Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:21:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My two cents with OKPay Debit Card Verification Process  (Read 1219 times)
tampa3 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:45:40 PM

First off  Sad

I signed up for an okpay account and really like the easy process of depositing bitcoins into your account.  They make it super easy and the fees are not that bad.  As of this morning,  my account was verified with my state issued drivers licence,  and car insurance bill.  At this point in time I am only able to wire money out of my account but I like the idea of having a debit card instead.  So I applied and I got a message today saying the following:

Hello, thanks for all the documentation provided, however, while processing your OKPAY Debit Card order card issuer requested to provide additional documentation in order to get your application approved.
Please upload the following scanned documents into your OKPAY Profile and then contact us by posting a reply to this ticket (let us know that the documents have been provided).

Make sure that the provided scans will be in color, high-resolution and without cut edges (uncropped).

1. Your residential address proof with the recent date (not older than 2 month):
We accept only stamped bank statements, utility bills, certificates of 2 recent months with your full name, address and date on it.
PLEASE NOTE: P.O. Box, electronic bills, invoices and screenshots are not accepted!
Upload the file to your OKPAY Profile > Addresses section:

2. Your personal Identification with the minimum validity of 6 months:
We accept Passport and national ID cards. Unfortunately driving licenses are not accepted any longer for proof of identity.
Upload the file to your OKPAY Profile > General Information section:

3. Due to the card issuer requirements we ask you to fill in the form (for US-citizens only) below  

And upload it to your OKPAY Profile by opening the link below:

When did a valid Government Issue ID not a valid form of proof of identity?  Huh

All that I have left is a certified copy of my birth certificate?  Or an expired passport.

Well I submitted the items and my account went from verified to unverified,  cant wire my money out now.   I am pretty sure they want a valid passport and since they only accept ID documents that are valid for at least 6 months,  so basicly im screwed.

Thanks alot OKPAY.

Currently looking for another bitcoin to US dollar debit card solution.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grums

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:54:23 PM

Have you contacted support on there and asked why the Drivers License wasnt sufficent?

I just verified by account with them a few hours ago, have to wait for them to get back to me now.

What other solutions are out there?

I want to get funds into my BTC-E account, adding EURO the only option is Okpay but adding USD you can use Bitinstant. It says you can use a wire transfer on there but I dont see the option only to add coupons.

Donations : BTC : 13Niw9YieHnEiuVxaVsFEAv4Hsomrs711u
                  LTC : LYaFDMTK5xSohBdBxbidqH9skzNAWFawhD
tampa3 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:06:43 PM

I did,  waiting for a reply,  maybe I will hear something from them in a day or 2.  I am surprised they dont want a DNA sample,  because that would be so much easier to give to them at this point!  I am in the process of renewing my passport,  worst case scenario,  7 or 8 months before I get my debit card!!!
cointoss

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:02:53 PM

I am going through the same thing! I just submitted my driver's license and utility bill the other day. Then I find out that bank wire fees are not just the 1% they put all over the place, but also $35! Not only that, but that is only their estimate and they are very vague about it, so they could charge you more. So I decided to apply for the debit card.

They also ignored my support ticket about the debit card application and simply copypasted me that letter you got, which has nothing to do with my support inquiry at all.

So, I guess I will resubmit my documents, but I am sure they will have a problem with me submitting the same documents twice, wouldn't they?

Anyone here have experience withdrawing from them via bank wire to the US? What were the actual fees and how long did it take? I am thinking about just taking the hit on the fee and getting my money out of this place if this is how poor their communication is with their customers.  Angry

QQCoin: QQSRP5u9yL7KtDAsGX7XmQ6QxHiA7BCGAv    doge: D8yy1FW5FdkoFCQP1nQeWGKX3ugcbegpJD

BTC: 15ExWcdDN38o852bC2jBEuC5igqp8gdtAK             EAC: eV9qafrM8uGaNzbvLXRCVVXkmmysUv7fud
tampa3 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:02:16 AM

so here it is.  I am closing my account. 

Passport required. 

Very Silly, that I can buy a house, get a loan,  fly anywhere in the U.S,  (all without a passport)  but cant get an OK Debit Card. Only 1/3 of Americans have a passport,  how can they make this requirement.   

Will just wire money out of my account,  easier till someone comes up with bitcoin to usd debit card.

Please note, all requirements for the debit card are set not by OKPAY, but by the card-issuer bank CSC24Seven. Unfortunately we can not help you with this issue because these are not our requirements. For US customers only passports are accepted by the bank. Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: