Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:23:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-12-15] Switzerland: How the World’s Densest Bitcoin ATM Network is Doing  (Read 470 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 06:37:41 PM

Switzerland: How the World’s Densest Bitcoin ATM Network is Doing

One month after Switzerland’s national railway company SBB/CFF/FFS surprised everyone by allowing every single one of their ticket machines to sell bitcoin to anyone with a Swiss phone number, we followed up to see how it has been going for SBB and its customers.

https://news.bitcoin.com/switzerland-densest-bitcoin-atm-network/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 06:41:05 PM

o wow, thats great. Leave it to the Swiss to help grow the BTC revolution Cheesy

ALL train stations in Switzerland, geez that country looks better and better every year to move to haha

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 07:13:16 PM

o wow, thats great. Leave it to the Swiss to help grow the BTC revolution Cheesy

ALL train stations in Switzerland, geez that country looks better and better every year to move to haha

Yeah, what a strange world. Bitcoin should be the universal micro payment money that everybody should use,

now only the richest nation in the world can afford the fees and really use it.

Thx BScore

Roll Eyes

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 07:20:40 PM

Yeah, what a strange world. Bitcoin should be the universal micro payment money that everybody should use,

Thx BScore

Roll Eyes

lol.  leave it to people to make sure to find a way to bitch and complain SOMEHOW ;p
that's the problem really, everyone's so busy complaining about "they can afford things i can't"  to just get there as well. a.k.a all of America ;p
idk, maybe its just jealousy  Cool

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 11:00:31 PM

Thx BScore

Roll Eyes

groan ...

If the blockchain transaction fees were zero, Sweepay would still be charging their 6% or so for bitcoin purchases thru these machines.

You're just trolling.

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 01:09:38 PM

Thx BScore

Roll Eyes

groan ...

If the blockchain transaction fees were zero, Sweepay would still be charging their 6% or so for bitcoin purchases thru these machines.

You're just trolling.

You used right grammar:  'fees were'  - in the past!  Or would you claim you or anybody else use bitcoin for micro payments ? 

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:08:23 PM

Switzerland: How the World’s Densest Bitcoin ATM Network is Doing

One month after Switzerland’s national railway company SBB/CFF/FFS surprised everyone by allowing every single one of their ticket machines to sell bitcoin to anyone with a Swiss phone number, we followed up to see how it has been going for SBB and its customers.

https://news.bitcoin.com/switzerland-densest-bitcoin-atm-network/

Switzerland has always been one of the best countries in the world. They are quick to adopt everything which is good for their people and now they have more than 1000 BTMs working around the clock. Why am I not surprised? I think other countries should follow their example as soon as possible. Good job, Switzerland!
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 03:21:37 PM

Thx BScore

Roll Eyes

This has nothing to do with wealth. The fees are cheaper than for example Western Union what is often used by many people in poorer countries. So, the argument is invalid. Switzerland and Swiss people are simply more open-minded to new technology and developments. This is the reason why Switzerland is leading the way with so many things. And being leading in new technologies creates more wealth.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: