Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:43:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MoneyBadger - Send Bitcoin via Reddit/Email/SMS, no login required!  (Read 1132 times)
MoneyBadger (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 08:59:05 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2017, 02:03:03 AM by MoneyBadger

*** New Feature Added - Send BTC via Reddit! ***

What is MoneyBadger?
MoneyBadger is a web service that allows you to easily and privately send Bitcoin to someone without knowing their Bitcoin address. Perfect for tipping people or introducing friends/colleagues to Bitcoin! No accounts/logins are required.

How does it work?
Check out - https://moneybadger.io/#how

There are 3 simple steps:
1) Select a delivery method (Reddit / Email / SMS)
2) Enter an amount to send (USD/EUR/GBP/BTC values accepted)
3) Complete the Order by depositing Bitcoin

Why use MoneyBadger?
TIPPING MADE EASY - Send Bitcoin without having to request a Bitcoin address to send to. Include an optional reference message to identify yourself or add a personal note.
NO ACCOUNTS - Send and receive Bitcoin without having to create or log in to an account.
INCREASED PRIVACY - MoneyBadger increases the privacy of both the Sender and Receiver, by masking both source and destination Bitcoin addresses.
SEND & FORGET - Include a return address in your order and your Bitcoin will be returned to you if it hasn't been withdrawn after 7 days.
FLEXIBILITY - The Receiver can withdraw their Bitcoin to any address of their choosing, unbeknownst to the Sender.

Are there any costs/fees involved?
There is a flat $0.50 fee, which covers the cost of sending a BTC transaction.
Example - Bob completes an order for $10 worth of BTC, to be sent to Alice. Alice will receive $9.50

Links
Twitter
Facebook
support@moneybadger.io

Check out https://moneybadger.io for further information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:58:06 AM

There is a flat $0.30 fee, which covers the cost of sending a BTC transaction.
Your service sound quite good to send bitcoin as a gift to someone who don't know about bitcoin.

But $0.30 worth of bitcoin may be required just to include as fee for bitcoin transaction (withdrawal), so what profit you guys will generate form it? Also sending SMS notification may add up some cost to service. I think better for you guys is to include 0.30$ + 1% fee so that you guys can earn some profit with the increasing volume. Many bitcoin micropayment gateway are closing down because of low profit. Good luck...
MoneyBadger (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 05:35:27 AM

There is a flat $0.30 fee, which covers the cost of sending a BTC transaction.
Your service sound quite good to send bitcoin as a gift to someone who don't know about bitcoin.

But $0.30 worth of bitcoin may be required just to include as fee for bitcoin transaction (withdrawal), so what profit you guys will generate form it? Also sending SMS notification may add up some cost to service. I think better for you guys is to include 0.30$ + 1% fee so that you guys can earn some profit with the increasing volume. Many bitcoin micropayment gateway are closing down because of low profit. Good luck...
Hi mobnepal, thanks for you kind words.

You're right, there are some additional costs with sending SMS for example, and $0.30 is a pretty reasonable fee.
However, this isn't a 'money-making' venture for me. My main focus is to offer a service that will be valued by the community; if it generates some small profit also, even better.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 08:55:14 PM

This is very useful for introduce to people who not familiar with bitcoin equipment (wallet, address, etc), this is also can attract people to use bitcoin equipment itself, when they received bitcoin as valuable, they will not miss this by just let it flow.

So, make it clear. The sender step is mentioned above. How much interval to deposit amount of bitcoin which want to send to receiver? The address for send it is different for every transaction?

For a receiver, they receive a bitcoin through email/SMS than how they send bitcoin to their address?
viziano

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 09:29:54 PM

The idea is pretty good..Actually the site is pretty good lol  Grin
Although I don't really like the 0.30$ fee...I mean,it covers sthe BTC fee but still idk  Huh Huh

...........  FREE DISTRIBUTION TO BTC HOLDERS                                 NEW CONSENSUS ALGORITHM
● Byteball ●.   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
..........  REGULATORY COMPLIANT ASSETS                                       UNTRACEABLE PAYMENTS
MoneyBadger (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 05:20:37 PM

This is very useful for introduce to people who not familiar with bitcoin equipment (wallet, address, etc), this is also can attract people to use bitcoin equipment itself, when they received bitcoin as valuable, they will not miss this by just let it flow.

So, make it clear. The sender step is mentioned above. How much interval to deposit amount of bitcoin which want to send to receiver? The address for send it is different for every transaction?

For a receiver, they receive a bitcoin through email/SMS than how they send bitcoin to their address?
Thanks ikydesu. This is definitely one of the areas MoneyBadger excels in; introducting new people to Bitcoin. MoneyBadger some Bitcoin to some friends/colleagues and you can be sure they will invest some time in to learning about Bitcoin.

By interval, are you asking how much you can send with MoneyBadger? We have a min/max send of $1 / $100.

The receiver will be sent a unique withdrawal code, which they can use at https://moneybadger.io to withdraw their Bitcoin.
RollBit.io

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 04:07:29 AM

Great service, I saw this on Reddit a couple of days ago, looks like you improved the design. Well done, keep it up.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 06:06:39 PM

-snip-

By interval, are you asking how much you can send with MoneyBadger? We have a min/max send of $1 / $100.

No, i means the interval for send bitcoin to receiver, like how many minutes/hours.
Good to know min-max amounts for send too.

The idea is pretty good..Actually the site is pretty good lol  Grin
Although I don't really like the 0.30$ fee...I mean,it covers sthe BTC fee but still idk  Huh Huh

I think it's cover for send bitcoin to receiver (service fees).
MoneyBadger (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 08:30:31 PM

No, i means the interval for send bitcoin to receiver, like how many minutes/hours.
Email/SMS messages are sent instantly following 1 confirmation. So best case scenario, a user can withdraw Bitcoin within minutes of the MoneyBadger order being created.
MoneyBadger (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 01:26:11 PM

Would you like to gift Bitcoin to somebody this Xmas?

Or maybe you'd like to introduce some friends, family, or work colleagues to Bitcoin.

All you need is an Email address or SMS number!

-MoneyBadger

MoneyBadger (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 05:11:40 PM

Check out our new website - moneybadger.io

Send BTC to friends/family/strangers, easily and privately!

-MoneyBadger
NaramediaID

Activity: 251
Merit: 102

Coffee, Coding, Crypto

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:18:13 AM

Great idea, I'll try to use  Wink
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:09:04 AM

Pretty cool idea, except it brings about a huge concern. A lot of people don't want their BTC addresses linked to their phone/email -- it takes away from its anonymity.

The other part is... what if someone never claims theirs? Does it get returned to the sender after a certain period?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Dlugina23

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:37:44 AM

Fantastic idea with this servis.Site like beautifull other website dont looks like this.
MoneyBadger (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 07:39:36 PM

Great idea, I'll try to use  Wink
Fantastic idea with this servis.Site like beautifull other website dont looks like this.
Thanks  Smiley

The other part is... what if someone never claims theirs? Does it get returned to the sender after a certain period?
Yes it does, providing you add a Return Address. If not collected after 7 days, your BTC is returned to you.
Lord Jerry

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 08:28:57 AM

Its an interesting concept for sure. Has anybody tried it yet? Any feedback?
rozee
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 03:54:39 AM

your service is very interesting, send bitcoin via email is already exist for several years ago but send bitcoin via sms is very good for us who have not internet connection at that moment also the fee is not high only $0.5 per transaction, i will waiting for testimony from trusted user first then i am sure will try this service Smiley
Lord Jerry

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 04:30:31 AM

your service is very interesting, send bitcoin via email is already exist for several years ago but send bitcoin via sms is very good for us who have not internet connection at that moment also the fee is not high only $0.5 per transaction, i will waiting for testimony from trusted user first then i am sure will try this service Smiley

You still have to login at the site to enter a phone number to send btc to, and the receiver has to login with a verification code to receive the btc. So you will still need an internet connection.
pcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 07:53:47 AM

This is a great inventions no doubt but it has totally removed the anonymity that bitcoin stands for especially in the are of sms which definitely will require the user phone number but this idea is totally welcomed because it is an innovation.
MoneyBadger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2017, 05:02:21 PM

You still have to login at the site to enter a phone number to send btc to, and the receiver has to login with a verification code to receive the btc. So you will still need an internet connection.
I wouldn't say login is the correct word to use, as you don't in fact need to 'login'. You do however, as you mentioned, need an internet connection.

This is a great inventions no doubt but it has totally removed the anonymity that bitcoin stands for especially in the are of sms which definitely will require the user phone number but this idea is totally welcomed because it is an innovation.
Thanks for your kind words. MoneyBadger does increase the privacy of peer-to-peer payments though, in a very easy manner, which is one its primary purposes.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: