Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miner Hosting Where Power is Cheaper  (Read 220 times)
bgade (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:07:45 AM

I'm curious to hear about what is common for hosting large amounts of altcoin hashing.  Back when I was playing around with altcoins, scypt asics weren't yet common.  It was still about using video cards, etc.  Lots has changed since then.

One of the bigger changes is that we just acquired a new larger building. The neatest part of it is that 1/3 of it is an old bomb shelter.  The coldest part of it is that its winter up here in Canada and the building is heated primarily with electric heat.  Seeing the hydro bill made me think back to how much it used to cost to run a machine at my house hashing away.

Electricity here costs around 8 cents CAD per kilowatt hour - but thats 5.9 cents USD.  It costs substantially less as you use more - as low as half that price once you are using enough. 

Is there any demand for places to host hashing?  Certainly up to the limit of what it takes to heat the building in winter, we could host it and and up with free heat.  In the winter, cooling is basically free here as well.  Of course, in summer the costs don't make nearly as much sense. 

What are people doing to host hashing, if anything?  How would I find enough people to use up around 150amp/18,000 watts of hashing power for the next few months? 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: