Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:03:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dear signature spammers... (or account farmers.) -- Read the STATS inside.  (Read 5099 times)
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 03:45:56 PM

but still its a users choice where they want to post, campaign rules are not really required to follow. users should always remember signature campaign is not a job (though campaigns really help some people). signature campaigns is only an incentive while you are posting here in the forum and not paying you to make post, its not the same

And who says that signature campaign should not be considered a job?
I am not encouraging spammers by saying that they "need" to make xx amount of posts in order to get paid as they will be caught eventually, but if you are saying that we should not go by the rules if in a signature campaign, better not to join it, ah?
Signature campaigns should be treated as an assigned job as you are in because you are supposed to advertise them, obviously through contributing in a better way and not through spamming.

I still couldn't think of signature campaign as a job, its is just a incentive as we are making post and discussing things here in the forum. Paid while posting and post to get paid are not the same

@actmyname that is if you want the campaigns to tell you what to do then it is considered a job but all campaigns dont tell you that you MUST only follow them and not your brain on where you want to join a discussion

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 06:42:20 AM

Just delete all the spam posts and you'll see that the forum goes down in ranks and no longer would be the number one forum for crypto. Any post you feel to be spam just use the report button if they are spam then moderators know what to do.
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 07:40:35 AM

Instead of discouraging this account farmers you were talking you just give them some info's to new aspirant account farmers good luck to you tho you have a point .
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 11:16:47 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2016, 11:27:11 PM by coolcoinz

Instead of discouraging this account farmers you were talking you just give them some info's to new aspirant account farmers good luck to you tho you have a point .

Haha that's what I thought after reading it. From a sociological point of view OP's post is very interesting. It proves that people around the world are completely different and can be really close minded.
Unfortunately, OP doesn't know the value of money and he shows that by saying sums like 760USD a year are dust and compares it to a $300 McDonalds job. A job he thinks is crappy.
It makes me think of that pic i saw on 9gag with $30 food http://9gag.com/gag/axD6ZOM It's really not difficult to find countries, where a hourly rate is below $3, you know Wink

Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 11:27:19 PM

Holy hell man, quit reading what shitty posts you come across then...simple as that.  Are you new to the internet? After skimming through discussion boards / forums long enough, the brain pretty much blocks out certain material, for example horrid english + lack of punctuation + repeating the same thing that has been posted 100 times already (aka 90% of this board's thread replies).  You do realize that you've landed yourself in an equally annoying category, though?  Those whom do nothing constructive about signature spammers, instead berate and attack them.  These threads lump everyone with a signature together as a result - over time, people assume all those carrying a sig are simply posting for the spare change it rewards.  To that, I say look at reddit...99% of those replies are shit, and the posters are doing it off the clock!  Some of us simply enjoy the community/internet boards/etc.  Having a sig doesn't hurt any, so why NOT get what few bits are available?  (I understand this is directed at SPAMMERS - but still, directed towards the 'lumping together' mentioned before)

The real users at fault are moderators, whom allow such desecration of the english language to continue.  It'd be easy as hell for them to identify and remove specific spammers without hurting the rest of us...
Huge Black Woman

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 11:33:27 PM

Yeh but McDonalds don't pay in bitcoin, these here campaigns do, an' it's real easy work.  It's jist some'a these muthafuckas don' care about quality an' they cain't write an English sentence ta save they life.  The copypastez is jist stupid for doin' that.  That is tha lazziest way to make a few cents, an' the stupidest one too.  Y'all get banned right quick as Lauda say'ed. 

Most o' these fools buy they account first, an' the OP here ought to know that fact.  Most o' them don't take the time to log up they accounts.  Jist like scammin'.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 11:39:06 PM

according to the stats you came up with farming a dozen hero accounts could net someone an american minimum wage income or a third world middle class income and you think that's going to discourage anyone? sounds like a great earner and if i needed the money i'd be doing it myself.

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
0x0010 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

female ;)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 06:12:56 AM

To everyone saying it's helpful for the people in a minimum wage country...

Sure it is. But what are they gonna do after signature campaigns finish? Or something happens to their internet and they spent all their time farming posts like a bitch instead of looknig for an actual job or opportunity? What are they gonna do, kill them selves looknig for more BTC?

keybase.io/0x0010
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 05:02:09 PM

To everyone saying it's helpful for the people in a minimum wage country...

Sure it is. But what are they gonna do after signature campaigns finish? Or something happens to their internet and they spent all their time farming posts like a bitch instead of looknig for an actual job or opportunity? What are they gonna do, kill them selves looknig for more BTC?

That is why people is actually abusing the signature campaign because as what you have said that we all do not know when would be the last time that this campaigns are going to earn. There are a lot of basis why people choose to work at home you should also try to think of what was the reasons do i have to state one? Finding a job is not easy especially if you do live in the third world countries Wink
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 05:48:08 PM

If you have the ability to make significant money from spamming your signature, then I believe that you have the ability to make a lot more by monetising blogs.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Bunker

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 06:11:22 PM

This makes me wonder what age these sig participants are. Maybe they're too young for a fast food job or their still in school.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 06:27:31 PM

Holy hell man, quit reading what shitty posts you come across then...simple as that.
No. Stop neglecting the problem and indirectly support the spread of this infestation.

That is tha lazziest way to make a few cents, an' the stupidest one too.  Y'all get banned right quick as Lauda say'ed.  
Copy-paste isn't even such a big problem (since it's 'ban-on-sight'). The standard spammers are.

I risk my life every day working on heights, climbing on ladders and scaffolding in catastrophic weather conditions and I do not touch those $ 200 a month.
so will you blame me to have farmed two or three account To be able to have an extra income?
I do not care where you come from, nor what you're doing/have done. Background information will not make you suddenly 'not a bad poster', nor should it except you from anything. Everyone should be treated equally in this regard: If you can't contribute in a useful way, then you shouldn't be contributing in said topic, section et al.

This makes me wonder what age these sig participants are. Maybe they're too young for a fast food job or their still in school.
I've been getting PMs of people claiming to be kids, in various situations and with various diseases. Even if these 'stories' were true, that should not and does not affect my view of said users.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
0x0010 (OP)

female ;)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 12:39:03 AM

Age shouldn't matter. I'm still in school too, and I'm barely old enough for a job. Does that mean I make shitty posts all over a "high quality" forum for a few cents? The reason these people will never make a HIGH amount of money like you or I is because they would slave away for 1 cent. Just go to the services section and you'll see. Anyway, if they're too young for a job then wouldn't they have other things to worry about than spamming for a few cents? It encourages a bad type of pattern for them, and it's possible they'll get into bad habits like gambling.

keybase.io/0x0010
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 12:46:37 AM

Age shouldn't matter. I'm still in school too, and I'm barely old enough for a job. Does that mean I make shitty posts all over a "high quality" forum for a few cents? The reason these people will never make a HIGH amount of money like you or I is because they would slave away for 1 cent. Just go to the services section and you'll see. Anyway, if they're too young for a job then wouldn't they have other things to worry about than spamming for a few cents? It encourages a bad type of pattern for them, and it's possible they'll get into bad habits like gambling.

Thinking about it, the internet right now is able to promise a lot of opportunities if you're unable to find a job in your local area. Think about software projects or graphic design tasks for example -- how easy is it to connect to others online? How easy is it to learn something that you can use as a skill, as a job for your future?

Then... why don't people do it? Laziness.

Signature campaigns offer the lazy man an easy way to gain money... unfortunately. And due to this, there's exploitation and farmed accounts start spawning. Why would you bother working hard, going through lots of work to learn about something when you can simply go onto the internet every day and recycle crap?

You can simply look at a couple recent posts, spout the same thing, and boom! Instant cash. Another problem with this is that these campaigns are usually linked to gambling - which is what participants may use it on (if they're not struggling for cash... or sometimes even when they are). Easy come, easy go.

If someone REALLY is desperate for employment, they should learn to program and try to work online in that field. It's easy enough (to pick up) and rewards dedication. As opposed to shitposting, I think it's a far better career choice.

symbian

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 10:57:01 PM

they might be doing to for more then just bitcoin dust, they could be learning about bitcoin as they go along and obviously their working on their typing speed and English.
'They' represents a smaller part of the total signature campaign participants. I'd say that there are more than 10 spammers (account wise) for every genuine poster.

That would be true if majority of the weren't in the gambling section repeating what someone else said or in meta/discussion threads posting basic knowledge.
Correct. They avoid anything that requires actually thinking and/or skills to properly contribute. It is easy to spew out half-baked posts in threads of lower quality (I should know).

Do you have like specific stats to show this? Or is it just your belief.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 11:00:39 PM

Aside from the SMAS blacklist vs. total number of participants, or Bitmixer (number of participants vs. number of banned users), I can't give any stats. For example, in Bitmixer the ratio was ~1:8 (1 participant for every 8 banned users) last time I checked. It's pretty much impossible to figure out determine who is who (genuine vs. spammer) on a global scale (i.e. for everyone).

Tl;dr: It is my belief based on my own observations / work.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
symbian

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 06:36:46 AM

Aside from the SMAS blacklist vs. total number of participants, or Bitmixer (number of participants vs. number of banned users), I can't give any stats. For example, in Bitmixer the ratio was ~1:8 (1 participant for every 8 banned users) last time I checked. It's pretty much impossible to figure out determine who is who (genuine vs. spammer) on a global scale (i.e. for everyone).

Tl;dr: It is my belief based on my own observations / work.

So then its all suspicion. I do expect a lot of spammers come here to make a living but your 1:10 ratio seemed out of line to me. I'm sure its quite a lot but I doubt that many are spammers. It may just seem like that. Thanks for taking the time to answer me.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 12:01:06 PM

So then its all suspicion. I do expect a lot of spammers come here to make a living but your 1:10 ratio seemed out of line to me.
Not exactly 'all suspicion. One can't create this conclusion for all campaigns and at all times (as obviously it will differ due to various factors). However, this is just upscaling of localized numbers.

I'm sure its quite a lot but I doubt that many are spammers. It may just seem like that. Thanks for taking the time to answer me.
I'm pretty sure that there are more than the majority seems to think. Just remember, we have several examples of 1 person owning over 10 accounts.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 02:38:53 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2016, 02:50:58 PM by tokeweed

You guys just don't get it.  These aren't mere individuals spamming the forum for pennies as said.  This is a professionally run operation.  Don't believe me?  Read this article then.  I'm sure there's one or two operating in this forum right now.

The Bot Bubble:  Click Farms Have Inflated Social Media Currency
https://newrepublic.com/article/121551/bot-bubble-click-farms-have-inflated-social-media-currency

So the signature campaigns aren't really the problem.  The buying and selling of accounts are.  The sig campaigns just happen to be there for them to make a little extra.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 04:45:34 PM

You guys just don't get it.  These aren't mere individuals spamming the forum for pennies as said.  This is a professionally run operation.  Don't believe me?  Read this article then.  I'm sure there's one or two operating in this forum right now.

The Bot Bubble:  Click Farms Have Inflated Social Media Currency
https://newrepublic.com/article/121551/bot-bubble-click-farms-have-inflated-social-media-currency

So the signature campaigns aren't really the problem.  The buying and selling of accounts are.  The sig campaigns just happen to be there for them to make a little extra.
Two words: free market. Forum pays for signatures, people start abusing it and making more accounts to earn more money. Same thing happened with Youtube and Facebook likes, solving captchas and many more.
The article is interesting, but this is only one of the many similar companies. I remember reading about a government agency in Russia, that was using the same tactic to influence forums.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: