Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:32:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many GPU put into mining to let btc avalon buyers losing the game?  (Read 4270 times)
libertybuck

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:15:27 PM

"得了便宜还卖乖!"

Hey bro, for batch #1, sure there will be good return.
I'm thinking of  batch #3 case.

And also, I never regret any invest in Avalon. Just try to simulate the situation of GPU incoming.

If I paid in USD but not in BTC, it will be a much better ROI result.

"没占谁的便宜啊,我都是真金白银花下去买的avalon啊亲。"  <-- I pay real BTC to buy Avalon, and I 'm curious about the real ROI. let's find out 2 months later

这个问题得看如何理解. 我付款比你早但至今没收到那18台机器, 与我相比, 你是不是受到格外优惠的待遇 ?  所以, 当知足, 并感恩.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:54:32 PM

"得了便宜还卖乖!"

And also, I never regret any invest in Avalon. Just try to simulate the situation of GPU incoming.

"没占谁的便宜啊,我都是真金白银花下去买的avalon啊亲。"  <-- I pay real BTC to buy Avalon, and I 'm curious about the real ROI. let's find out 2 months later

哈哈,有人跟我一样想法啊!你没有联系南瓜问问到底怎么回事么?
libertybuck

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:21:34 PM

"得了便宜还卖乖!"

哈哈,有人跟我一样想法啊!你没有联系南瓜问问到底怎么回事么?

随我团购的人因焦虑收不全货而在qq群中骂了张博士, 从那以后我再也没收到机器. 我是最大的受害者. 比窦娥还冤.

marra

Activity: 189

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:31:02 PM

I got my first ROI on GPUs in 7 months... Why would Avalons do it faster, why would any investement be faster then that? Only first batch should be able to do that...

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
caoxg (OP)

Activity: 159

Winter is coming

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 01:31:33 PM

张博士被骂的多了,应该不至于是这个原因吧。他们很有契约精神的。

I'm running a Chinese crowdfunding website: dreamchina.com.
libertybuck

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:53:09 PM

张博士被骂的多了,应该不至于是这个原因吧。他们很有契约精神的。

那我就不知道是啥原因了.

电话不接. 邮件不回. 只有阳光男孩xiangfu还算同情我, 但他回的邮件也很令我心寒, 他说他不知道啥时给我发货. 也就是说, 没人知道啥时给我发货.

> 他们很有契约精神的。

啥是契约精神? 谁来帮我扫扫盲?

说实在的, 落到这种境遇, 我的心情很郁闷. 打算择日裸奔.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 06:40:46 PM

Your ROI is all wrong.  You are wanting to get BTC for BTC.  You said that right now you get 4.2BTC/day and it would take you 20 days to get that back.  Your looking to get back 80BTC that equates to at todays rate of $230/btc or $18,400 when you paid 80BTC at $16 you paid $1,280.

BTC is worth what it will buy and a 1 BTC today will buy a lot more than 1 BTC from 6 months ago.  So you can't use BTC for BTC as your ROI.  If the price of BTC stayed relatively the same then you could.  So you have to use something else to determine your ROI say USD which does not fluctuate as much.

If you not happy with that ROI I would be more than happy to take the unit off your hands Smiley

It doesnt make sense to take the exchange price into account. Simply because the following.
You invest 100BTC into an avalon. A BTC is worth $10 at that time. That makes the machine $1000. You earn 5BTC with that machine while the exchange price is $200. And you already have your investment back. But that isnt correct. Because you invested BTC. If you would have kept the BTC and didnt buy the Asic then you would now have $20000. So a miner has always to beat the buyingprice you paid in BTC. Otherwise you lose. Or you would have been better to keep your bitcoins and see the exchange price and the worth rise.

The same applies to Asicminer shares. If you got your initial investment IN BTC back youre fine. Otherwise you would have been better to keep the BTC.

Everything that is beyond the buyingprice is additional and can be calculated in whatever you like. But an investment in BTC has to come back in BTC.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Rodyland

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:42:53 AM

Everything that is beyond the buyingprice is additional and can be calculated in whatever you like. But an investment in BTC has to come back in BTC.

This x1000.  When investing in btc, measure your returns in btc.

And if you're "a believer" then the more transactions you do in bitcoin (such as buying a batch 3 Avalon), the better it is for Bitcoin.  And if you're a believer in Bitcoin, then you're in for the long haul anyway.

And if you're only here for a quick buck, then I hope you put in your life savings at $200 and sold in a panic at $100.

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
libertybuck

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:53:51 AM

不知哪位真神感化了南瓜博士的心, 今天早晨顺丰快递竟然送来5台avalon.

我想,这定是万能的主耶和华或他的忠实使徒所为.

caoxg (OP)

Activity: 159

Winter is coming

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 02:03:43 AM

不知哪位真神感化了南瓜博士的心, 今天早晨顺丰快递竟然送来5台avalon.

我想,这定是万能的主耶和华或他的忠实使徒所为.

赞美!

I'm running a Chinese crowdfunding website: dreamchina.com.
Wayne_Chang

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:16:30 AM

这一情况让我对南瓜按时发送第二批充满信心啊!赞美一下吧!哈哈! Grin
monkee

Activity: 172

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:02:22 AM

It doesnt make sense to take the exchange price into account. Simply because the following.
You invest 100BTC into an avalon. A BTC is worth $10 at that time. That makes the machine $1000. You earn 5BTC with that machine while the exchange price is $200. And you already have your investment back. But that isnt correct. Because you invested BTC. If you would have kept the BTC and didnt buy the Asic then you would now have $20000. So a miner has always to beat the buyingprice you paid in BTC. Otherwise you lose. Or you would have been better to keep your bitcoins and see the exchange price and the worth rise.

The same applies to Asicminer shares. If you got your initial investment IN BTC back youre fine. Otherwise you would have been better to keep the BTC.

thank you for the sanity SebastianJu.  ROI can only be measured in BTC if BTC was spent.

this analogy:
Why we have to compare the investment by BTC?
Think about if you invest gold or silver, how you judge win or lose?

should be more like this:
I sell 100 gold bars to build a gold mining operation.
My mining operation uncovers 80 gold bars.
Did I make my ROI?  

No I did not.

The price of gold bars increasing or decreasing does not change that.  *edit* Nor does it matter what price I bought those original gold bars for.  You were right the first time SolarSilver Smiley  Even Yifu from Avalon measured ROI in BTC, not the dollar/euro value, etc.

"The price of each unit is the current mining difficulty which at the time of writing, just got readjusted to about 6,695,826. We take that number and multiply it by two ( predicting the network speed will double. ) and calculate the return in a thirty day window, which is about 75 bitcoins."
http://launch.avalon-asics.com/

In all of this, (and the jealous whining, lol) the OP's original question seems to have been lost. How many GPU miners it would take to make life difficult for batch 3 recipients is an interesting one but beyond my skill to figure out, sadly.  Hopefully too many for it to be any concern Smiley
Wayne_Chang

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:33:59 AM

should be more like this:
I sell 100 gold bars to build a gold mining operation.
My mining operation uncovers 80 gold bars.
Did I make my ROI?  

No I did not.

The price of gold bars increasing or decreasing does not change that.  *edit* Nor does it matter what price I bought those original gold bars for.  You were right the first time SolarSilver Smiley  Even Yifu from Avalon measured ROI in BTC, not the dollar/euro value, etc.

It will be a long discussion on how you define win or lose. I was aiming to the word "losing" in the topic.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:09:06 AM

Your ROI is all wrong.  You are wanting to get BTC for BTC.  You said that right now you get 4.2BTC/day and it would take you 20 days to get that back.  Your looking to get back 80BTC that equates to at todays rate of $230/btc or $18,400 when you paid 80BTC at $16 you paid $1,280.

BTC is worth what it will buy and a 1 BTC today will buy a lot more than 1 BTC from 6 months ago.  So you can't use BTC for BTC as your ROI.  If the price of BTC stayed relatively the same then you could.  So you have to use something else to determine your ROI say USD which does not fluctuate as much.

If you not happy with that ROI I would be more than happy to take the unit off your hands Smiley

This is what I'm trying to explain post after post in different threads. Is incredible how people keep saying "hey, you will get your ROI faster because BTC/USD is skyrocketing", and then they do their math in USD... When speaking about an Avalon #3 which has been bought with BTC.

Guys: you spend BTC, your ROI is in BTC. Otherwise, as Sebastian says, you would just have been better HOLDING those BTC.

Pure logic.

firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:52:18 PM

Pure failed logic.

ftfy.

It doesn't matter what unit of denomination you keep your books in. The real judge of value is "what can I buy with it" -

at the time you bought your avalon with btc... you could have instead bought 1000 USD or 242 gallon of petrol. This is a valuation of what you spent to purchase the goods. It is incidental that what you chose to buy has the function of generating bitcoins for you. This is called income.

The key is use the same method of valuation for your income as you have for your expenditure.

So what if bitcoins increase in value and have a higher price on your exchange... as long as you can spend some of those bitcoins and buy you 1000 usd or 242 gallons of petrol... as long as you do spend the income.... you've made 100% ROI on your investment.

You're confusing speculation and capital gains with income and expenditure.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 10:08:50 PM

Pure failed logic.

ftfy.

It doesn't matter what unit of denomination you keep your books in. The real judge of value is "what can I buy with it" -

at the time you bought your avalon with btc... you could have instead bought 1000 USD or 242 gallon of petrol. This is a valuation of what you spent to purchase the goods. It is incidental that what you chose to buy has the function of generating bitcoins for you. This is called income.

The key is use the same method of valuation for your income as you have for your expenditure.

So what if bitcoins increase in value and have a higher price on your exchange... as long as you can spend some of those bitcoins and buy you 1000 usd or 242 gallons of petrol... as long as you do spend the income.... you've made 100% ROI on your investment.

You're confusing speculation and capital gains with income and expenditure.

That would be right if you bought your Avalon with USD. But if you already had the BTC you invested into the Avalon in your wallet then you have to beat the higher value the BTC gained through the rising worth of the BTC. If you cant beat that value then you have invested 100BTC that were worth $1000 at that time. When the price of a BTC is $200 then you still have to mine 100BTC because if you wouldnt have bought the avalon you still would have 100BTC that now would be worth $20000.

In case the price for a BTC was at the start $10 and at the end $200:

Wallet: 100BTC (=$1000) -> Avalon Worth 100BTC (=$1000) -> Mining Revenue of 100BTC (=$20000)

or

Wallet: 100BTC (=$1000) -> nothing done -> In Wallet 100BTC (=$20000)

So if you only mined the initial $1000 back you would have only $1000 at the end, not $20000:

Wallet: 100BTC (=$1000) -> Avalon Worth 100BTC (=$1000) -> Mining Revenue of 5BTC (=$1000)

Of course if you didnt have BTC from the start and only changed USD into BTC to buy the avalon then it would be this way:

$1000 -> Wallet: 100BTC (=$1000) -> Avalon Worth 100BTC (=$1000) -> Mining Revenue of 5BTC (=$1000)

You would have your initial investment back. But still... if you skipped the investmentpart and kept the BTC you would be richer then.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Marrs

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:07:22 PM

Buying an Avalon, with btc or fiat, will always return more btc than the amount spent (unless it breaks).

The only thing in question is how long it will take and how much the fiat cost of carry for the electricity, connectivity, and storage it will be.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: