Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:22:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slush: Namecoin Total?  (Read 1706 times)
VishwaJay (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:11:50 PM

I'm not meaning to embarrass slush or try to control his site/pool/whatever, but I was wondering why there isn't a "total reward" box in the user account stats for Namecoin mining in the same way that there is for Bitcoin mining.

People who aren't slush can also respond, I'm interested to know if there is a technical/legal reason for this, mostly to take the load off of slush, who is really getting overworked these days in keeping his pool going (and that's not sarcasm, that's honest observance, based on slush's posts).

I'd also like to know if anyone really cares about it besides me.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MC10

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:41:07 AM

Merged mining isn't really supported anymore, I think. I never mined enough namecoins to even get past the minimum payout so I'm not sure how it works.
VishwaJay (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:47:49 AM

Merged mining isn't really supported anymore, I think. I never mined enough namecoins to even get past the minimum payout so I'm not sure how it works.

It's actually accruing... not regularly, but there is an amount there.

Just wondering why it's not added up like the Bitcoin totals are.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: