Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:44:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost $600 on SatoshiDice, crying at my own stupidity  (Read 1862 times)
maxspace321 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:15:38 PM

I did it.

I started with $600, went up to $2000, then lost it all, in the blink of an eye.

Rent is due in a few weeks, and I recently got fired from my job. I'm completely fucked and have no way of helping myself.

I realize I'm a complete idiot, and posting about this on the bitcoin forums while searching for people who have hit the jackpot (millionaires) has depressed me considerably.

Here's my wallet file, can't stop hitting myself about this.

http://i46.tinypic.com/ae421w.png

I don't expect anybody to give me anything, just because I don't deserve it, but regardless, I'm putting my address here.

To all those who have succeeded (most people), and to all those who are dumbfucks like myself and lost their money, I salute you all.

1EJ81xhYdjbZ2booS8mbCFBgmo4J9nboYU

Embarrassed
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tempt

Activity: 294
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:18:19 PM

As I can see in your signature, you have invested money in BFL also?
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:19:50 PM

Well, sorry about that dude, it sucks :-(

Next time that you have 3 spare BTC, I would suggest investing them in bonds and/or other securities... BTW, even S.DICE has one ;-)
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:20:53 PM

I can sort of sympathize with OP. Sold 11.74 coins at 137 USD, now look at the price. I cannot begin to explain the situation I am in, and how much I needed the money I could have made now. There are people a lot worse off like OP than me and need money more than me, but still.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:21:36 PM

I did it.

I started with $600, went up to $2000, then lost it all, in the blink of an eye.

Rent is due in a few weeks, and I recently got fired from my job. I'm completely fucked and have no way of helping myself.

I realize I'm a complete idiot, and posting about this on the bitcoin forums while searching for people who have hit the jackpot (millionaires) has depressed me considerably.

Embarrassed

Just a warning.  Gambling with the rent money is the kind of thing that can be indicative of just foolishness, but it can also be a sign of a serious gambling problem.  If you've never done this before, consider staying away from gambling.

Stupidity has nothing to do with it really.  Gambling makes some people behave irrationally and do self-destructive things.  Even smart people.

Be careful out there.
maxspace321 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:21:55 PM

As I can see in your signature, you have invested money in BFL also?

My best friend has and he's regretting it now :/
maxspace321 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:23:02 PM

I did it.

Embarrassed

Just a warning.  Gambling with the rent money is the kind of thing that can be indicative of just foolishness, but it can also be a sign of a serious gambling problem.  If you've never done this before, consider staying away from gambling.

Stupidity has nothing to do with it really.  Gambling makes some people behave irrationally and do self-destructive things.  Even smart people.

Be careful out there.

The scariest part was, I more than doubled my money. If I would've just cashed out the $600 initial investment I would've been fine.
ar9

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:23:26 PM

I know those feels man.  If I had some BTC to throw your way, I would.  I know those feels.

Careful with the gambling man.  BTC might feel like play money when you gamble with it... so dangerous.
Brunic

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:25:02 PM

I did it.

Embarrassed

Be careful out there.

The scariest part was, I more than doubled my money. If I would've just cashed out the $600 initial investment I would've been fine.

Absolutely not. You would have paid your rent, have some money left and told yourself in 1 month "oh, I could play SatoshiDice again and make money". The money you lost today, you would have lost it in 1-2-6 months from now.

You don't win at gambling, you only postpone your loss.
maxspace321 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:26:17 PM

I did it.

Embarrassed

Be careful out there.

Absolutely not. You would have paid your rent, have some money left and told yourself in 1 month "oh, I could play SatoshiDice again and make money". The money you lost today, you would have lost it in 1-2-6 months from now.

You don't win at gambling, you only postpone your loss.

Well damn my mentality then, I need to realize that Satoshi is a long-term loss. Too bad I learned that the hard way.
Blinken

Activity: 338
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:45:19 PM

Keep playing, looks like you still have 0.0487 btc left.

Bitcoin ♦♦♦ Trust in Mathematics, Not Bankers ♦♦♦
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 11:11:24 AM

https://docs.google.com/file/d/18V4q4uxR5Th0UWxOFRrADMBSOZSuo3YYtMhT86l-PyJrVzaj7eL4Lx610WXe/edit?usp=sharing

BubbleBoy

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:18:16 AM

No you couldn't. Just admit it for your own sake. You would have continued until bankrupt. The higher you peak, the more powerful the impetus to go back in and "win it all back". You need to get hit hard, like be thrown out in the street, to really drive the point home.

There is no such thing as luck and gambling is a waste of money. Do something productive with your life.

████
              ▄▄████▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
     ▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
   ▄████▀                  ▀████▄
  ▐███▀                      ▀███▌
 ▐███▀   ████▄  ████  ▄████   ▀███▌
 ████    █████▄ ████ ▄█████    ████
▐███▌    ██████▄████▄██████    ▐███▌
████     ██████████████████     ████
████     ████ ████████ ████     ████
████     ████  ██████  ████     ████
▐███▌    ████   ████   ████    ▐███▌
 ████    ████   ████   ████    ████
 ▐███▄   ████   ████   ████   ▄███▌
  ▐███▄                      ▄███▌
   ▀████▄                  ▄████▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀████▀▀
                ████
MIDEX
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ GET TOKENS ▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM                                # WEB ANN + Bounty <
with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers           > Telegram Facebook Twitter Blog #
4325tgdfdfg

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:24:46 AM

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/

srsly.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:26:23 AM

Lost $600?

I lost $15,000 (and $37,500 at the btcusd peak) :/

Donations are welcome if you feel like it.
zakoliverz

Activity: 536

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:28:46 AM

Even if site offer you a free bet you may try to resist the temptation lest you feel the urge to deposit your own money. Please dont give in to temptation.
Wingman4l7

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:12:51 PM

SatoshiDice is gambling.  Pure and simple.  Like playing roulette.  The house is the only one who makes any money.  Learn your lesson and be glad it was only $600.

Also, what this person said:I don't know for a fact, but I would guess that gambling with rent money is one of those big warning indicators that you have a problem.

As an aside, I don't know why people go there.  Some guy on the bitcoin IRC channel was bemoaning how he lost $150 on some "97%" bet.  If I did the math right, he would have only won ~$7.  I can't understand why anyone would risk $150 even at that percentage to make a return of only $7.
wopwop

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:54:20 PM

Loled

I lost 2btc myself on it but atleast I can get myself to resist it and accept my loss and quit.

You need to grow some balls to control yourself dude.
VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:58:57 PM

ok, let me get this straight. You lost your rent money on gambling and now you're begging. Seriously? Like seriously??
wopwop

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 01:02:01 PM

ok, let me get this straight. You lost your rent money on gambling and now you're begging. Seriously? Like seriously??

Lmao

First bitcoin bum xD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: