Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:28:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KalyHost: Web hosting, domains and VPS in bitcoins!  (Read 4717 times)
MagicalTux (OP)
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
November 09, 2010, 02:58:44 PM

As announced in the We accept Bitcoins topic, we accept bitcoins payments on KalyHost.

URL: https://www.kalyhost.com/?Currency=BTC

KalyHost is a service run by a japanese company named Tibanne Co. Ltd. I founded when I came to Japan in June 2009, and which aims to provide simple web hosting without having to wait when doing something (well, when paying in bitcoins you'll have to wait for the funds to be confirmed, but then operations are then instant: ftp account creation, database management, email accounts admin, etc).

Unlike other suspicious services providing "anonymous hosting" paid via bitcoin, we provide regular hosting. This means no spam, no illegal stuff, etc. Bitcoins are just provided as a payment method for convenience.
You can request privacy from us for your domain name if it is a gTLD (com/net/org/info/biz...) and we will never share your informations with anyone else, nor send any spam.

We provide the following services:
  • Web Hosting: Get unlimited* PHP/MySQL (PHP5.3, MySQL 5.1) web hosting on US (TX) servers or Europe (Germany) servers (location based on your billing address)
  • Domain names: Many extensions available! Have a look on https://www.kalyhost.com/domain.html?Currency=BTC
  • Virtual Private Servers: Your own VPS in Europe ready in minutes (once payment is confirmed)

When ordering in bitcoins, you will be provided with an unique bitcoin address to make your payment. The confirmation page will reload every 10 minutes until the payment is received and confirmed. You can close your browser at this point, or keep it open to track the payment status.
The payment can be done in one payment, or multiple transactions, as long as the total matches the order amount. This means you can easily share an order with friends/etc. (if you happen to pay too much, please contact the support for a refund of the extra part).

On top of providing various hosting & VPS services, our competent email support will also assist you in a matter of hours (minutes if you're mailing during Japan work hours - GMT+0900). You can contact us even before ordering if you have a question!

*: Unlimited hosting is subject to restrictions on the use of the unlimited space/bandwidth. Redistributing resources or making an abusive use of said resources will have us contact you and propose solutions matching your use.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sirius
Bitcoiner

Activity: 429
Merit: 974

View Profile
November 09, 2010, 03:06:04 PM

Sounds like a quality service. I hope you'll find Bitcoin useful. Smiley

If you want to make the wait shorter, you could enable the account without confirmations and disable it later in case it's a double spending attempt.

Iris — for better social networks
I'm not a forum admin - please contact theymos instead.
MagicalTux (OP)
VIP

-

View Profile
November 09, 2010, 03:29:08 PM

We are thinking about solutions for this. For now we require 6 confirmations, however I plan to reduce this if this works as expected.

For now we'll see how things go (prefer being careful for now).
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2010, 03:58:08 PM

Since hosting is a long term service shouldn't you be okay to just take one confirm and if it ends up bad, stop providing the service?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
MagicalTux (OP)
VIP

-

View Profile
November 09, 2010, 04:03:52 PM

Hosting is fine, however domain names are non-refundable (and usually hosting comes with a domain name) so such occurences would bring extra cost in the equation.

If things are working well we'll switch to less confirmations and we'll monitor cases of fraud to see if there are really people out there bothering with that.
If not, we might even make the required confirmations count dependent on our fraud detection system (based on various informations obtained on order: proxy, address, ip, previous orders, etc) and provide people who look legit (ie. returning customers) a validation without payment confirmation (payment almost instant in this case if the bitcoin network is not overloaded).
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2010, 04:41:35 PM

Hosting is fine, however domain names are non-refundable (and usually hosting comes with a domain name) so such occurences would bring extra cost in the equation.

If things are working well we'll switch to less confirmations and we'll monitor cases of fraud to see if there are really people out there bothering with that.
If not, we might even make the required confirmations count dependent on our fraud detection system (based on various informations obtained on order: proxy, address, ip, previous orders, etc) and provide people who look legit (ie. returning customers) a validation without payment confirmation (payment almost instant in this case if the bitcoin network is not overloaded).

Very reasonable imo. It looks like a great service. I'll probably be a customer eventually, unfortunately I just got my wife set up with a host a little while ago, or else I would sign up immediately.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
neofutur

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2010, 12:45:53 AM

kalyhost is a trusted friend of mine, we are more or less competitors ( http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1687.0 )  on some services ( hosting and dedicated servers ), but I now always us his services for registering domains.
MagicalTux (OP)
VIP

-

View Profile
November 14, 2010, 01:03:49 PM

For information we are now accepting payments with 3 confirmations. This makes processing of the order faster and should be as safe.
grottenolm

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:40:48 PM

I know you guys are busy over at MtGox, but maybe someone could have a look at Request #1064? Thanks Smiley
grottenolm

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:35:57 PM

I know you guys are busy over at MtGox, but maybe someone could have a look at Request #1064? Thanks Smiley

Please help, this request is still not completely resolved. Thanks!
grottenolm

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 06:28:13 AM

Please help, this request is still not completely resolved. Thanks!

Please help, even after around a month this request is still not completely resolved. Merci!
Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 11:16:06 AM

....next time you better google your hoster before sending money.kaly has always been a crap hoster who never gave any support so stop pushing this thread and look for another hoster!
grottenolm

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:54:26 PM

Since posting here seemed to be getting noticed at KalyHost, I'll try again:

Support Ticket #1098 (follow up to the previous  #1064) is still not resolved, and replies from support (if any) are taking extremely long. Please escalate this issue now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: