Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:44:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I think this would help (and bring back) a lot of bitcointalk users  (Read 1534 times)
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 12:42:33 PM

Accounts using signatures, which are promoting obvious scams such as OneCoin, LEOcoin, Swiscoin & other bs digital currencies of the kind should be immediately banned. Same goes to newbie accounts, which act like their shills. Example:

I strongly believe that this forum should not act like a censor in any way, but this is getting ridiculous. Not to mention that a lot of people are dragged into these schemes and are losing money. People here should help each other in order to create a better ecosystem in digital currencies. Such MLM (or whatever) scams are not helping!

Cheers,
Spartak

isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 02:59:35 PM

I understand your point, but I don't agree, they should not get banned unless they do something that it is against the forum rules.A negative feedback left from a DT member with an explanation that these users are promoting scams through their signature is enough to warn others.
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 03:04:08 PM

I understand your point, but I don't agree, they should not get banned unless they do something that it is against the forum rules.A negative feedback left from a DT member with an explanation that these users are promoting scams through their signature is enough to warn others.

I already painted in red one of the LEOcoin shills, but that doesn't stop him to spam other's people threads with 105 newbie accounts. Check this one for example (my screenshot is from there): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1718048.0.

BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 03:05:55 PM

cryptotraider16 is a Leocoin shill.

He has like a million newbie accounts that are constantly shilling for that MLM scam.

You know that it's him because of his style of writing and the same mistakes he keeps making.

He even claimed that it is supported by the UK government.

Cryptotraider16 also claims to be a multi millionaire......

Roll Eyes
Cryptotraider16

Activity: 420

http://www.leocoinapp.com/

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 03:08:48 PM

You guys are so funny that i am real happy to see your posts! Keep post!
One day all will see how stupid you was! Love your posts! Really! 👍🏼

http://www.leocoin.info - LEOcoin info App!
LEOcoin - traded on 8 exchanges! more coming - Solo POS coin!
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 03:13:18 PM

You guys are so funny that i am real happy to see your posts! Keep post!
One day all will see how stupid you was! Love your posts! Really! 👍🏼

typical paki....
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 2458

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 08:46:25 AM

I did have a look at that leocoin site, and I wouldn't trust it for the following reason.

You can't find out about it without downloading an app. I need to know about a product before I install anything. If it is a genuine service, then they need to provide more information without requiring potential customers to install possible trojans.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 09:04:59 AM

I have always thought that the current policy of the forum is flawed. Even though it's impossible to properly fend of all scams, it is possible to prevent the obvious ones (or at least prevent any further damage as soon as someone gets scammed). Not everyone is smart enough (in this regard) to not get scammed here. Joining and getting scammed early on does not bode well for the early user experience.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
gobbi

Activity: 429

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 10:21:38 AM

All peopole who are saying leocoin is scam please give us some proofs!You can not mix leocoin and onecoin, 2 completely different things. Leocoiin is legit and there are many exchanges where you can buy them easy, also volume is great, price is stable, big community supporting leocoin. IN few months debitcards are coming. Guys where is the problem?I own some leocoins and for now im happy with it, i have thier pos wallet and it works great. I also own some bitcoins as well.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 01:22:56 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2016, 01:50:51 PM by InvoKing

Banning accounts isn't a solution since the spammers will create other one...
Banning the whole topic of a shitcoin/scam could help a little bit but another scam will pop and so on...
The only solution is to educate users about the risks and the first thing to learn is to not trust blindly a stranger in the web, a Nigerian prince or a newbie in a forums... This is the ABC of the net, someone ignoring theses rules should assume what he will lose  Undecided

Edit :
It is a solution in some way, because they'll get tired registering new e-mails and accounts. Question here is if it would require a lot more time for the MODs (or more MODs).
Handling newbie accounts shouldn't be a problem considering the amount of patrollers on the forum.
Hope that the community will find a permanent solution...

Edit 2 :
The only solution is to educate users..
I'm pretty sure this is not a solution nor is it a feasible one. Given a smaller and finite number of users, it probably would be. However, given a unknown amount of random newcomers I would say that it is not.

Could i suggest a way to trust a whole topic by users preferably by full member +
For example :
Topic name : MMM...  Trust : (-) or 1/10 with x votes then a message will appear indicating that it is a high risk investment...
Maybe this will not be possible in this forums but in the new one it could be  

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 01:27:05 PM

It is a solution in some way, because they'll get tired registering new e-mails and accounts. Question here is if it would require a lot more time for the MODs (or more MODs).

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 01:34:02 PM

Handling newbie accounts shouldn't be a problem considering the amount of patrollers on the forum.

The only solution is to educate users..
I'm pretty sure this is not a solution nor is it a feasible one. Given a smaller and finite number of users, it probably would be. However, given a unknown amount of random newcomers I would say that it is not.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ceca

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 01:44:23 PM

Some poepla are really annoying with their comments. Cryptotrader16 is a perosn like that, annoying always the same comments, imagine he is even a friend of Cristiano Ronaldo phahahah Smiley
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 10:43:49 PM

i wish rating was tied to what forums you can post in. read all but not reply. would be good if like trust you could mark useless posts for moderator review or something to stop them progressing with useless posts.

or better yet what about an option for topic starter that is
- minimum rating to reply
- accept replies from negative rating profiles

this way you can filter all the leocoin wankers and one liner jr member signature spam?
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 12:23:16 AM

i wish rating was tied to what forums you can post in. read all but not reply. would be good if like trust you could mark useless posts for moderator review or something to stop them progressing with useless posts.

this way you can filter all the leocoin wankers and one liner jr member signature spam?

It would be then hard for the newbies to post. Not all of them are shill accounts. And the trust system could be abused, but probably if they are painted in red by DT forum members (I'm not sure, but I believe I am one)? 

o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 12:55:54 AM

It would be then hard for the newbies to post. Not all of them are shill accounts. And the trust system could be abused, but probably if they are painted in red by DT forum members (I'm not sure, but I believe I am one)? 

i mean a topic starter is given the option for their topic to function that way. its no different to self moderated topic starters deleting what they want.

damned if you do damned if you dont. the current method gives all power to account farming owners. there is no looming negative to them spamming other than losing 2 mins of their life to make a new alt account. basically the honest have to keep them honest theough more work and the never ending tedious battle of flagging which just doesnt solve the problem. need to work smarter with safeguards or options rather than put more work on moderators.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3086

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 05:00:33 PM

need to work smarter with safeguards or options rather than put more work on moderators.

I think people should have to pass a basic "financial IQ" test before being allowed on this forum.  Make sure people understand how money works, so they can identify a ponzi and other financial schemes.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 05:08:10 PM

need to work smarter with safeguards or options rather than put more work on moderators.

I think people should have to pass a basic "financial IQ" test before being allowed on this forum.  Make sure people understand how money works, so they can identify a ponzi and other financial schemes.

That's not the main point here. People running these schemes often have great 'financial IQ', yet they're annoying and kinda deserve... well... I'll keep this to myself.. Smiley

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3086

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 05:10:44 PM

I think people should have to pass a basic "financial IQ" test before being allowed on this forum.  Make sure people understand how money works, so they can identify a ponzi and other financial schemes.

That's not the main point here. People running these schemes often have great 'financial IQ', yet they're annoying and kinda deserve... well... I'll keep this to myself.. Smiley

Well, I wasn't referring to the people who run the schemes.  They know they are stealing - they have no empathy and are usually sociapaths.  I was referring to the people who fall for the schemes.  Educating people after the fact doesn't work.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 05:16:50 PM

Well, I wasn't referring to the people who run the schemes.  They know they are stealing - they are no empathy and are usually sociapaths.  I was referring to the people who fall for the schemes.  Educating people after the fact doesn't work.

Even people who run such schemes can drop this low to register a newbie account and spread bs. Anyway... soon they'll feel some heat under their asses. Wink

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: