Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:26:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help buying stocks/shares - what are some good online brokers?  (Read 638 times)
protokol (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 03:38:06 PM

I am interested in spending a (relatively) small amount of money on some stocks and shares from a few companies. In the region of $500-$2000 worth.

Can anyone suggest a good broker that deals in smaller amounts of capital like this, without charging too much commission?

The main company I am interested in purchasing shares in is GW Pharma (GWPH), I think they may do quite well in the next few years.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:55:56 PM

Is this a pump and dump?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
protokol (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 02:20:50 PM

Is this a pump and dump?

Uh, do you mean am I trying to pump and dump stock of a company with a market cap of nearly £3bn on a bitcoin forum? No, no I'm not.

I just think they're an interesting company that may do well in the future, considering the widespread acceptance of medical/recreational marijuana across America right now.

So, do you know of any good brokers that allow small investments similar to the values I mentioned?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 10:01:52 PM

So, do you know of any good brokers that allow small investments similar to the values I mentioned?

I don't know about brokers in the U.K., but buying $500-$2000 of stock at an online broker in the U.S. is relatively straightforward and cheap.

Is this a pump and dump?

Uh, do you mean am I trying to pump and dump stock of a company with a market cap of nearly £3bn on a bitcoin forum? No, no I'm not.

You have to admit that someone promoting the stock of a pharmaceutical company on a Bitcoin forum looks a lot like pump-and-dump.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
protokol (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 11:09:58 PM

You have to admit that someone promoting the stock of a pharmaceutical company on a Bitcoin forum looks a lot like pump-and-dump.

Seems like an odd place to try and instigate a pump and dump...

Anyway, to be clear, I am just looking for information on some reputable online brokers. Been in the bitcoin scene for years, but I don't have much of a clue about investing in stocks.

Being currently based in the UK, can I use American or foreign brokers? Or do I have to deal with UK brokers?
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 11:27:17 PM

Being currently based in the UK, can I use American or foreign brokers? Or do I have to deal with UK brokers?

Yes, you'll have to stick to British brokers. I doubt an American broker would accept a payment from overseas, even if it's in US$. Markets are heavily regulated with AML and KYC. You certainly could invest via a Swiss bank, but the minimal investment is way higher that the sum you plan to spend.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Dahhi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

MERCATOX

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 12:45:58 AM

OP can buy stocks with bitcoin, there are online brokers who accept bitcoins and they are not limited to specific countries.

protokol (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 07:32:47 PM

Yes, you'll have to stick to British brokers. I doubt an American broker would accept a payment from overseas, even if it's in US$. Markets are heavily regulated with AML and KYC. You certainly could invest via a Swiss bank, but the minimal investment is way higher that the sum you plan to spend.

Thanks for that info. Yes, Swiss banks are a little out of my league at the moment!
protokol (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 07:34:15 PM

OP can buy stocks with bitcoin, there are online brokers who accept bitcoins and they are not limited to specific countries.

Interesting, do you have any examples? And more to the point, are they reputable and won't run off with my bitcoins?

EDIT: Noticed I am now Legendary! Whoopee! (not that it really means anything  Cheesy)
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 11:38:31 PM

Interesting, do you have any examples? And more to the point, are they reputable and won't run off with my bitcoins?

EDIT: Noticed I am now Legendary! Whoopee! (not that it really means anything  Cheesy)

Yes, I'd like to know those companies, too. A link would be most helpful.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
rajasumi3

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 11:11:59 AM

I would recommend u to buy bitcoins now .as the price of bitcoins hits a little bit low ,then the price of bitcoins would increase up a lot .and u could sell it and earn a lot through that and dont forget to pay the taxes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: