Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:59:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Z-POOL Support Thread(Unofficial)  (Read 1005 times)
Rodderman (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 06:55:47 PM

I am creating this thread since the owner of the pool has decided to close the official thread, I have seen many issues with the pool and have requested support by opening a ticked at his support site just to have it closed with no real support.

I know the community for this pool are more helpfull concerning issues and this is a good place to handle this.

Before posting here you can can read the closed thread to resolve many issues at the link below, a thread like this can only make a pool like this better.

Original Pool Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1260863.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 03:45:10 PM

New thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1751272.0

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:30:43 PM

A moderated thread so you can delete any mention of the 20% skim that you don't even acknowledge exists.
At the very least you'r e willfully blind to the problem, at worst you're intentially scamming users.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 08:04:00 PM

A moderated thread so you can delete any mention of the 20% skim that you don't even acknowledge exists.
At the very least you'r e willfully blind to the problem, at worst you're intentially scamming users.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:39:18 AM

There's no need to take my word for it. Any user can prove it for themselves.

The easiest way is in a pool with infrequent blocks so the block stays in the list until it matures.
Watch the value of a block drop by 20% when its status changes to cleared. If payout is in the same coin
it eliminates using that as an excuse for the drop in value. Note your percentage share and its value,
compare it to the block reward, deduct the pool fee. Do this calculation while the coin is maturing
and again when its status changes to cleared. It will be obvious because the value will have dropped
and will no longer match the percentage share of a block reward.

Many former users have posted their proof in the now locked original thread. It has been proven on multiple algos
and coins. No one ever posted showing a maturing block getting the full value so it probably occurs in every pool
and every coin.

Test for yourselves and make your own decision.

aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 11:19:55 AM

There's no need to take my word for it. Any user can prove it for themselves.

The easiest way is in a pool with infrequent blocks so the block stays in the list until it matures.
Watch the value of a block drop by 20% when its status changes to cleared. If payout is in the same coin
it eliminates using that as an excuse for the drop in value. Note your percentage share and its value,
compare it to the block reward, deduct the pool fee. Do this calculation while the coin is maturing
and again when its status changes to cleared. It will be obvious because the value will have dropped
and will no longer match the percentage share of a block reward.

Many former users have posted their proof in the now locked original thread. It has been proven on multiple algos
and coins. No one ever posted showing a maturing block getting the full value so it probably occurs in every pool
and every coin.

Test for yourselves and make your own decision.
this is all the testing i need.. i have 8.4TH, according to bitcoin calculator i should be mining 0.005375 a day, before fees..
on ZPOOL.. i am mining around 0.00599246 to 0.00669063 AFTER FEE..

good enough for me.
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 02:39:31 AM

this is all the testing i need.. i have 8.4TH, according to bitcoin calculator i should be mining 0.005375 a day, before fees..
on ZPOOL.. i am mining around 0.00599246 to 0.00669063 AFTER FEE..

good enough for me.

Good for you if you believe mining calculators. I use the actual data from the pool.
Do your block values drop when they go from confirmed to cleared?

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 02:50:24 AM

thx

If you're not pocketing the 20% it's in your interest to find the problem and fix it. You'd get more users
back, including me, and restore your credibility.

Your attitude of denial is a bigger problem and suggests something nefarious. You could at least try.

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 03:08:44 AM

thx

If you're not pocketing the 20% it's in your interest to find the problem and fix it. You'd get more users

Your attitude of denial is a bigger problem and suggests something nefarious. You could at least try.
i looked through the payout source and i found nothing in there that suggests 20% is going somewhere.

i did however find that at the time of mining the "block reward" is based off the current exchange btc amount.. and this number is updated later at payout time.. minus the exchange fees..
so if for some reason the exchange value goes down, your payout will too.. even if you chose to be paid out in the coins you are mining..
this pool isnt really meant to be paid out in the coins you are mining, its meant to exchange them to btc or another coin.

im not an expert but maybe you should put a bounty or something for an expert to actually look, then you can see.

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 03:56:25 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2017, 04:15:44 AM by joblo

thx

i looked through the payout source and i found nothing in there that suggests 20% is going somewhere.

i did however find that at the time of mining the "block reward" is based off the current exchange btc amount.. and this number is updated later at payout time.. minus the exchange fees..

This has already been discussed. It even happens if your payout is the same coin you mine.

When you autoexchange you will notice the BTC value fluctuate up and down as the coin matures because the exchage rate is
regularly updated. At the time of maturity the value should be close to the current exchange rate but there is still
a 20% drop when the block clears.

If you're watching closely when the coin clears you can confirm the exchange rate (highest buy price) and do the math
yourself.

BTCvalue = share %/100 * block reward * BTC buy price.

Before the block clears the math will add up within a margin of error, afterwards it won't.

You may even see noticeble drops in the graph if you're not finding too many blocks too quickly. The easiest way to see
this is in a pool with only one coin and a TTF that isn't too short. If you browse back to around august in the original
thread you can see a few users posted proof. [Edit: Specifically when the balance goes up from a mature block the total
will go down at the same time by 20% of the increase. With the graph you don't have to see it in real time.]

Yaamp is the only pool SW that provides the data to do this. It alows one to verify if they are being short-changed but
on the positive side it is also the only pool SW where the users can be confident they are not being cheated. Every other
pool (except nicehash where what you see is what you get) has gaps in the data trail that make it impossible to verify
with any acccuracy and all you're left with are estimates.

I'm not saying don't mine at zpool, I'm just thinking you might want to know what you are getting. Like I said before,
you can prove it for yourself, if you want.

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 04:34:10 AM

thx

This has already been discussed. It even happens if your payout is the same coin you mine.

When you autoexchange you will notice the BTC value fluctuate up and down as the coin matures because the exchage rate is
regularly updated. At the time of maturity the value should be close to the current exchange rate but there is still
a 20% drop when the block clears.

If you're watching closely when the coin clears you can confirm the exchange rate (highest buy price) and do the math
yourself.

BTCvalue = share %/100 * block reward * BTC buy price.

Before the block clears the math will add up within a margin of error, afterwards it won't.

You may even see noticeble drops in the graph if you're not finding too many blocks too quickly. The easiest way to see
this is in a pool with only one coin and a TTF that isn't too short. If you browse back to around august in the original
thread you can see a few users posted proof. [Edit: Specifically when the balance goes up from a mature block the total
will go down at the same time by 20% of the increase. With the graph you don't have to see it in real time.]

Yaamp is the only pool SW that provides the data to do this. It alows one to verify if they are being short-changed but
on the positive side it is also the only pool SW where the users can be confident they are not being cheated. Every other
pool (except nicehash where what you see is what you get) has gaps in the data trail that make it impossible to verify
with any acccuracy and all you're left with are estimates.

I'm not saying don't mine at zpool, I'm just thinking you might want to know what you are getting. Like I said before,
you can prove it for yourself, if you want.

ive been mining here for over a year.. regularly the payouts i get has been above what 100% bitcoin would pay me with no fee.. sometimes its even more, like 150%.
only a couple of times has it been less than 100% bitcoin. these times something happened with the site and my miners failed over.. this can happen with any pool..

now i only mine on the sha256 pool.. the block rewards are listed on the last 50 blocks. altho there is no way to really know what each coins exchange rate was as its not listed..

ianj

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:31:24 PM

Dunno if i got the right idea but just looked at my wallet mBTC column, checked the current exchange rate https://coinmarketcap.com/and multiplied my coin share by the current BTC exchange rate, expecting to get the mBTC

But its shy by 15-20%

Is this the "skim" you have spoken of

Have included a few screenshots below with some Immature and in Exchange examples

I checked a few examples also in hashrefinery and the results were within 1% - enough to be explained by small exchange rate differentials and/or pool fees

Or perhaps i don't understand how it works ?

ianj

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:10:02 PM

What are the typical fees incurred in collecting enough coin, exchanging and transferring back - in bulk - does anyone who runs these sort of pools have any clue to offer ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: