Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:51:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help on Funding Mt.Gox  (Read 364 times)
tkant (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:57:47 AM

Hello,

I recently setup an account with Mt.Gox.  When I went to their funding page I saw that I had to use a service like AurumXchange.  I followed the given instructions and input Bitstamp (USD) TO Mt.Gox (USD) so that I would be able to get a voucher.

I then created an account on Bitstamp.  However, I'm not sure how to fund Bitstamp with my bank now.  This is all becoming confusing with one service (Mt.Gox) relying on another service (AurumXchange) which relies on another service (Bitstamp).  Am I doing it all wrong?  How else will I get a Bitstamp code in order to fulfil my AurumXchange order?
TomUnderSea

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:12:26 AM

I don't understand why you are using Bitstamp...

I am currently setting up a Mt. Gox account with funding via Aurumxchange.

I'll let you know what hiccups I experience. 

At this point, any question of anonymity has totally evaporated.  I don't have a stash of other altcoins to play with so I'm reduced to funding this with real USD. (That fake fiat stuff I get paid with.)  This means Aurumxchange has asked for photo ID(s) and a copy of a local utility bill.  Obviously they are trying to comply with money transfer restrictions placed on them by Uncle Sam.

To make it even more insulting, it looks like I will be paying bank fees to create a wire transfer and handling fees to move it from USD to Mt. Gox via Aurumxchange.

This is workable for a test run with a small amount, followed by a larger amount for actual purchases but it is not acceptable as a rountine path.  I will definitely be looking around to find a way to move USD in to BTC and then later BTC into USD without paying the money changer sharks.

Obviously once I have BTC, I can do multiple passes between wallets to gain any anonymity that I feel I need.  I"m less interested in that and more interested in BTC as an inflationary hedge.

Every little BTC helps.  14P3TfbttSpQ3BxUjwrUrmNU6F4mB9aMS5
k2397

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:19:53 AM

I set up a Mt Gox account, which is still awaiting verification.  Funding it directly looks slow, expensive and a pain from the UK. In the end I bought some BTC on bitbargain.co.uk, and paid by Bank Transfer.  Later I bought some more BTC using localbitcoins.com.  Both of these methods were fairly painless and I have transferred the BTC to my wallets at Mt Gox and BTC-e.  Prices generally a bit lower on localbitcoins, but there are good deals to me had on both if you are patient.
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:51:04 AM

Use Dwolla.  The fee is like 25 cents.  They just do an standard debit from your checking account, which takes about three days.  Then you transfer to MTGox.  MTGox takes another 24-48 hours to apply the transfer because it's a manual process for them.  If they automated this, it would be instant I think.  Yes, you have to get verified on Dwolla, but if you're verified on MTGox the process is similar.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: