Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:18:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CryptoSwitcher - Automatically mine the best coin.  (Read 95302 times)
heartofalion

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 02:27:39 AM

Salfter, mine is up and running on windows but the auto sell function doesnt seem to be working. I have PyCrptsy.py in the appropriate folder and have put my api keys in the config file and set the ones i want to sell to true, although it doesnt seem to be selling? Is there a certain amount of coins you need before it will sell? Or am i missing something.

Thanks!
I was able to get the auto switching working with LittleDigger's guide. But I never got the auto selling features to work on Windows.

Has anyone else gotten that to work on Windows?

I've not had it on altcoins long enough for it to kick in, though it just switched over to Terracoin a bit ago.  We'll see what happens over the next several hours or so.

Just wanted to say that it successfully auto sold for me. I have turned off the feature though because I discovered i prefer to set my own price. The auto sell features does work on windows, but as someone else said if there is an issue with cryptsy the software crashes. I had that happen to.

Salfter if I had coins to spare I'd donate, your software gives me piece of mind while I'm at work. One thing I'd like is to be able to specify different cgminer.confs to use for each coin. I only say this because I added back up pools to the .conf file incase the pool the .bat tried connecting too was unavailable but this forces me to choose one coin. I'd like to be able to create multiple conf files for use with each coin so if a primary pool isnt up it still uses a backup pool that is still for the most profitable coin at the time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCsckr

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:03:26 AM

Salfter, mine is up and running on windows but the auto sell function doesnt seem to be working. I have PyCrptsy.py in the appropriate folder and have put my api keys in the config file and set the ones i want to sell to true, although it doesnt seem to be selling? Is there a certain amount of coins you need before it will sell? Or am i missing something.

Thanks!
I was able to get the auto switching working with LittleDigger's guide. But I never got the auto selling features to work on Windows.

I've not had it on altcoins long enough for it to kick in, though it just switched over to Terracoin a bit ago.  We'll see what happens over the next several hours or so.

Just wanted to say that it successfully auto sold for me. I have turned off the feature though because I discovered i prefer to set my own price. The auto sell features does work on windows, but as someone else said if there is an issue with cryptsy the software crashes. I had that happen to.

Salfter if I had coins to spare I'd donate, your software gives me piece of mind while I'm at work. One thing I'd like is to be able to specify different cgminer.confs to use for each coin. I only say this because I added back up pools to the .conf file incase the pool the .bat tried connecting too was unavailable but this forces me to choose one coin. I'd like to be able to create multiple conf files for use with each coin so if a primary pool isnt up it still uses a backup pool that is still for the most profitable coin at the time.

You can use backup pools with a cgminer config bat like this "C:\cgminer\cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.give-me-ltc.com:3334 -u x -p x -o stratum+tcp://stratum.give-me-ltc.com:3333 -u x -p x -o http://us-pool.give-me-ltc.com:8080 -u x -p x -o http://eu-pool.give-me-ltc.com:8080 -u x -p x -o http://pool.give-me-ltc.com:8080 -u x -p x --failover-only" for each coin
heartofalion

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:12:51 AM

Thanks!

I've not had it on altcoins long enough for it to kick in, though it just switched over to Terracoin a bit ago.  We'll see what happens over the next several hours or so.

You can use backup pools with a cgminer config bat like this "C:\cgminer\cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.give-me-ltc.com:3334 -u x -p x -o stratum+tcp://stratum.give-me-ltc.com:3333 -u x -p x -o http://us-pool.give-me-ltc.com:8080 -u x -p x -o http://eu-pool.give-me-ltc.com:8080 -u x -p x -o http://pool.give-me-ltc.com:8080 -u x -p x --failover-only" for each coin

Thank you so much!
educatedwarrior

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 01:09:25 PM

I have a minimal Python binding up:

https://github.com/salfter/PyCryptsy

I'm now looking into getting CryptoSwitcher to use it.

Here's my first stab at it...waiting to build up enough coins for it to trigger:

https://github.com/salfter/CryptoSwitcher

PyCryptsy seems to have worked well enough for a couple of YAC-to-BTC exchanges earlier.  Integration was fairly simple; I designed it to work similarly with the Vircurex integration that had been done earlier.

This looks great, and I've merged it into CryptoSwitcher. I've also adjusted the TradeMultiplier to a default of 1.01, given the race-to-the-bottom nature of Cryptsy. To sell your altcoins for the highest price you can right now, return this to 1 in the config file.

I'm using the TradeMultiplier of 1.01 and it works great.  Thanks.

Cryptoculture Mining Pools - http://cryptoculture.net      Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/cryptoculture
educatedwarrior

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 01:11:00 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 01:21:24 PM by educatedwarrior

First of all thanks to salfter for all the hard work to code PyCrypsty --  bitcoins coming your way.  

PyCrypsty was working great until an error occurred around line 222 in Cryptoswithcer caused by line 80 in PyCrypsty.   Error   "Unbound Local Error: local variable 'mkt_id' referenced before assignment.

This error causes a fatal error in Cryptoswitcher.   After this fatal error occurs when you try to run Cryptoswitcher again, BTC-E Api returns "invalid noonce parameter".   I think the error caused by PyCrypsty causes the Cryptoswitcher to exit without saving the incremented noonce value to the BTC-E key file.

I think there needs to be error handling in Cryptoswitcher around line 581 and 593 to prevent submodules from causing fatal errors in Cryptoswitcher.

Error Below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:\Users\CryptoSwitcher\cryptoSwitcher.py", line 593, in <module
>
    sellCoinCryptsy(abbreviation)
  File "F:\Users\CryptoSwitcher\cryptoSwitcher.py", line 222, in sellCoi
nCryptsy
    acct.CreateSellOrder(coin, "BTC", bal, acct.GetBuyPrice(coin, "BTC")*tradeMu
ltiplier)
  File "./PyCryptsy/PyCryptsy.py", line 84, in GetBuyPrice
    r=self.Query("marketorders", {"marketid": self.GetMarketID(src, dest)})
  File "./PyCryptsy/PyCryptsy.py", line 80, in GetMarketID
    return mkt_id
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'mkt_id' referenced before assignment

Cryptoculture Mining Pools - http://cryptoculture.net      Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/cryptoculture
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 08:16:40 PM

Salfter if I had coins to spare I'd donate, your software gives me piece of mind while I'm at work. One thing I'd like is to be able to specify different cgminer.confs to use for each coin.

You can do that with the script (or batch file) you use to start the miner for each coin:

Code:
cgminer --config=cgminer.conf.bitcoin ...

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
salfter

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 08:18:13 PM

First of all thanks to salfter for all the hard work to code PyCrypsty --  bitcoins coming your way.  

PyCrypsty was working great until an error occurred around line 222 in Cryptoswithcer caused by line 80 in PyCrypsty.   Error   "Unbound Local Error: local variable 'mkt_id' referenced before assignment.

This error causes a fatal error in Cryptoswitcher.   After this fatal error occurs when you try to run Cryptoswitcher again, BTC-E Api returns "invalid noonce parameter".   I think the error caused by PyCrypsty causes the Cryptoswitcher to exit without saving the incremented noonce value to the BTC-E key file.

I think there needs to be error handling in Cryptoswitcher around line 581 and 593 to prevent submodules from causing fatal errors in Cryptoswitcher.

Error Below:

File "F:\Users\CryptoSwitcher\cryptoSwitcher.py", line 593, in <module
>
  File "F:\Users\CryptoSwitcher\cryptoSwitcher.py", line 222, in sellCoi
nCryptsy
    acct.CreateSellOrder(coin, "BTC", bal, acct.GetBuyPrice(coin, "BTC")*tradeMu
ltiplier)
  File "./PyCryptsy/PyCryptsy.py", line 84, in GetBuyPrice
    r=self.Query("marketorders", {"marketid": self.GetMarketID(src, dest)})
  File "./PyCryptsy/PyCryptsy.py", line 80, in GetMarketID
    return mkt_id
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'mkt_id' referenced before assignment

Yeah, there's probably not as much exception handling as there should be.  I'm looking into it.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
salfter

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 08:45:17 PM

mkt_id comes back null (or "None," as Python calls it) if a currency trading pair can't be found on Cryptsy (whether due to a communication error or because that pair isn't traded).  PyCryptsy now catches this condition in its helper methods and should respond in a less-crashy manner.

salfter

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 09:02:45 PM

Quick note on updating: to make sure PyCryptsy gets updated, you might need to do this:

Code:
cd CryptoSwitcher && git pull && git submodule update

moroz

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:47:54 AM

I found that the best way to switch pools is through cgminer API. If you have your GPUs highly overclocked, they don't really want to start every cgminer restart. With API there is no need to restart cgminer instance, unless you are switching between scrypt and sha256.
An example of adding a pool:
echo -n "addpool|stratum+tcp://stratum.give-me-ftc.com:3333,mylogin,mypass" | nc 127.0.0.1 4028
area (OP)

Activity: 177

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:28:50 AM

I found that the best way to switch pools is through cgminer API. If you have your GPUs highly overclocked, they don't really want to start every cgminer restart. With API there is no need to restart cgminer instance, unless you are switching between scrypt and sha256.
An example of adding a pool:
echo -n "addpool|stratum+tcp://stratum.give-me-ftc.com:3333,mylogin,mypass" | nc 127.0.0.1 4028

This man is on the money; and I've been toying with the best way to implement this. This is most of a script you should use for this sort of approach, but requires pools being doubled between the .conf file and this bash script depending on whether the script is starting CGminer or just switching the pools. I'd like to avoid this if possible.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#Replace this script with one of your own.
METH=$(echo -n "coin" | nc 127.0.0.1 4028 | sed 's/.*Hash Method=\([a-z0-9]*\),.*/\1/')
echo $METH
#Kill vanityminer - inelegant, but works
killall oclvanityminer
if [ $METH == 'scrypt' ]
then
#Send the quit command to any cgminer instances running
echo "{\"command\":\"quit\"}" | nc 127.0.0.1 4028
#Start Bitcoin mining with API access enabled for the above command in the future
export DISPLAY=:0
#Set clocks
aticonfig --od-setclocks=930,300 --adapter=1
aticonfig --od-setclocks=850,300 --adapter=0
screen -dm ./../cgminer/cgminer -c ~/.cgminer/bitcoin.conf  --auto-fan --api-network --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1
else
#We can just modify the pools
#Remove old pools until one left (the active one)
NPOOLS=$(echo -n "config" | nc 127.0.0.1 4028| sed 's/.*Pool Count=\([0-9]*\),.*/\1/')
echo $NPOOLS
for i in $(seq $NPOOLS -1 0)
do
echo -n "removepool|$i" | nc 127.0.0.1 4028| sed 's/.*Pool Count=\([0-9]*\),.*/\1/'
done
#Add new pools
#Switch to first new pool
echo -n "switchpool|1" | nc 127.0.0.1 4028
#
#Remove last old pool
echo -n "removepool|0" | nc 127.0.0.1 4028

fi

Sorry I've not been keeping tabs on Cryptoswitcher so much the last week or two - I've had other commitments, which are sadly more pressing, overtake me.
heartofalion

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:49:24 PM

Is there a way to implement that in windows? Sorry I'm not good with creating batch files.

Also coinChoose has gotten rid of alot of coins? Can we use a different source for the data?
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:11:48 PM

Yeah, Coinchoose just dropped over half the coins they were offering since this morning... need to pick a different provider because a lot of the coins that have even been on top the past few days, like Phenixcoin, Argentum, and others were deleted from coinchoose.
area (OP)

Activity: 177

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:26:17 PM

Yeah, Coinchoose just dropped over half the coins they were offering since this morning... need to pick a different provider because a lot of the coins that have even been on top the past few days, like Phenixcoin, Argentum, and others were deleted from coinchoose.

They'll come back. They get removed if the exchanges go down.

Is there a way to implement that in windows? Sorry I'm not good with creating batch files.

Also coinChoose has gotten rid of alot of coins? Can we use a different source for the data?

I am not a Windows man, I'm afraid.
BTCsckr

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 03:54:35 AM

After Cryptsy DDoS i´m getting this error

File "C:\Mineria\CryptoSwitcher\cryptoSwitcher.py", line 600, in <module>
  File "C:\Mineria\CryptoSwitcher\cryptoSwitcher.py", line 226, in sellCoinCryptsy
    bal = acct.GetAvailableBalance(coin)
  File "./PyCryptsy/PyCryptsy.py", line 106, in GetAvailableBalance
    r=self.Query("getinfo", {})
  File "./PyCryptsy/PyCryptsy.py", line 71, in Query
    raise Exception("unable to decode response")
Exception: unable to decode response

anybody else with the same problem?
salfter

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 04:24:55 AM

File "C:\Mineria\CryptoSwitcher\cryptoSwitcher.py", line 226, in sellCoinCryptsy

When I first logged into Cryptsy after the DDoS, I was redirected to a page with a captcha. I'm guessing the same thing is happening with API access.

educatedwarrior

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:15:38 PM

When I first logged into Cryptsy after the DDoS, I was redirected to a page with a captcha. I'm guessing the same thing is happening with API access.

Yes, same problem  here

sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 01:02:41 PM

They'll come back. They get removed if the exchanges go down.

I am not a Windows man, I'm afraid.

Yes, it was the DDoS on the exchanges that removed the currencies as I couldn't get pricing.  All are back.
salfter

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 04:39:15 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2013, 04:50:04 PM by salfter

Yes, same problem  here

...and it's still there.  Trying to pull up Cryptsy with either Lynx or Links just comes back with an error from Incapsula.  "Protecting" an API URL with a captcha that can't be answered by services that use the API is a Bad Idea.  The mining rig running CryptoSwitcher is headless; getting a graphical browser running so I can answer the stupid captcha will entail installing NX, a window manager, and Firefox; that's going to take some time, and even after all that there's still no guarantee that CryptoSwitcher will work again.  Angry

I've put a request in with Cryptsy support:

Can Incapsula be set to not block API calls?  With the example code at https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/api, an exception is thrown:

Code:
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Invalid data received, please make sure connection is working and requested API exists' in /home/salfter/cryptsy-test.php:42
Stack trace:
#0 /home/salfter/cryptsy-test.php(46): api_query('getinfo')
#1 {main}
  thrown in /home/salfter/cryptsy-test.php on line 42

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Invalid data received, please make sure connection is working and requested API exists' in /home/salfter/cryptsy-test.php:42
Stack trace:
#0 /home/salfter/cryptsy-test.php(46): api_query('getinfo')
#1 {main}
  thrown in /home/salfter/cryptsy-test.php on line 42

This is what's being returned by Cryptsy on the API call:

Code:
<html><head><META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW"></head><iframe src="/_Incapsula_Resource?CWUDNSAI=23_93E7E369&incident_id=133000030648118832-1915414908464594998&edet=12&cinfo=44e01eb7c753810585000000" frameborder=0 width="100%" height="100%" marginheight="0px" marginwidth="0px">Request unsuccessful. Incapsula incident ID: 133000030648118832-1915414908464594998</iframe></html>

It's also broken CryptoSwitcher as a consequence, if Cryptsy is enabled.

For the time being, if you disable auto-trading with Cryptsy, CryptoSwitcher will continue to work.

salfter

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 08:02:06 PM

I've put a request in with Cryptsy support...for the time being, if you disable auto-trading with Cryptsy, CryptoSwitcher will continue to work.

BigVern asked me for my IP address so it could be whitelisted.  For those of you who are auto-trading through Cryptsy, I'd recommend sending a request to support@cryptsy.com that your public IP address be whitelisted.  Once that was done, CryptoSwitcher was back to business as usual.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: