Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:08:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mjester93's Sports Betting Analysis - Wednesday April 10, 2013  (Read 637 times)
mjester93 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:40:47 AM

I got a few requests to do like a line service on the forums here, and I agreed. However, that was too much work, and I didn't feel like doing it. So, what I can do instead is post a daily thread here with analysis for different sports. I will not be discussing every game--because not every game has value--but I will be discussing line moves, what I like, etc. (No, I will not tell you what I love). This thread will be updated throughout the day.

MLB
  • General Tips:
    • The two best bitcoin sports books for baseball are bitcoinsports.eu or bitbook.biz. Overnight and 10-cent lines are a must
    • As The Miracles would say, shop around. Always go for the best number. In the long run, if you get a team at -150 and elsewhere it's -155, you have value
  • Since the start of the season, many public bettors have been staying away from the Houston Astros, and as a result, sports books are over adjusting on that. Here's where we go ahead and scalp. Take the series match up yesterday, Seattle opened at -139. Later on, Houston was +145. That's a free, $6 per $100 wagered.
  • LA Angels/Oakland A's - I digg LA here. Yeah, they're off to a slow start only going 2-5, the A's (6-2) have 3 wins from Houston. And let's face it. Every team would win the opening series against them. Angels are currently -127 over at bitcoinsports.eu, and I believe they should be around -130 or -135ish.
  • NY Yankees/Cleveland Indians - Under. Despite the Yank's covering the over 6 of their 8 games, this one is going under. There's no way Cleveland is going to allow them to get another 10+-run game. I don't see a btc book with the game yet, however, offshore has it at 9 -114. We all know 9 is a key number, so it's better to get it now than see it drop to 8.5. I would wait just a bit, though, and see how the line works. People might be a little confident with the high-scoring games lately, so odds could creep in our favor.
NBA
  • Nothing really, atm. It's 3:30 AM, not much action going on. Some early action tho on the over in NO/SAC. Opened 201.5 now up to 203
NHL
  • Nothing really, atm. It's 3:30 AM, not much action going on.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitbook.biz

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:45:11 PM

Great tips and thanks for the positive shout out!

We are thinking of adding more baseball betting options at BitBook, including bets on:

• Alt run lines
  • Halfs (first 5 innings)
  • Team to score first
  • Yes/No run in the 1st inning

What do you think? Any other options you'd like to see?

mjester93 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:06:09 PM

Great tips and thanks for the positive shout out!

We are thinking of adding more baseball betting options at BitBook, including bets on:

• Alt run lines
  • Halfs (first 5 innings)
  • Team to score first
  • Yes/No run in the 1st inning

What do you think? Any other options you'd like to see?

All four of those are cool. Maybe something like which team has more hits?

UPDATE: Apparently shit hit the fan with the crash or whatever, and I can barely post on here. So I'll just post what I like:

MLB: NYM, CHC, BAL, MIN
NBA: ORL, MIA, DAL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: