Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:47:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with installing drivers for multi-GPU rig  (Read 697 times)
shadowhlohavec (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

NoizChain

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 01:12:11 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2016, 01:34:37 PM by shadowhlohavec

Hello, We have been mining with HD7990 which is dual gpu, so the system recognize it as 2 different gpus, now we managed to get 7950 and 280x and we want to run them together with the 7990. But the problem is - there are already installed drivers for 7990 - Crimson 16.1.1 , we want to get crimson 15.12 for the other cards, after installation of the 15.12 and restart of the system the cards were not recognized in the system, is it necessary to uninstall the 16.1.1 and instal only one version of drivers for all cards? (Win 7, cards are running, 15.12 wasn't working before on 7990-after installation the card wasn't recognized) Thanks

NOIZ

⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ICO LIVE SOON ● ⇒

○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITE WHITEPAPER  TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK ○ ○ ○

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dbct

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 02:58:11 PM

Hello, We have been mining with HD7990 which is dual gpu, so the system recognize it as 2 different gpus, now we managed to get 7950 and 280x and we want to run them together with the 7990. But the problem is - there are already installed drivers for 7990 - Crimson 16.1.1 , we want to get crimson 15.12 for the other cards, after installation of the 15.12 and restart of the system the cards were not recognized in the system, is it necessary to uninstall the 16.1.1 and instal only one version of drivers for all cards? (Win 7, cards are running, 15.12 wasn't working before on 7990-after installation the card wasn't recognized) Thanks

hello shadowhlohavec

i think your problem is not the the cards them selfs but the drivers my friend and the limitations of windows
if i could make a suggestion maybe look into a linux option for your rigg

we have one ready to go take a look at our 1.9 version that could offer the solution you need https://getpimp.org/shop/pimp-classic-v1-9-with-fglrx-drivers/

those are different drivers then the windows one my friend

dbct

dbct
Community/Testing/Support Manager
Portable Instant Mining Platform (getPiMP.org)
shadowhlohavec (OP)

NoizChain

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 03:17:11 PM

hello shadowhlohavec

i think your problem is not the the cards them selfs but the drivers my friend and the limitations of windows
if i could make a suggestion maybe look into a linux option for your rigg

we have one ready to go take a look at our 1.9 version that could offer the solution you need https://getpimp.org/shop/pimp-classic-v1-9-with-fglrx-drivers/

those are different drivers then the windows one my friend

dbct

Oh, thanks, we uninstalled the old drivers and tried to install 15.12 unfortunatelly it's only working on 7990 and 7950,  the 280x might be broken we bought it on ebay saying: no display output... we will do some tests, thanks for offer but windows is good OS for us, linux is too complicated and same performance

NOIZ

dbct

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 03:27:29 PM

hey

ok your welcome we have uncomplicated our version just for that reason
i hope the r9 280x will work out for you though
if there is anything we can help you with give us a shout at our irc #pimp on freenode

happy to help
dbct

dbct
Community/Testing/Support Manager
Portable Instant Mining Platform (getPiMP.org)
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 08:57:36 PM

Maybe it's silly and you are doing it right but..
You plugged the video cable to the GPU that u want windows to install drivers?
shadowhlohavec (OP)

NoizChain

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 09:33:07 AM

Which video cable do you mean? We don't have monitor we do it via Teamviewer, We have installed drivers for 7950 somehow through device manager and it's working... we also managed to install drivers for old hd270 but after start of the miner blue screen shows up the card was bought as untested so no surprise.... the 280x is not showing in device manager but fans are spinning... was bought with: no display output problem so also no surprise  Grin we will have to do more tests before finally assuming these 2 cards are not working...

NOIZ

Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 07:46:24 AM

Which video cable do you mean? We don't have monitor we do it via Teamviewer, We have installed drivers for 7950 somehow through device manager and it's working... we also managed to install drivers for old hd270 but after start of the miner blue screen shows up the card was bought as untested so no surprise.... the 280x is not showing in device manager but fans are spinning... was bought with: no display output problem so also no surprise  Grin we will have to do more tests before finally assuming these 2 cards are not working...

I wrote video cable, but that can also mean dummy video plug, u can do whatever u like Grin
Usually winzoz need at least a boot with a GPU as the main one (the one that is providing the video output) to install all drivers correctly.
That could be the reason, since it's very simple to test it you could try
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: