Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:11:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: London Hedge Funds moving into Bitcoin  (Read 5050 times)
Mageant (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 09:19:47 AM

Check out this Bitcoin is being offered as an investement on Exante.eu for London hedge funds (this is the Malta hedge fund people have been talking about):
https://exante.eu/press/news/266/

Minimum account size: 100,000 Euros.

Max Keiser claims there is $1 billion lined up for this:
https://twitter.com/maxkeiser/status/321897445422399488

Looks like the big players will be coming soon!

This "bubble" still has a long ways to go!

cjgames.com
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:21:43 AM

Yeah, well, we will see about that. My mind isn't made up yet about Max Keiser, but he's a TV personality and that's almost always a bad thing. The last thing we need (and is perhaps inevitable at this point) is the rise of Bitcoin demagogues.

more or less retired.
San1ty

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:26:27 AM

BTCBTCBTC!

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:27:13 AM

BUY BUY BUY
Frost

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:28:29 AM

Check out this Bitcoin is being offered as an investement on Exante.eu for London hedge funds (this is the Malta hedge fund people have been talking about):

Can you explain for a noob like me what this would mean? $1 bilion will go into bitcoin market? Or 100.000 €? How would it change the exchange rate?

damnek

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:31:09 AM

I always suspected Max Keiser to be a bitcoin pumper. Now I'm sure of it.
Mageant (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 09:47:49 AM

Can you explain for a noob like me what this would mean? $1 bilion will go into bitcoin market? Or 100.000 €? How would it change the exchange rate?

$1 billion is to be spent buying bitcoins.

At the current market price that would be about 4 million BTC.
I doubt that many people will actually be selling.
So if that happens the price will go *way* up.

If we assume they can buy 5% of existing bitcoins (very optimistic IMHO) with that $1 billion then the price has to go up 10x at least.
That would result in a price of $2500 per bitcoin.

cjgames.com
Frost

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:08:46 AM

If we assume they can buy 5% of existing bitcoins (very optimistic IMHO) with that $1 billion then the price has to go up 10x at least.

Thanks for the explanation.
Awesome and extreme  Grin
I hope this comes true.
zoolander

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:14:21 AM

Hold on a minute. Isn't Max Keiser against the existing banking system and their institutions? Yet he is brokering deals for hedge funds??? Am I missing something here?

Mageant (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 10:27:40 AM

Hold on a minute. Isn't Max Keiser against the existing banking system and their institutions? Yet he is brokering deals for hedge funds??? Am I missing something here?

He is using the system against itself.

Also I'm sure some banks and institutions can be reformed. Not everything has to disappear. Existing physical infrastructure and organizations can be used for the new Bitcoin ecnomy.

cjgames.com
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:37:53 AM

Yeah, well, we will see about that. My mind isn't made up yet about Max Keiser, but he's a TV personality and that's almost always a bad thing. The last thing we need (and is perhaps inevitable at this point) is the rise of Bitcoin demagogues.

re: Bitcoin demagogues.  Yep, can be bad.

re: Max Keiser.  It's hard to make one's mind up about how 'sensational' versus 'principled' Max is.  If you look at some of his one-on-one interviews you can truly see that Max is very well grounded in, what he considers to be, fundamentals of fairness, equity, impartiality.

So....  I believe Max Keiser is more so a force for good.  Could he be responsible for inflating Bitcoin expectations?  Sure.  Though, I still think Max serves an important role.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
zoolander

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:37:59 AM

He is using the system against itself.

Also I'm sure some banks and institutions can be reformed. Not everything has to disappear. Existing physical infrastructure and organizations can be used for the new Bitcoin ecnomy.

I think it is healthier to keep the banks and institutions out of the picture for as long as possible, whatever the short term gains to maximise the redistribution of wealth. The cheaper it is for them to come in, the more chance there is of Bitcoin just becoming part of the existing system.
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:38:56 AM

They are based in Malta btw, not London

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
Nemesis

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:41:37 AM

ugh.... hedge funds managers are not that stupid. And if you believe crap from Max Keiser, you're an idiot
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:43:18 AM

100% agreed.

If history is any map, we're poised for a transformation of these ancient structures much as Northern Italy was just before the Renaissance. Changes in the economic balance were much of the force behind the Renaissance.

I truly think we're going to see another, even bigger Renaissance in the next generation because of Bitcoin. It may have already started.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:46:53 AM

I always suspected Max Keiser to be a bitcoin pumper. Now I'm sure of it.

This

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Frost

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:50:27 AM

In the german forums here, someone did have a good question.

Why did Max Keiser announce the plans? Announcing this makes the exchange rate grow... and they would need to spend more per BTC

Maybe he just want to push the exchange rate with that kind of news so that he can sell at very high profit soon?

Can somebody explain if there is a logic? because this sounds scarry. Maybe we are really a playball here and nothing else?
kiko

Activity: 453

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:52:10 AM

I don't understand what exactly Exante need Max for, other than advertising. Is that the deal? I'll go on tv and tell people about your hedge fund for a 2% fee.  How does RT not ban this crap.
dg2010

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:57:22 AM

This is absolute BULLSHIT post. And is typical fake bullshit news.

Pruden

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

Spanish Bitcoin trader

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:59:29 AM

Given that Exante has made it public and already has the BTC, I don't care why Keiser is broadcasting it.

BTW, the fund says it has 81000 BTC with a +1000% return in the last three months, so they must have bought before the rise went strong.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: