Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:05:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a bitcoin kickstarter and colored coin idea  (Read 751 times)
notig (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:34:13 AM

the idea is this: what if there is a crowdfunding site like kickstarter for bitcoins.. where people pledge some small amount to projects. When they pledge an amount they are given (if the project begins) colored coins in exchange for their donation. Later on if the project is succesful the creators of the project can use some of the profit to buy back the colored coins at whatever amount. Just like the funding is voluntary the buying back can be done voluntarily. But the idea is the more that "funders" are refunded... the more they can fund new things and it would lead to a chain reaction of funding if they picked successful projects.
Zeke_Vermillion

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:05:33 AM

I like this idea. I think it could work if (1) the kickstarter site curates, and also handles AML issues; (2) the colored coin issuer publicly states the terms on which colored coins will be used or redeemed, e.g., that they will form the sole game currency for a new game.
frisco2

Activity: 312
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 11:20:13 PM

So I already have a site that can host this feature, it is called http://booster.io

If you want these colored coins, start a jar on booster for them, I'll implement them and add them to booster interface.

Crosspass -- a simple way to send passwords, encryption keys, bitcoin addresses, etc.
Zeke_Vermillion

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:46:16 PM

Cool! I will give it a try. May take me a week or two to get a site up...
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:51:32 PM

contact me when ready.  I have several kickstarter-able business models that need to be funded.
frisco2

Activity: 312
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:33:44 AM

contact me when ready.  I have several kickstarter-able business models that need to be funded.

I currently have it on booster that you just write out the perks in the description. Otherwise you can post your projects there already.

Crosspass -- a simple way to send passwords, encryption keys, bitcoin addresses, etc.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:38:18 AM

http://bitcoinstarter.com already exists.

This is an interesting take on the idea though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: