Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:16:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PHP script to pull public keys from new MPK bip32 Bitcoin bounty  (Read 408 times)
Green2bit (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 12:59:32 AM

I saw a few old posts that had sort of what I was looking for but here is the full explanation.

I need php function or preferably library written for the codeigniter frame work that will pull the public keys from an electrum master public key. There is already an open source library written here
github{dot}com/Bit-Wasp/bitcoin-lib-php/blob/master/src/Electrum.php
It was made for composer.

public static function public_key_from_mpk() is the only function I need from there but I need it and all the dependencies to be put in to one code igniter library so I can just put it in my current project and start using that function.

This is a short task that I need done as quickly as possible.

I start a job for it on upwork but have had no bites yet, figured I would try here. If some one on here can do I will cancel the upwork job and pay in bitcoin on here when the fully function script is delivered.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:12:49 PM

If you need something smaller then look at my plugin bitcoin address or the bitcoin way plugin for woocommerce.

In the case of my plugin the files in /includes/libs are all you need.  This code is borrowed from the bitcoin way plugin. The function mpk_to_bc_address() in electrumhelper.php does what you want.

I don't know how codeigniter libraries work or I would offer to convert this for you. But you can use the above php code directly can't you?
Green2bit (OP)

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 11:14:35 PM

Thank you so much, with a little editing a got it working great! I sent you some bitcoins for helping me out.
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 08:25:40 AM

Thank you so much, with a little editing a got it working great! I sent you some bitcoins for helping me out.

Wow thanks!
alivespirit

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:30:21 PM

Hello Abdussamad,

Are you able to develop this so that it can generate LTC addresses from an Electrum-LTC MPK?

I am willing to pay for your services/coding.

Let me know, thanks!

If you need something smaller then look at my plugin bitcoin address or the bitcoin way plugin for woocommerce.

In the case of my plugin the files in /includes/libs are all you need.  This code is borrowed from the bitcoin way plugin. The function mpk_to_bc_address() in electrumhelper.php does what you want.

I don't know how codeigniter libraries work or I would offer to convert this for you. But you can use the above php code directly can't you?
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:50:36 AM

I didn't create this script in the first place. It was  created by the author of the bitcoin payments plugin for woocommerce. However modifying it for litecoin was simple enough so I've done that: https://github.com/AbdussamadA/litecoin-address . There is no charge.
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:04:59 AM

I'd also like to point out that if you have shell access to your hosting server you can simply install electrum ltc and use that to get addresses. See this post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2721832.msg27959367#msg27959367 . IMO its better to rely on electrum to generate the addresses instead of scripts from strangers on the net Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: