Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:37:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling my AVALON ASIC batch #2 preorder on ebay, if anyone is interested  (Read 3529 times)
omnibrain (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:59:15 AM

Hi,

I'm selling my AVALON ASIC preorder of batch #2. The auction ends on Sunday. According to AVALON it should ship on Monday. Before calling me a scammer, please watch my proof video that I actually purchased the device. If you need any other proof to convince you that I'm not a scammer, please let me know. Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZh_DNXJFFc

And here's the ebay auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVALON-ASIC-Bitcoin-BTC-Miner-Preorder-batch-2-60-GHash-s-/261198209710?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd0a062ae

I will only accept PayPal (or cash, if you chose to pick the device up here in Switzerland), so that the buyer can reverse the payment if he feels like I'm a scammer. I will also give all my personal information to the highest bidder (copy of passport, address, phone number, etc). I love bitcoin, and I hate scammers as much as you do.

In case you are asking yourself why the heck I'm selling this thing:
  • I'm a formerly poor (not "living on the street"-poor, more like "not having any money left at the end of the month"-poor) student that has made a lot of money with bitcoins. So much that about 97% of my wealth is now in bitcoins. I'm starting to get nervous, and I need to diversify my assets.
  • Honestly I have no idea where I would leave the miner running. I have a tiny apartment, and this thing is probably loud as hell. My friends' and familiy's appartments are either also too small, or their internet connection is not reliable enough.

Before you ask me any questions please check the FAQs in the ebay item description. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

I know some of you are going to say "this seems fishy" or "don't do it, these ebay auctions are always scams" or similar. If you do, please explain why you think so, and I will try to proof that you are wrong.

One more thing: I realize I only have very few posts on bitcointalk, I also don't have an otc account. The only internet account that may give me some credibility is my reddit account: http://www.reddit.com/user/omnibrain/ . I also have a localbitcoins account, but unfortunately only one review.

Thanks for reading!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:17:52 AM

Ah - good old order #2717 again :-)

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
omnibrain (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:22:25 AM

What do you mean?
Malawi

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:40:59 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2013, 11:59:25 AM by Malawi

What do you mean?

I have seen that invoice before, with the same markings over the adresses and one where there are another layer of black marking.

The pictures also look pretty familiar - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140099.0

Edit: As it does state that it's on it's way, I guess you cannot have your own pictures, and have used some from the net.
IOW - That the HW pictures are not your own, is not really an issue.

KJaneway

Activity: 157

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:49:58 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2013, 12:08:51 PM by KJaneway

So if I understand you right, I can bid on the auction, win it,  then wait until the device has arrived at you in Zürich. Then travel to you to Zürich, bring along my bitcoinwallet, convince me that this thing exists and works, then transmitt you the appropriate amount of BTCs, wait for confirmation and take the ASIC home with me? Is that right?

What is if Avalon chooses to deliver  instead of 15.April maybe in August: Can i retreat from my bid in that case? And how long is it binding?

KJ

If you like my advise, i would be thankful getting a small donation at:
1Hvpgt5U6EgrWX1WpA25W6mRoH1Ltr8ydm
omnibrain (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:10:42 PM

What do you mean?

I have seen that invoice before, with the same markings over the adresses and one where there are another layer of black marking.

The pictures also look pretty familiar - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140099.0
Yeah, somebody copied my order confirmation, and created a listing on ebay. I have proof that my order is the original: https://i.imgur.com/NkXLAc5.png . Especially the blue edge in the email field proofs that my order confirmation is the original.

So if I understand you right, I can bid on the auction, win it,  then wait until the device has arrived at you in Zürich. Then travel to you to Zürich, bring along my bitcoinwallet, convince me that this thing exists and works, then transmitt you the appropriate amount of BTCs, wait for confirmation and take the ASIC home with me? Is that right?

What is if Avalon chooses to deliver 4 instead of 15.April maybe in August: Can i retreat from my bid in that case? And how long is it binding?

KJ
I will cancel the deal if the device hasn't arrived within 30 days after Monday. If you decide to pick the device up and pay cash, you didn't lose anything. If you paid with paypal, you can charge back (or I will send the money back, whatever is less of a hassle). Ebay requires that if you sell a preorder, the item has to be sent within 30 days. So if you don't believe me that I'll let you charge back, or give you back the money, ebay will be totally on your side.
KJaneway

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:25:04 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2013, 12:35:44 PM by KJaneway

I live near the Border to Switzerland in Germany, so I would definitly pick it up personally. But you would only accept Cash? No Bitcoins? That could be a problem as all my funds are in Bitcoins, it would take a while to transfer all that money to my bank account, so I think, if you don't accept Bitcoinpayment (at whatever conditions you like), The ASIC will only remain a dream for me.

OKay you posted in your ebay auction: I would prefer to receive the payment via bank transfer or bitcoin. To encourage you to do so I will give you a 2% discount.

So you would take also bitcoins?

omnibrain (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:35:18 PM

I live near the Border to Switzerland in Germany, so I would definitly pick it up personally. But you would only accept Cash? No Bitcoins? That could be a problem as all my funds are in Bitcoins, it would take a while to transfer all that money to my bank account, so I think, if you don't accept Bitcoinpayment (at whatever conditions you like), The ASIC will only remain a dream for me.

You can pay with bitcoin, no problem. Only condition is that you wait and maybe have a coffee with me until there are at least 3 confirmations Smiley
KJaneway

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:37:18 PM

Last thing to ask: What is if Bitcoin crashes during the next few weeks? Then I won't have the Coins to pay 30.000 USD worth.

omnibrain (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:48:43 PM

Last thing to ask: What is if Bitcoin crashes during the next few weeks? Then I won't have the Coins to pay 30.000 USD worth.

Then I will contact the second highest bidder. If you can't proof me that you have enough coins the moment the auction ends, I will also contact the second highest bidder. The reason for this is that if you speculate that the bitcoin price will rise, and only then have enough money to purchase the device, it's a definite loss for me:

1. Price goes up: I'm giving the device away for too little money -> Buyer wins, seller loses
2. Price goes down: I'm selling the device for more than it may be worth -> Seller wins, buyer loses

So as I said, if the price goes down, and you can't pay me, it's a definite loss for me.
omnibrain (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:51:31 PM

In case some of you are still suspect that I am a scammer, I created another screenshot from the AVALON ASIC store:

https://i.imgur.com/gcmsAWj.png
Malawi

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:04:15 PM

What do you mean?

Yeah, somebody copied my order confirmation, and created a listing on ebay. I have proof that my order is the original: https://i.imgur.com/NkXLAc5.png . Especially the blue edge in the email field proofs that my order confirmation is the original.

So if I understand you right, I can bid on the auction, win it,  then wait until the device has arrived at you in Zürich. Then travel to you to Zürich, bring along my bitcoinwallet, convince me that this thing exists and works, then transmitt you the appropriate amount of BTCs, wait for confirmation and take the ASIC home with me? Is that right?

What is if Avalon chooses to deliver 4 instead of 15.April maybe in August: Can i retreat from my bid in that case? And how long is it binding?

KJ
I will cancel the deal if the device hasn't arrived within 30 days after Monday. If you decide to pick the device up and pay cash, you didn't lose anything. If you paid with paypal, you can charge back (or I will send the money back, whatever is less of a hassle). Ebay requires that if you sell a preorder, the item has to be sent within 30 days. So if you don't believe me that I'll let you charge back, or give you back the money, ebay will be totally on your side.

Thanks, that cleared up a lot, and with payment upon local collection, it seems legit.

lakeluke

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:06:45 AM

wow...it got sold for $42k...good luck to the new owners.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:49:48 AM

42k ? thats crazy ..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: