Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:52:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin implants?  (Read 11395 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4453

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 06:55:10 AM

Hell there is that drug they use in south america when they blow it in your face and you lose free will, they usually take you to an atm and say go withdrawal all your money and hand it to us and it usually works or even you help them move the shit out of your home into their vans.

doesnt quite work like that but im guessing you have been watching a tv show that mentions it, possibly about conmen, gypsies and psychics

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:21:31 AM

Why do you need to put a stupid chip into your arm to do that, if you can simply insert it into a piece of jewelry or better yet, just use tap-and-go credit cards. The people doing this, just wants to be controversial and are desperate for attention. It reminds me about the story of the NASA spending millions on developing a pen that would write in zero-gravity. The Russians spent nothing on this, and simply used a pencil.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Do not try to re-invent the wheel, we use 100's of other methods and it is just as convenient and safe as a chip in the arm. < overkill >

You know that pen thing is a myth right? Neither would use pencil due to graphite getting in the air, Bic created a pen for them for free, the Russians used it as well.

I do agree with you, a wristband would be much simpler.

You did pick up, that I used the word, "story" Right? The real facts are even more redicilous, " Originally, NASA astronauts, like the Soviet cosmonauts, used pencils, according to NASA historians. In fact, NASA ordered 34 mechanical pencils from Houston's Tycam Engineering Manufacturing, Inc., in 1965. They paid $4,382.50 or $128.89 per pencil. When these prices became public, there was an outcry and NASA scrambled to find something cheaper for the astronauts to use."

Source : https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-nasa-spen/

The point I am trying to make, still stands : Implanting a foreign substance into your body to pay for goods and services are just stupid, and a over engineered idea that are easily solved by
much less radical payment options. I still think these people are just doing it, because it is regarded by many as a Taboo. < Religious or Social >  

I kind of like the idea. Think of how easy it would be going to a pool bar and not having to take your wallet with you or walking to the beach and not having to worry about your wallet on the beach while you play in the water. I lost a wallet at the beach once. I used to walk to North Beach in SF and afterwards would go to the beach chalet brewery across the street to have a few beers. I was way out in the water one time and looked back to see some guy stealing all my stuff. Canceling all your cards is a bitch. An implant would have solved that problem.

How do you get to the beach? Car/bike, just lock it up in the vehicle you used to get to the beach. You can also just buy a swimsuit and get this sown into the clothing. Why do you have to get implants? I can already see the marketting campaign for this, "Never lose your wallet again, just hide it inside your body" ^hmmmm^ The thieves will quickly catch on to this, and they will CUT you after they have scanned you, to get to your wallet. No thank, leave this to the attention seekers. ^LoL^

As I said, there are many other ways to do this that would not require you to cut into your flesh and risk infections and rejection.   

I walk to the beach. I already said that. If someone wants your money they will figure out how to get it.

Hell there is that drug they use in south america when they blow it in your face and you lose free will, they usually take you to an atm and say go withdrawal all your money and hand it to us and it usually works or even you help them move the shit out of your home into their vans.
This is what im telling about earlier on which the risk of being stolen or robbed by some people is still there and as you mentioned they could easily lure you out to give all your bitcoin with the possible ways that will work like what you said on blowing a drug or any other like robbed you out with the use of other harmful things.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:48:32 AM

doesnt quite work like that but im guessing you have been watching a tv show that mentions it, possibly about conmen, gypsies and psychics
No I watched a documentary about it, actually this one : https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/worlds-scariest-drug-colombian-devil39s-breath-part-1/55ef5be749b3d5591cf227c4

I am sure it isn't 100% but point is they could probably get you to tell your password to any crypto wallet with the stuff.

Wow, that stuff would work great for divorce. Instead of paying alimony you just blow some powder in your ex-wife's face and tell her to jump off a bridge. LOL 

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4453

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 08:09:55 AM

No I watched a documentary about it, actually this one : https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/worlds-scariest-drug-colombian-devil39s-breath-part-1/55ef5be749b3d5591cf227c4

I am sure it isn't 100% but point is they could probably get you to tell your password to any crypto wallet with the stuff.

put it this way
if they have to ask a street busker who has to play a bamboo flute to get enough pocket change to feed himself. he doesnt really know himself how it works, otherwise he would be rich. as for the story of the doorman saying the tenant helped thieves carry his possessions to the thieves car.. im more inclined to say the door man drugged the tenant and called his mates round to raid the apartment while the tenant was passed out. telling a little fib the next day to counteract his own involvement.

it doesnt make you lucid/articulate and able to function normally minus freewill, it is a roofie/super drunk drug. it makes you passive and not fight back. like being stoned and just wanting to chillout/relax/sleep. not become a robotic mind controlled zombie.

the reason its used is that unlike a roofie that requires you to get acquainted enough with a person to hand them a drink, you can blow it in their face just passing by, and within a minute they are drowzy and drunk

even when drunk via alcohol. i could easily say "hey mate we got a taxi home but the driver needs to be paid. whats your debit card number." allowing the drunk person to, while inebriated type in their number. because even when drunk that seems rational/normal thing if you see yourself in a taxi.. ofcourse the person sitting with you sees what buttons you press to later take your card once the taxi has drove off

this doesnt mean loss of free-will while remaining coherently/lucidly. its just being so drunk your easily sold on something that sounds rational.
however if i said to a drunk person you need to empty your bank account or carry your tv down the stairs to my car. thats a different story, most drunks would laugh and say "f-u i just wanna sleep" and then leave the thief to carry it themselves.

as for telling your password to a crypto wallet.. if the password is short enough for an inebriated drunk to spell it out.. then the entropy is not that huge anyway.

but this is why i still think wallets need to lock privkeys to something tamper proof and use public keys and signatures as the only publicly transmitted info.

EG BitID as the 2FA for services where the service shows a unique message and you reply with signature of that message that can be verified to a public key registered to you.

retailers see your public key and give your hardware wallet all the unspents of it. and your hardware wallet signs a tx, to only send the signed tx back to the retailer. thus the hardware wallet doesnt need an internet connection or desktop client with addons to act as a middleman

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 11:05:48 AM

I'm not sure if this has ever been implemented yet, but can you imagine a way of paying with Bitcoin by just using your own body?

It would be more of like a microchip implanted into your left or right hand that would contain both your public and private keys to send and receive Bitcoins.

So in case you want to send or receive some BTC, you would just pass your hand over at a scanner and it would perform the desired operation. This is would make it a very convenient and easy way to transact, and carry your Bitcoins with you anytime, anywhere. However, the only thing to be considered would be the security of your private key from within your implant, to protect your funds from theft.

Nevertheless, I want to know your opinion about this, since it would be pretty cool to have such a system to help spread mass adoption of the cryptocurrency.  Smiley

I don't like this idea. I don't want chip anyway in my body under my skin. First of all people adopt bitcoin because they want to be free from banks. If a have any kind of implant device in my body except this which is relevant with my health like as  a pacemaker I would be free from banks but slave of the bitcoins.
Tanic

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 11:17:38 AM

Today this idea seems fantastic. But I think that in nearly future such kind of ideas can be real. I don't want to think about all ramifications of this implants. In all movies such things hadn't a good end.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 11:54:47 AM

I'm not sure if this has ever been implemented yet, but can you imagine a way of paying with Bitcoin by just using your own body?
How about ur wallet, physical wallet? Why going to blood & gore stuff if u don't need too?
I don't like idea of implants, its too physical when its no reason to.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 03:37:27 AM

How about ur wallet, physical wallet? Why going to blood & gore stuff if u don't need too?
I don't like idea of implants, its too physical when its no reason to.
We already have physical wallets devices like trezor and keepkey, ledger for smaller screenless size. Seems like this is already here and being used.
Well isn't the idea of having a phone with your wallet app physical enough? What I mean is that isn't it the idea of having a wallet app to be portable and you can use it anywhere?  Also mobile phones are enough because they show your transactions, they show what you have, you can send or receive money. Putting it in your body might make it worse in terms of features.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 04:17:57 PM

What happens when your private key is compromised? Do you have to cut it out of your body?

Same goes for these weirdos who get bitcoin address tattoos.addresses ain't designed to last.

I've been concerned about this, due to the fact that a thief could just get access to your Bitcoin by either cutting it from you or just obtaining your private key.

In the case that your private key gets compromised, I think that an ability to replace it would exist since it is based on NFC technology where you can overwrite the chip with any data you desire.

As for tattoos, they are mostly QR codes which lack the ability to change them, in contrast to NFC tags or chips. Only time will tell whenever these implant methods become successful or not.  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 06:34:41 PM

What will happened if the boby part was photograpgh and the person have access to your wallet, because this must be in  a public part of the body. I don't think it will work
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 01:17:22 AM

What will happened if the boby part was photograpgh and the person have access to your wallet, because this must be in  a public part of the body. I don't think it will work

Well I think this might not become a possibility since it would be using NFC technology. That would apply in the case of QR codes. However, to really get the data from NFC, it would be either by using an RFID detector or an NFC reader that someone carries along with him.

Nevertheless, I think that if the private key would've been encrypted from within the NFC chip, it should be no issue if the their ever gets access to it.

Also, another thing worth considering would be the health implications it would have, thus limiting its ability to become widely used in the mainstream world. Just sharing my thougths.  Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:22:02 PM

I don’t know about bitcoin implants, but I heard of an identity chip that gets implemented into your arm and a lot of people have rejected this idea because it compromises their personal lives and their security and I think that would be the case with bitcoin because you are holding your account information that can be easily be scanned and hacked which is not a good thing.
U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:56:37 AM

as for telling your password to a crypto wallet.. if the password is short enough for an inebriated drunk to spell it out.. then the entropy is not that huge anyway.

This is exactly why I use passwords that I could never memorize. Ok well there are lots of better reasons but this works too.

If someone asked me while drunk what my password was I'd say I mashed the keyboard and made sure there were special characters all over. It's like 30 or 40 characters probably. Good luck!
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:07:44 AM

I don’t know about bitcoin implants, but I heard of an identity chip that gets implemented into your arm and a lot of people have rejected this idea because it compromises their personal lives and their security and I think that would be the case with bitcoin because you are holding your account information that can be easily be scanned and hacked which is not a good thing.

Yeah that may be the concern of most people out there. Security is key here when implementing this kind if system, especially when you have a very valuable asset such as Bitcoin. Another factor would be the health implications that this would have, greatly reducing its ability to becoming mainstream sometime in the future.

Still, it would be pretty neat to have a system like this as a matter of convenience, that would allow you to store and spend your digital currency, anytime and anywhere. I think that security would become of utmost importance, if such system would gain traction. Just sharing my thoughts.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:35:57 AM

Nevertheless, I want to know your opinion about this, since it would be pretty cool to have such a system to help spread mass adoption of the cryptocurrency.  Smiley

No, it wouldn't. Sounds a lot like Revelation, referring to the Anti-Christ's mark.

"And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name"

“If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark…the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God…”

Thanks. I've been waiting for some christian fear monger to post that.

Abit of topic but how is he a fearmonger for quoting the bible?  He didn't even interpret anything ?   i hate when people just brand someone with a label instead of debating the point  Undecided
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:49:38 PM

Nevertheless, I want to know your opinion about this, since it would be pretty cool to have such a system to help spread mass adoption of the cryptocurrency.  Smiley

No, it wouldn't. Sounds a lot like Revelation, referring to the Anti-Christ's mark.

"And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name"

“If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark…the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God…”

Thanks. I've been waiting for some christian fear monger to post that.

Abit of topic but how is he a fearmonger for quoting the bible?  He didn't even interpret anything ?   i hate when people just brand someone with a label instead of debating the point  Undecided

Ok, I'll debate it. Why bring up that passage at all? Most of the christian bible is designed to instill fear. The bible doesn't say things like, "don't do that because god will be really disappointed and pout if you do". No, the bible says things like, "don't do that or god will allow you to go to a fiery hell and be tortured for all eternity". WTF?

This forum is called "Bitcointalk" not "Christians intrepret money". It's a financial website discussing a revolutionary monetary tool. Keep that christian fear-mongering shit in the circus where it belongs.

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:50:55 PM

Are there any Mormon Bitcoiners?  Grin
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:56:01 PM

Are there any Mormon Bitcoiners?  Grin

ROFL

Don't even start   Grin

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:23:28 PM

I think in the future the possibility of implants to pay for stuff and not only this, but having your entire financial, social security, ID... alll your government data may be implanted at birth and this data will be hosted in some sort of centralized government blockchain that will also have the token equivalent of bitcoin (e-dollar, e-euro etc... if we don't go towards a global centralized nightmare like the "phoenix" as predicted by some that is)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:44:04 PM

I think in the future the possibility of implants to pay for stuff and not only this, but having your entire financial, social security, ID... alll your government data may be implanted at birth and this data will be hosted in some sort of centralized government blockchain that will also have the token equivalent of bitcoin (e-dollar, e-euro etc... if we don't go towards a global centralized nightmare like the "phoenix" as predicted by some that is)

That already kind of exists in the USA and the dollar is already a global currency. I can't remember the last time I visited a foreign country where having dollars wasn't good enough. The USA uses citizen ssn numbers for everything (buying a house, opening a bank account, registering your car, getting a drivers license, etc.). Almost all citizens have finger prints on record which is a biometric record of your identity. You don't even need an implant to have bank accounts biometrically linked to you, they could just link to your fingerprint or retinal scan. Having a Bitcoin implant holding spendable funds that can't be taken away from you could help defeat the centralized financial systems that exist today. People just need to decide to accept it as money worldwide and use it for everyday purchases. Bitcoin could be a hedge against the "Phoenix" new world order money ever coming into existence.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: