Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:42:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin implants?  (Read 11395 times)
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 02:56:33 PM

Ive heard that same concept i think the name of it was RFID microchip, cant remember.
But if ever it happens that would be the end of privacy for us bitcoin users
Cause they can track us using that device where ever we go
That would destroy bitcoin's anonymous features.

The chips are designed not in RFID or GPS type that can be tracked, but the implant in form of a barcode
it is actually not difficult to indicate it but I believe there is no such thing as anonymity in the future
everyone will be recorded in detail if they want to be accepted by civilization.

Well, if such an implant be visible from outside, you probably be kidnapped...

Innovation has always had a lopsided argument, but it doesn't matter because if you carry a credit card will also experience the same thing.
Crime is always there and that's where we need to be more vigilant, implants offer a more practical concept and automatic.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 03:08:38 PM

>People are implying that we're actually going to get to a point where RFID chips are required in order to function in what would be a modern society.

While everyone wants to say that, I find anyone actually expecting it to be woefully unaware of the actual attitudes held by people that would have to deal with something like that, and they're ignoring the geopolitics happening right now.

Governments in certain countries will seek to do something like this, but there is a high chance that they will either fail, or in the event they succeed, it will not become a major thing for at least a generation in their country. Even then, people who don't want it can leave to a country without it.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 03:29:15 PM

It would be pretty convenient indeed but the thing is implanting something within your body might affect your health or something and every person have different immunity within their body that the implant may affect it but if, and the government would not be against this idea they it might be great but then I think we don't really need this things to be implanted to someone, just like in the movie kings men about the SIM card implants in their napes, I think the whole concept or idea came to that! 
oktana

Activity: 1582
Merit: 281

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 05:32:17 PM

It would be pretty convenient indeed but the thing is implanting something within your body might affect your health or something and every person have different immunity within their body that the implant may affect it but if, and the government would not be against this idea they it might be great but then I think we don't really need this things to be implanted to someone, just like in the movie kings men about the SIM card implants in their napes, I think the whole concept or idea came to that! 

Implant technology (non-bitcoin) has been used for detainees at Guantanamo, and even embedded in the body of war soldier, very useful to anticipate if it's lost in the countryside. For economy, I welcome this bitcoin technology to be quickly realized, maybe we don't need to carry a wallet + private key anywhere because it's embedded in the body. In this case, the percentage of the radiation has to be taken seriously.

Previously, we know many types of medical implant or implant chips in anticipation of fractures, this is 100% safe though made of iron and steel.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 10:31:40 PM

I guess, before trying to make some crazy ideas about implementing bitcoin wallets into our wrists or having a digital wallet in our pocket, people should work on making bitcoin accepted anywhere we go.

All the business in the world should have a motivation to accept bitcoin therefore they have to know the advantages of using bitcoin nowadays, we don’t need any crazy ideas until we can use the bitcoin in our daily lives, it is like bringing a suit to a beach party or it is like having a fork to eat soup you have it but you can’t do anything with it.

Yes. That would be the number one thing to consider, before implants become a reality. Bitcoin needs more acceptance from everyday people, merchants, and businesses to become practical in the mainstream world. Another factor that would need to be considered is the ability for Bitcoin to scale, as it would determine its long-term success in the future.

However, if Bitcoin gets to scale, then there would be major acceptance from merchants and businesses worldwide, making the use of implants practical in the future. I have the feeling that we would shift towards using implants and integrated devices to handle our personal information, as well as our finances. Just my opinion.  Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 10:37:57 PM

I don't think it's a good idea because you could be tracked very easily for nasty people, like the government. They would track you by your address and you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. I know there are advantages like the accessibility, but in the end it's more negative than positive.

Currently, there is already this kind of implant, not with BTC, but with another informations, like a barcode micro chip in the hand. I wouldn't use this kind of stuff...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 10:40:42 PM

It's just a dumb idea. Keep your money separated from your body, or else your body may become a target for the most brutal thieves, you don't want to lose an arm cause you have a chip there with millions of dollars. Bad idea!
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1103

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 11:02:42 PM

you want to lose your arm? Because that's how you lose your arm.

Imagine you're in a sketchy neighborhood and people know you're carrying a huge amount in your palm.

Its good for ease of transaction, but a big NO for security
Well, this is interesting, in medical terms placing a foreign object into our body is potentially a disaster. If this concept just like something that implemented on the surface of the skin i think this is not a big problem but if this object is placed under the skin layer it's just not good for your health. Not only that you might also lose your arm you know what i mean, the criminal will do everything to get what they want.
Anyway, bitcoin tattoo is a good option sadly it just can be used to receive bitcoin.
Come on it's nothing bad. Tell that to people that implant stuff under their skin to have horns and stuff. I haven't heard about them dying from it.
I wouldn't be afraid of the implant itself or losing an arm like someone suggested, I just don't see the point of having such implant.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

I don't think it's a good idea because you could be tracked very easily for nasty people, like the government. They would track you by your address and you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. I know there are advantages like the accessibility, but in the end it's more negative than positive.

Currently, there is already this kind of implant, not with BTC, but with another informations, like a barcode micro chip in the hand. I wouldn't use this kind of stuff...

You seem to have a point. If governments manage to crack down your implant, they could gain access to your Bitcoin. While the idea of having a Bitcoin implant sounds great for convenience, it may not be the most viable way to use in the mainstream world, due to security and privacy issues.

Perhaps, at some point, this kind of system would be used by governments themselves, to gain better control of their citizens in every way. All kinds of information like personal, financial and health, would be integrated into an implant, which you would use to access government services.

By that time, there would exist digital fiat currencies issued by governments, with the use of blockchain technology. The combination of blockchain technology and the use of implants, would be of great use to them. Just my opinion.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
unisilver

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 01:09:15 AM

who would want this bitcoin implants.. i think no one. Smiley
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 07:03:47 AM

Implant technology (non-bitcoin) has been used for detainees at Guantanamo, and even embedded in the body of war soldier, very useful to anticipate if it's lost in the countryside. For economy, I welcome this bitcoin technology to be quickly realized, maybe we don't need to carry a wallet + private key anywhere because it's embedded in the body. In this case, the percentage of the radiation has to be taken seriously.

Previously, we know many types of medical implant or implant chips in anticipation of fractures, this is 100% safe though made of iron and steel.

It already comes in your mouth and you just said that some implants have a radiation and if it is made with iron and steel if it rust it can go to the blood stream and can be fatal to the system well think about first before apply it! I think the native conventional way of transaction with bitcoin is OK and convenient in many ways we don't need this advance things so we can just use bitcoin so we could just sit still and make our tummy big! I think it is as good as it is.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 04:00:11 PM

It already comes in your mouth and you just said that some implants have a radiation and if it is made with iron and steel if it rust it can go to the blood stream and can be fatal to the system well think about first before apply it! I think the native conventional way of transaction with bitcoin is OK and convenient in many ways we don't need this advance things so we can just use bitcoin so we could just sit still and make our tummy big! I think it is as good as it is.

Yeah. Taking into consideration the health implications that an implant would have, it would not be the most viable solution for everyday payments, but still it is an idea that might become a reality with Bitcoin, if security and health risks are the top priority when designing these systems.

In the meantime, I think that using conventional hardware wallets are great to use with Bitcoin, as there are no health implications involved. Not to mention the security issues too, as hackers and thieves will only target the device itself, in contrast to having the device implanted on your body.

Nevertheless, as crazy as having an implant sounds, it might not be far from becoming mainstream in the future with a digital currency which is backed by the government. I have a feeling that everything will be done (access to bank accounts, medical information, etc.) with the use of implants as our society evolves and becomes more futuristic. Just my thoughts. Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
lemonade09

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:01:54 PM

I'm not sure if this has ever been implemented yet, but can you imagine a way of paying with Bitcoin by just using your own body?

It would be more of like a microchip implanted into your left or right hand that would contain both your public and private keys to send and receive Bitcoins.

So in case you want to send or receive some BTC, you would just pass your hand over at a scanner and it would perform the desired operation. This is would make it a very convenient and easy way to transact, and carry your Bitcoins with you anytime, anywhere. However, the only thing to be considered would be the security of your private key from within your implant, to protect your funds from theft.

Nevertheless, I want to know your opinion about this, since it would be pretty cool to have such a system to help spread mass adoption of the cryptocurrency.  Smiley

As in now days I already see some people in the new who started implanting chips in there body and they can use them to pay in stores with just waving there hand the a machine will detect the chip implanted in there hand and hes already paid in what he buy..,,
As now we are not sure if they will use bitcoin as the currency or wallet of the implanted chips but in the book of bible it is already ready happening and it will happened in the revelation..
Ekanenf

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:11:24 PM

I'm not sure if this has ever been implemented yet, but can you imagine a way of paying with Bitcoin by just using your own body?

It would be more of like a microchip implanted into your left or right hand that would contain both your public and private keys to send and receive Bitcoins.

So in case you want to send or receive some BTC, you would just pass your hand over at a scanner and it would perform the desired operation. This is would make it a very convenient and easy way to transact, and carry your Bitcoins with you anytime, anywhere. However, the only thing to be considered would be the security of your private key from within your implant, to protect your funds from theft.

Nevertheless, I want to know your opinion about this, since it would be pretty cool to have such a system to help spread mass adoption of the cryptocurrency.  Smiley

it would be nice that way, but I think we are looking too far from the future the way we are talking things here, though it is a really good idea because it will be more convenient and less hassle than accessing first our web wallets before we can send transactions. But the problem is, what if somebody would remove the implant in our body, and steal the bitcoin on us, then it will all just go to waste, all the efforts that we spent in order to earn that bitcoin.

I think it would be more better if it is not going to be implant but it is connected online to our web wallet, in order to be safe and more secured.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:28:16 PM

How about security of that chip?
I have to ask because im curious if someone is able to steal bitcoins from him through some device or to find exploit in software.
If there is a way to do it, then it was not the best idea.

Im also not sure about health problems with this medical surgery to implant the chip.
Personally, I would not like to have btc chip under my skin Cheesy
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:13:40 PM

The idea of ​​a wallet installed in a microchip under the skin sounds interesting but it should be added certain security measures:
-The wallet could only work if the chip were under the skin, so it could not be stolen.
-The wallet could only work if it detects (in some way) that it is under the skin of a living organism. This would avoid hand amputations to steal.

There would still be the possibility that the user would be threatened with a knife or a pistol and forced to pay or that someone would devise a way to hack the wallet with a handshake.
Wesimon

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:33:19 PM

The developers of this implant is not dumb about the implications that this may cause. For the radiation that will be emitted by the implant is so small that it cannot even harm the body. Our smartphones emit radiation and yet it does not do any harm don't they? As for the metal to be used, instead of iron and steel, they may use stainless steel so that they will avoid rusts or even other metal that will cope with that health concern. Having implants is not that dangerous to a human's health, that is why there are scientists and engineers. Also, I think this type of implant will not be implemented unless it is proven by medical authorities that it is not harmful to anyone's health.

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:50:20 PM

It can be done, yes but is it practical ? Honestly, I think that is the dumbest idea I have ever heard of, no offense. The next thing you know everyone’s hand is in danger of being damaged Tongue. It could work but it is not really necessary and I think it would cause more trouble than it would solve.

QR codes are just as easy and don’t cost thousands of dollars like a technology that implants something in your hands.
Turk Ace

Activity: 360
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 09:48:17 PM

Things like this have been thought if before bitcoin came about. It's a good idea and will work. It's a microchip it's out inside of a syringe and injected under your skin. It will work well but I personally would find it annoying just knowing something is there under my skin that I cannot see.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:49:24 PM

This is dangerous... People will get robbed of their body parts for bitcoin!

Besides, you will be linked to your bitcoin address(es) and may lose your privacy when making bitcoin transactions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: