Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:32:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragonbest is a scam artist.  (Read 381 times)
shaftinafrica (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 02:22:44 AM

What happened::
I did a quick google search for a site I was trying to get an invite to (sit2play.com) and came across Dragonbest's thread offering an invite for 60$. He was really responsive at first, helping me with bitcoin payment (I'm new to this whole process, if you couldn't tell), but after I couldn't get that working he just had me send it to his "brother's" paypal address as a gift through the friend's/family feature (another mistake). Well once the payment was complete, this douchenozzle stopped responding to my PM's and never sent the invite.

Scammers Profile Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=883088

Reference Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1705313.0

Amount Scammed: 60$
Payment Method: Paypal
Proof of Payment:
http://imgur.com/Rs6kuga

PM/Chat Logs:
http://imgur.com/a/O8Q55

Additional Notes:

I know I'm new to this and share most of the blame for being naive. This guy is a con artist though and shouldn't be allowed to pose as a reputable vendor on this site. I would avoid doing business with him at all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yannic

Activity: 356
Merit: 259

airdrop-pepe.art

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 02:29:39 AM

I know I'm new to this and share most of the blame for being naive. This guy is a con artist though and shouldn't be allowed to pose as a reputable vendor on this site. I would avoid doing business with him at all.

Try to open a paypal dispute

♥‿♥ Show me your Love with few Yenten to :
[url=https://airdrop-pepe.art]Airdrop

Airdrop
Airdrop
♥‿♥
Website in progress : CryptoServices.net/en/ and Yenten.Today
☮ Peace, ♥ Love and Yenten Thanks ♥
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 04:01:44 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2016, 04:22:14 AM by roslinpl

Hello,

it's pretty sad to read OP story but to avoid such situations simply never buy anything from a newbie / unknown seller without an escrow...

▒▒██████████████▒▒
███████▒▒▒▒███████
███████▒▒▒▒███████
███████▒▒▒▒███████
███████▒▒▒▒███████
███████▒▒▒▒███████
███████▒▒▒▒███████
███████▒▒▒▒███████
███████▒▒▒▒███████
███████▒▒▒▒███████
███████▒▒▒▒███████
██████████████████
██████████████████
███████▒▒▒▒███████
███████▒▒▒▒███████
▒▒███████████████▀

▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
when buying from an unknown seller it's
extremely highly recommended to always use an escrow.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Best regards.
shaftinafrica (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 11:23:59 AM

Unfortunately i sent the money to him under the "family and friends" feature. PayPal doesn't provide any protection for those transactions. I called them and they told me to talk to my bank. He knew enough to request I send the money that way (I'll give it to him, he's a professional scumbag at least). My only recourse is to talk to my bank. I have the guy's/his brother's name, through the PayPal transaction. I just don't know how far I'm willing to take this over 60$. I was thinking at least I can get this guy IP banned or something? I don't want other (new) people getting screwed over.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 12:26:19 PM

Unfortunately i sent the money to him under the "family and friends" feature. PayPal doesn't provide any protection for those transactions. I called them and they told me to talk to my bank. He knew enough to request I send the money that way (I'll give it to him, he's a professional scumbag at least). My only recourse is to talk to my bank. I have the guy's/his brother's name, through the PayPal transaction. I just don't know how far I'm willing to take this over 60$. I was thinking at least I can get this guy IP banned or something? I don't want other (new) people getting screwed over.
Mate,scamming doesn't get anyone's IP banned (atleast around here) and it would be pointless to, since they've a way out using VPN's/TorExit Nodes.
-You should have  bothered to post about the trade.
-From mistakes do we learn,you're good to go. Smiley

Btw that account has 100 other accounts on the forum scamming newbies like you on regular basis.Not his fault completely,you guys fall for it!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: