Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:16:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If you don't think this is a bubble, why aren't you buying?  (Read 947 times)
OnlyGoodVibes (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:46:03 PM

This isn't meant to be a  'Dhuurr put all your life savings into Bitcoin!!' post or anything, I'm just curious as to why so many people here are shocked that people are buying at current prices yet fiercely defend accusations that the price will drop. So, if you truly believe that Bitcoin prices are due to rise, and you are holding back from actually buying (if you have money to invest) then what is stopping you? What do you knowGrin Legitimate question!
nebulus

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

... it only gets better...

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:48:08 PM

What makes you think people as aren't buying? The prices are going up... There is a demand.

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:51:19 PM

The price should go higher now that popular media (for normal people) have put bitcoin on the front page due to its rapidly rising price.  That will bring more than a few 'get rich quick' types who think it'll head to $1000.  There's a few more people with gambling money to go.
OnlyGoodVibes (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:52:27 PM

Of course yeah, I was directing the thread at specifically those who the title applies to, not generally to everyone on the forum.
Gordonium

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:19:54 PM

All my savings are in Bitcoin and I turn most of my every paycheck into Bitcoins and left just handful of fiat for rent and food.
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:30:34 PM

This isn't meant to be a  'Dhuurr put all your life savings into Bitcoin!!' post or anything, I'm just curious as to why so many people here are shocked that people are buying at current prices yet fiercely defend accusations that the price will drop. So, if you truly believe that Bitcoin prices are due to rise, and you are holding back from actually buying (if you have money to invest) then what is stopping you? What do you knowGrin Legitimate question!

Because most of the long time bulls on this subforum should have already went in when the price was below $32, at the current price any purchase could probably only add very little to their holdings.

What's funny is that this thing has become some sort of a ball game: only professional players are left on the field, others just sit in a pub drinking and watching, cursing, etc.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:34:06 PM

I've run out of disposable money. The rest I have to keep in fiat for daily, weekly, monthly expenses.  Undecided
OnlyGoodVibes (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:44:09 PM

Because most of the long time bulls on this subforum should have already went in when the price was below $32, at the current price any purchase could probably only add very little to their holdings.

What's funny is that this thing has become some sort of a ball game: only professional players are left on the field, others just sit in a pub drinking and watching, cursing, etc.

Hah, this is a great analogy. I guess I'm sat in the pub watching but still playing for my local 5 a side team on weekends.
ManBearPig

Activity: 350

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 02:47:47 PM

In my case because I'm literally all-in. I don't have more equity to buy.

But: if I had more equity, I'd have been all-in at the same prices (mostly between $10 and $70), mostly at the top end, just for higher amounts Smiley

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 02:57:11 PM

All my savings are in Bitcoin and I turn most of my every paycheck into Bitcoins and left just handful of fiat for rent and food.

that's the whole point of it all, isn't it? to use Bitcoin as a store of value and savings.

/believer
wopwop

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:58:04 PM

because im all in
Gordonium

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:59:09 PM

that's the whole point of it all, isn't it? to use Bitcoin as a store of value and savings.

/believer

Sure. And when Bitcoin will come into mainstream I can store all my money in BTC because I will be able to pay my rent and food in it. And probably at that point my salary will be paid in Bitcoins.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: