Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:47:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First signs of exhaustion of current trend  (Read 6978 times)
ffernandex (OP)

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:58:34 PM

Divergency between last price action vs MAC-D indicator.

If price breaks below 240 may confirm reversal or trend or beginning of a correction.

Otherwise, be aware of a double-top at the 266 level, which could confirm exhaustion of current trend.

upload foto

If you like my posts, feel free to donate!
BTC: 1L1S4wG5TNJZSX9VG3vkk2er76YHihz3Kg
HATA28

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:59:26 PM

SELL SELL SELL

Double top my ass
move_zig

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:00:24 PM

If price breaks below 240 may confirm reversal or trend or beginning of a correction.

Otherwise, be aware of a double-top at the 266 level, which could confirm exhaustion of current trend.

So if the price goes down, crash.
And if the price goes up, crash.

Got it.
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:02:46 PM

Got it.

This has been the bear argument since $15

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:03:41 PM

Got it.

This has been the bear argument since $15

You haven't been around long enough, mccorvic. Bears have been making this argument since parity with one USD.
ffernandex (OP)

Activity: 143

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:04:14 PM

Got it.

Price can still go up again and go higher than 266. Depending on volume and strength, the current upward trend could continue.

What I meant was to be aware of the price making a double top (reaching 266 and reversing again) which is a strong indicator of trend exhaustion.

BTW I'm not bear nor bull. Just trying to apply simple technical analysis to BTC.

cheers!

If you like my posts, feel free to donate!
BTC: 1L1S4wG5TNJZSX9VG3vkk2er76YHihz3Kg
flaab

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:18:17 PM

Got it.

Price can still go up again and go higher than 266. Depending on volume and strength, the current upward trend could continue.

What I meant was to be aware of the price making a double top (reaching 266 and reversing again) which is a strong indicator of trend exhaustion.

BTW I'm not bear nor bull. Just trying to apply simple technical analysis to BTC.

cheers!
I have seen several double tops on the bitcoin price, but the price has resumed up.
But one day, perhaps the double top will reverse the trend.
Who knows when?
ManBearPig

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 02:37:24 PM

You can't just rely on trend analysis without looking at the fundamentals.

The fundamentals have changed this year, fundamentally and continue to do so, daily.

Others are doing a fine job of keeping us informed of those, you know what the major ones are.

Agreed: 23% growth day-on-day is crazy: it might not happen on consecutive days but it very well may do so on single days at some time in the future.

The current trends in average daily growth (to close yesterday):

1 day      23%
3 days     17%
This month 11%
Since the inflection point of 17th March 2013 7%
This year   3%
Since 2010  1.14%

One could argue we are in any or all of those trends.

So the question is, which current trend will change?

Oh and seriously: MACD on BTC? Give that up until global adoption is fully here Smiley

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 03:22:46 PM

Divergency between last price action vs MAC-D indicator.

upload foto

Thanks for your analysis Smiley I also came to the conclusion a correction is on the way based on resistance at a long term trend line.

Found it very hard to be accurate in the price prediction due to the log scale and the shortage of data points but I think the idea has some validity.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 03:30:17 PM

How does one predict the trend of some millionaire in China picking up a newspaper and reading about Bitcoin for the first time and having it "click"?

Same thing in any other part of the world.

There is nothing to predict when someone with a lot of money may start moving money today or wait until returning from a business trip next week.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:32:47 PM

Look at blockchained.com.  Almost $4m has left the order book in the past couple days.  If that isn't a sign EAs are beginning to cash out, I don't know what is.  When we look back a couple years from now, this will probably be the turning point to at the beginning of a very long and painful correction.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Newscastix

Activity: 349

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:34:47 PM

Look at blockchained.com.  Almost $4m has left the order book in the past couple days.  If that isn't a sign EAs are beginning to cash out, I don't know what is.  When we look back a couple years from now, this will probably be the turning point to at the beginning of a very long and painful correction.

You might have a point... but the EA's will then be the ones drying in a few years when we are at $1,000+/BTC...

If i were an EA i would NOT cash out... not at this point...
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:36:33 PM

I don't agree with OPs TA, but funnily enough I do agree with Proudhon, he may finally be right.

My reasoning? My own behavior and the increasing amount of time that Bitstamp is taking to process fiat withdrawals, presumably because they are flooded with them.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:46:29 PM

You might have a point... but the EA's will then be the ones drying in a few years when we are at $1,000+/BTC...

A flood of EAs cashing out will probably spark a massive correction that could last years and severely damage bitcoins reputation for even longer.  I think this behavior will prevent exchange rates from being higher than they are now-ish for a very, very long time.  $1000 is completely out of the question at this point. 

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:47:39 PM

My view is that if we correct from here, it will be more of a short term correction followed by new ATH, rather than a long term crash. I don't think 266 will be the high for this year (i.e. we go higher prior to 12/31/2013).
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:50:20 PM

Look at blockchained.com.  Almost $4m has left the order book in the past couple days.  If that isn't a sign EAs are beginning to cash out, I don't know what is.  When we look back a couple years from now, this will probably be the turning point to at the beginning of a very long and painful correction.

A flood of EAs cashing out will probably spark a massive correction that could last years and severely damage bitcoins reputation for even longer.  I think this behavior will prevent exchange rates from being higher than they are now-ish for a very, very long time.  $1000 is completely out of the question at this point. 

Early adopters didn't get into bitcoin because they thought they would be millionaires. They got in because they believe in it for the long haul.

more or less retired.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:50:32 PM

It's the weekly exhaustion.

$260 was much too high, I was surprised when I woke up this morning to see it had risen that far. Panic buying I presume.
Back to $190 or thereabouts, possibly.

Then next week we go up again.

With that said, I didn't sell and I don't think this is even close to topping out.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:51:34 PM

This one feels real, but as others have said correction not crash. I'm gonna pluck $164 out of my ass.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:54:14 PM

hoorayyy time to buy some coin!!!!! Grin
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 03:56:58 PM

It's the weekly exhaustion.

$260 was much too high, I was surprised when I woke up this morning to see it had risen that far. Panic buying I presume.
Back to $190 or thereabouts, possibly.

Then next week we go up again.

With that said, I didn't sell and I don't think this is even close to topping out.

It is the Gox lag. Price falls more the longer the lag time.

When the lag clears up the price jumps up.

I would write a trading bot to trade based upon lag time but they will be clearing that up in a day or so.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: