Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:44:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am feeling very sorry for Demonetization in India  (Read 1457 times)
Jessica136 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 02:47:42 PM

Hello My Indian Pals,

Hope you all doing Good!

The recent demonetization in India had  huge impact on general people. I really feeling very bad for them. How you  people are managing your expenditure these days?

What do you think, is demonetization process really the right way to stop corruption?

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 06:55:09 PM

It's now become a cashless country Cheesy

We are using debit cards mainly as many ATMs don't have cash while now banks give cash to the customers but mainly high denomination notes which are difficult to exchange for goods. Many shops are accept digital payments now which is a good sign.

MrMerchant

Activity: 80

LBC: BeingMrMerchant ~ www.pocketbits.in

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 07:31:18 PM

We can't buy a loaf of bread as all we have are 2000 rupee notes and no one would give us change.

all in all its good, all the black money came out....
and went into paytm and digital currencies and MLM schemes, its a win win.

The Corridor To A Digital Economy
PocketBits is India's De Facto 24/7 Platform To Buy/Sell Bitcoins And Other Cryptocurrencies in Minutes!

www.pocketbits.in
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 07:36:13 PM

It's neither good nor bad at all. If we see what's good in there, then we can say that too much black money got spit out by many owners who were "unluckily unable" to convert their old notes to new just because the amounts were too big. If we would talk about what's bad, then you must have seen in news that many bank employees, including even some RBI people, were into converting old black money notes to newer ones due to which new notes are not reaching to a common man's hands. In many cities, we are still waiting for Rs.500 new notes.
MrMerchant

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 07:45:47 PM

I touched the 500 rupee note today, after around 40 days since it was introduced  Undecided

tbh a very good chunk of people were able to convert oldies into new cash, as there have been huge seizures in new currency too..

PocketBits is India's De Facto 24/7 Platform To Buy/Sell Bitcoins And Other Cryptocurrencies in Minutes!

www.pocketbits.in
nizamcc
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 10:27:39 PM

I touched the 500 rupee note today, after around 40 days since it was introduced  Undecided

tbh a very good chunk of people were able to convert oldies into new cash, as there have been huge seizures in new currency too..

That had been very much surprising as how the government is able to catch those who converted their old cash into new notes, and in most huge seizures where new notes are being found, I haven't seen any with new 500 Rupee notes but new 2000 Rupee notes. Don't really know what's the logic behind this.
They said they had included some nano chips in those new notes, do you really think that's the case? If so, what would be the production cost per note?
MrMerchant

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 05:24:54 AM

most certainly a Hoax.

There has never been a report of any such gps frequency developments in the world and to top it off there is no such power source which can keep it powered for years.
And we all know where we rank in Innovation of new tech  Cheesy

Quoting a major tech publisher

"We can barely get a GPS signal indoors, and if you believe the forward, the RBI has packed every single 2000 rupees note with a wafer-thin nano GPS chip that can get a signal even "120 metres below ground level", which makes absolutely no sense. Not to mention the only chips that can be powered by a 'reflective signal' - like RFID chips - can transmit data only over very short distances, and not across hundreds of thousands of kilometres like the forward suggests."

www.pocketbits.in
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 11:53:38 AM

Honestly, I felt a bit uneasy the first time standing in a queue to withdraw cash, but after a couple of weeks a lot of small kirana stores and marts have started accepting Paytm (We honestly shouldn't be relying on Paytm cause it's a 3rd party application and there could be risks of a database breach with everyones credit card details being leaked out, I'm also unsure about how they handle encryption of personal details), cash transfers (through UPI/NEFT/IMPS) and also using debit cards. Now I mostly use my debit card for payments and use mobile applications like moemoe for paying tolls on private roads (not to be trusted with your funds again, prefer depositing only small amounts that you can afford to lose).
MrMerchant

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 08:33:43 PM

As for trusting the third party part, I ordered a pizza from the dominoes app and paid via Paytm.
The amount of 780inr was deducted from my Paytm and the Dominoes app said timeout and order was not processed.

Now I am out 780 +780(Paid by Card As I had to Eat right?) and I have no way to contact paytm support, all they have is an email, no customer support number or point of contact.

India going digital is not a bad thing, but the entity in control? should be chosen wisely.

PS: At least I had a card to pay and I had money to spare, what if someone was out of cash and that 780 was all they had at that time? Maybe they were travelling at night and taking a cab or paying for a medical bill...
there is a long list of questions but a very few legitimate answers.

www.pocketbits.in
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 04:27:45 AM

As for trusting the third party part, I ordered a pizza from the dominoes app and paid via Paytm.
The amount of 780inr was deducted from my Paytm and the Dominoes app said timeout and order was not processed.

Now I am out 780 +780(Paid by Card As I had to Eat right?) and I have no way to contact paytm support, all they have is an email, no customer support number or point of contact.

India going digital is not a bad thing, but the entity in control? should be chosen wisely.

PS: At least I had a card to pay and I had money to spare, what if someone was out of cash and that 780 was all they had at that time? Maybe they were travelling at night and taking a cab or paying for a medical bill...
there is a long list of questions but a very few legitimate answers.

Paytm have good Support

Customer care Number - 0120 306 2244
Try to contact on facebook and Twitter - https://twitter.com/Paytm https://www.facebook.com/Paytm/
tag paytm for faster response
Use Domino Gift cards , Coupon codes While ordering

Always use Domino Website -- App has some bugs i also face issue

Thanks Regards

Hello My Indian Pals,

Hope you all doing Good!

The recent demonetization in India had  huge impact on general people. I really feeling very bad for them. How you  people are managing your expenditure these days?

What do you think, is demonetization process really the right way to stop corruption?

its just Govt Plan to Earn more through tax ... now we need to tell how i got this money to spend... Offline purchasing is safer in this way because They are poor People who dont have enough money to pay to govt..
zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 11:15:52 AM

Hello My Indian Pals,

Hope you all doing Good!

The recent demonetization in India had  huge impact on general people. I really feeling very bad for them. How you  people are managing your expenditure these days?

To be honest I faced no trouble after demonetization like many other people faced due to lesser availability of cash.
As I made a lots of my payments like electricity bills,college fee etc with my debit card even before currency ban I didn't go through all the trouble of visiting bank every now and then.
Anyway now things are back to normal and only few more days to go before government lifts the limit on withdrawal

MrMerchant

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2016, 06:33:40 PM

Paytm have good Support

Try to contact on facebook and Twitter - https://twitter.com/Paytm https://www.facebook.com/Paytm/

Thanks Regards

Thank You! I didn't know they have a Customer care number, M gonna get my money back now....

www.pocketbits.in
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 05:24:41 PM

Hello My Indian Pals,

Hope you all doing Good!

If i think on a small scale of just myself, no i didn't faced any problem at all due to availability of credit cards. Almost everything i needed could be purchased via either credit cards or by transferring funds into paytm which surprisingly almost everyone in the country is getting familiar with. I sold my bitcoins to get paytm balance. (I've been doing this before Demonetization too)
But, on a larger scale it's true many uneducated, poor or simply others in general have faced great difficulties, I've seen very long ques formed to withdraw money at late nights, not everyone is familiar with apps like paytm and have credit cards so they highly depend on cash. But i insist on looking at the bright side, while many people have somehow "fixed" their black money still many have surrendered/lost it. I think this was the most bold and huge step taken towards stopping corruption. I speak in favor of Demonetization maybe because i haven't faced even any hardships.
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 03:14:38 PM

Hello My Indian Pals,

Hope you all doing Good!

If i think on a small scale of just myself, no i didn't faced any problem at all due to availability of credit cards. Almost everything i needed could be purchased via either credit cards or by transferring funds into paytm which surprisingly almost everyone in the country is getting familiar with. I sold my bitcoins to get paytm balance. (I've been doing this before Demonetization too)
But, on a larger scale it's true many uneducated, poor or simply others in general have faced great difficulties, I've seen very long ques formed to withdraw money at late nights, not everyone is familiar with apps like paytm and have credit cards so they highly depend on cash. But i insist on looking at the bright side, while many people have somehow "fixed" their black money still many have surrendered/lost it. I think this was the most bold and huge step taken towards stopping corruption. I speak in favor of Demonetization maybe because i haven't faced even any hardships.

I will answer one by one

If i think on a small scale of just myself, no i didn't faced any problem at all due to availability of credit cards.
Debit card every one have not credit card

But, on a larger scale it's true many uneducated, poor or simply others in general have faced great difficulties, I've seen very long ques formed to withdraw money at late nights, not everyone is familiar with apps like paytm and have credit cards so they highly depend on cash.

only 25% Educated person already using paytm or digital payments
Rest 10% know about paytm and start using
and poor people dont have enough money to buy sim cards and android mobile phone

Everyone will learn these things in future
I am with Modi

dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 04:05:21 PM

Yeah.. there was not much of a better way of doing this.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

nizamcc
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 07:55:59 PM

Paytm have good Support

Thanks Regards

Thank You! I didn't know they have a Customer care number, M gonna get my money back now....

Money back? But for what?
They have been into the main focus of every Indian after demonetization stepped in and PM himself recommended everyone to go digital.
You seem to be in a problem with them currently, strange to see somebody being angry on PayTM.
bitcoinisbest

Merit: 557

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 04:48:34 PM

Finally banks have started reducing the MCLR as they  now overload with money   Grin and to disburse this money to public in form of loan have reduced the interest rate and hope upto 12 lakh amount 3% effective interest rate will be less as under new scheme launching by Prime Minister. Hope for good things to fall in line now.
rajasumi2

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 06:11:10 PM

demonetization has not brought any good to the society .will 2 and a half months one after the demonetization,the cashes are flowing in a steady pace and everything is better and cashless society ,it would not happen nearby soon,.i dont think it would ever happen at all or not .lets see.

bitcoinisbest

Merit: 557

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 06:27:47 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2017, 06:43:45 AM by bitcoinisbest

Good effects is that it made us to realize that with little amount with those 50 days one started to manage things and only spent on really needed stuff and not on unnecessary waste of money actually. Another thing is that now India is slowly though but taken a step to cashless society so atleast in urban areas people are paying though digital wallets and vegetable vendors, sandwich person, etc  are now accepting that as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: