Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:06:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I didnt know that Bitsquare connects to my own node.  (Read 379 times)
calkob (OP)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:30:35 PM

I have a node running on my computer and whilst my VPN is on it only has outbound connections,  but i was using bitsquare today and noticed that i had an incoming connection on my core node whilst using the vpn.  so i checked it out and it was from my local ip and was a Bitcoinj connection by bitsquare,  what is the purpose for this?  does anyone know?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 04:18:57 PM

I have a node running on my computer and whilst my VPN is on it only has outbound connections,  but i was using bitsquare today and noticed that i had an incoming connection on my core node whilst using the vpn.  so i checked it out and it was from my local ip and was a Bitcoinj connection by bitsquare,  what is the purpose for this?  does anyone know?

BitcoinJ is a SPV implementation, it gets data from full nodes. Your "no external connection" rule is probably a firewall rule. If you did not set the node to listen=0 it will still accept inbound connections if its reachable.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 06:31:25 PM

BitcoinJ is a SPV implementation, it gets data from full nodes. Your "no external connection" rule is probably a firewall rule. If you did not set the node to listen=0 it will still accept inbound connections if its reachable.
Bitcoinj also defaults to connect to a local node of one exists.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: