Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 02:08:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Game: What happens next?  (Read 2059 times)
yokosan (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:52:52 PM

Let's play a game.
What happens next?

Microsoft!

Enron!

Apple Smiley

humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:54:06 PM

None of the above.

Bitcoin is not a stock.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
chrsjrcj

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:57:33 PM

Enron didn't crash because it was a bubble.

I wouldn't mind a Bitcoin correction $150 for a little bit (two to three weeks). The recent rise was WAY too much.
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:08:03 PM

I wouldn't mind a Bitcoin correction $150 for a little bit (two to three weeks). The recent rise was WAY too much.

enron didnt "crash" becouse of a bubble.....hahahaha i love it, enron crashed becuse if fucking litteraly crashed and ruined the Alaska shores and oil went everywhere and killed millions of animals .....

NikolaTesla

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:08:30 PM

Ah but what about WorldCom not to mention the entire Nasdaq in April 2000...
chrsjrcj

Merit: 102

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:10:40 PM

enron didnt "crash" becouse of a bubble.....hahahaha i love it, enron crashed becuse if fucking litteraly crashed and ruined the Alaska shores and oil went everywhere and killed millions of animals .....

That's kind of what I meant. I probably should've been more clear.
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 04:12:08 PM

I'd swear I've seen this guy before, used to talk about bitcoin being worth billions, almost like the creepy uncle I never had  Grin
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 04:13:55 PM

None of these other charts come close to the bitcoin bubble...

the bitcoin bubble is like 10 times bigger then anything we ever seen b4?

yokosan (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:15:34 PM

Well the other charts are over much longer time periods.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 04:18:43 PM

omg its even better...
so bitcoin has gone up 10 times higher( % wise ) than any of these stocks, and it did this in a fraction of the time.

has there ever been a stock that has bubbled up as fast and furious as bitcoin has?

why does the bitcoin behave this way?

yokosan (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:23:17 PM

omg its even better...
so bitcoin has gone up 10 times higher( % wise ) than any of these stocks, and it did this in a fraction of the time.

has there ever been a stock that has bubbled up as fast and furious as bitcoin has?

Well if you do this over the same time period of these other charts, what we are seeing right now could just be a tiny speck, similar to what the 2011 bubble looks like now.
im3w1l

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:33:00 PM

omg its even better...

I would say bitcoin behaves a bit like a tech stock pre-ipo. Those three founders working out of a garage might revolutionize the world. Or not.
Geddi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

It's the muffins that must be stopped.

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:50:49 PM

I'd say Enron. Same good start, same freaking bubble, probably same outcome. Only no Lay or Skilling to point at when it's over.
w00t

Activity: 188
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:49:03 PM

I'd say Enron. Same good start, same freaking bubble, probably same outcome. Only no Lay or Skilling to point at when it's over.

I studied heavily what had happened at Enron. And I can assure you it's not anythink like that.

Enron could not produce a simple balance sheet. Analyst consensus was "you have to take it on faith - it's a black box".

Their broadband products were connected with big mounth proclamations while they had nothing.

On top of that - there was huge fraud connected with usage of "structured finance" and also "mark to market accounting" when they booked future projected profits on non existing services (or booked profits on services actually loosing money - that's why they never released balance sheets).

Bitcoin is exact opposite - It's opensourced and distributed.

First PC game is using Bitcoin as the currency: Fallout 2
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Geddi

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:08:54 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 05:23:05 PM by Geddi

I studied heavily what had happened at Enron. And I can assure you it's not anythink like that.

Enron could not produce a simple balance sheet. Analyst consensus was "you have to take it on faith - it's a black box".
There was a bit more going on than being unable to produce a balance sheet. How 'bout Fastow's money games? How about the rolling blackouts? They probably could produce a balance sheet but it would have been unimaginably long and scare the hell out of everyone!

Not all those things are an issue with bitcoin but "studied heavily"?

Their broadband products were connected with big mounth proclamations while they had nothing.
A bit like proclaiming "you can buy something with bitcoin" You can get high off of SR, or gamble your life away with SD but that's about it.
Oh wait... you can daytrade the hell out of it! Let's plaster the stock value all over town like Enron did. And crash like them..

"mark to market accounting"
Yeah I know.. Future value and such.
Don't forget: bitcoin is valued for its possibilities, not for the things it actually does.

Bitcoin protocol is opensource, its value it a black box.

Bitcoin looks like Enron to me at this moment. Wanna know why? Ask why, asshole!

Grin

antimattercrusader

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:27:08 PM

There was a bit more going on than being unable to produce a balance sheet. How 'bout Fastow's money games? How about the rolling blackouts? They probably could produce a balance sheet but it would have been unimaginably long and scare the hell out of everyone!

Not all those things are an issue with bitcoin but "studied heavily"?

A bit like proclaiming "you can buy something with bitcoin" You can get high off of SR, or gamble your life away with SD but that's about it.
Oh wait... you can daytrade the hell out of it! Let's plaster the stock value all over town like Enron did. And crash like them..

Don't forget: bitcoin is valued for its possibilities, not for the things it actually does.

Bitcoin looks like Enron to me at this moment. Wanna know why? Ask why, asshole!

Grin

Why?

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:36:54 PM

funny how people are always comparing btc to stocks
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:19:43 PM

I like the graphs  Cool

Geddi

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:22:11 PM

Why?
--> Cheesy
w00t

Activity: 188
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:59:22 PM

Fastow's games were in process to trick the market, as I understood it he used SPV (financed by Merill and others) to bury company debt - it was connected with the "unable to produce balance sheet" - if they did it - the truth would come out.

Rolling blackouts - yeah that was unfortuante and poor California was hit hard, though if Enron did only this they would never go under (it was very profitable at times).

The list of services is available. I understand it could be longer but the Silkroad itself would be enough.

Yes, I agree with this one - this is similar with Enron or any other company - look at Amazon they have for years its P/E in range of hundreds.

In comarison with stocks I see Bitcoin as quite safe investment. I know a technological company which from 500M went to about 25M in about a year (that's 20x less or 5% of the original value). The cause was obvious - too optimistic future views, "complicated" accounting etc..
If this can happen to a company listed on NASDAQ in 2012 (loooong after Enron), I think Bitcoin will do just fine Smiley

Grin

Yes this one is funny Wink

First PC game is using Bitcoin as the currency: Fallout 2
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: