Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:16:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-12-19] India Today: Exposed : The unrestricted bitcoins bazaar  (Read 388 times)
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 02:29:22 PM

Exposed: The unrestricted bitcoins bazaar that helps dispose illicit wealth during demonetisation

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/black-money-cyber-threat-bitcoins-crypto-currency-digital-money-zebpay/1/838545.html

Cons are posing an invisible cyber threat to the nation's onslaught on black money, pedaling a risk-laden digital currency to tax thieves looking for safe hideouts for their illicit wealth, an India Today investigation has found.

Agents of the unrestricted online bazaar of bitcoins -- virtual money notoriously used by money-launderers and criminals for extortion, drugs and even supari killings -- were found to be facilitating investments from unaccounted wealth into the dark Internet tender, the investigation discovered.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrMerchant

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

LBC: BeingMrMerchant ~ www.pocketbits.in

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 07:26:51 PM

mindless journalism without any research.

I had seen the video they published, bs about how its all about the dark market and Anonymous hackers founded bitcoin for drug trafficking.

We need some genuine media outlets  Embarrassed

The Corridor To A Digital Economy
PocketBits is India's De Facto 24/7 Platform To Buy/Sell Bitcoins And Other Cryptocurrencies in Minutes!

www.pocketbits.in
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 08:11:45 PM

mindless journalism without any research.

I had seen the video they published, bs about how its all about the dark market and Anonymous hackers founded bitcoin for drug trafficking.

We need some genuine media outlets  Embarrassed

This is what's dragging bitcoins into dark in India, this journalism and media itself.
I hate all News channels here because they are "PAID" and they only show what they are asked to show.
But this is not doing any good for bitcoins in India, as it is evident that bitcoins are surely going to be seen as a "black-money-converting-commodity" from the very beginning here.
MrMerchant

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 08:40:04 PM

The worst part is, I don't think even these people publishing the reports are manipulating the common man.

they truly have no Idea about the true potential about bitcoins, they just take the limited knowledge they can get from word of mouth, distort it unintentionally and publish it to create breaking news.

I will give you an example:

A cash to btc trader told the undercover reporter that " Aapko bitcoins Zebpay ka jo current rate hoga uske 20% extra mein mil jayega, koi bhi note chalega"

Media intrepetation?

"Iss Kaala Baazaar ke dhandha khule aam ho raha hai, websites ke dwara log apna kaala dhan chupa rahe hai, dekhiye in badi companiyon ka parda faash aaj raat 8baje."

ffs

PocketBits is India's De Facto 24/7 Platform To Buy/Sell Bitcoins And Other Cryptocurrencies in Minutes!

www.pocketbits.in
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 09:10:48 PM

The worst part is, I don't think even these people publishing the reports are manipulating the common man.

they truly have no Idea about the true potential about bitcoins, they just take the limited knowledge they can get from word of mouth, distort it unintentionally and publish it to create breaking news.

I will give you an example:

A cash to btc trader told the undercover reporter that " Aapko bitcoins Zebpay ka jo current rate hoga uske 20% extra mein mil jayega, koi bhi note chalega"

Media intrepetation?

"Iss Kaala Baazaar ke dhandha khule aam ho raha hai, websites ke dwara log apna kaala dhan chupa rahe hai, dekhiye in badi companiyon ka parda faash aaj raat 8baje."

ffs

Lolz, correct. They just misinterpret everything and put it accordingly, based on their assumptions completely without even understanding the concept behind that thing. Bitcoin has never been a Kala Bazaari wala dhandha, at least not for us who actually know its potential and its use. Just because few asses out there are purchasing bitcoins because they don't need anything specific like they need to show for even Gold nowadays, this media is just making bitcoins "black money chhupane ka ek matra raasta". I just can't do anything but clap on all their idiotic comments.
MrMerchant

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 09:49:48 AM

We could start a bitcoin publication in India but there are not many talented writers with blockchain based knowledge imo.  Undecided

www.pocketbits.in
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: