Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:51:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin in 2017  (Read 4661 times)
logic-bet

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 04:38:03 PM

anyone can give out your opinion about bitcoin in 2017 please

will growing trend keep continue in 2017 ?

do you think it good oppotunies for more shop accepted bitcoin ( paypal, amazon ?)

which country market will be the central for bitcoin in 2017 ( india , china ?  )

In my own opinion bitcoin will be a great digital currency this comming year 2017 or by june merchants will start accepting bitcoin as payment methods we can use easily our bitcoin technology is upgrading Amazong are start accepting bitcoin i saw on my bitcoin wallet based on philippines it is still china. will the central for bitcoin marketing.

Yes, every day the news is better, I think a BTC has a promising and bright future, will we see in 10 years bitcoin at 30000 $ ? Time will tell us I will continue to buy in the cuts

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
logic-bet

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 06:24:47 PM

This will surely break the $ 1000 before the end of the year
Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:09:08 PM

I would say we need to wait until february or march to see if those price that we have are sustainable. Maybe they are, but I really dont know why people are so excited about the 1000 usd per bitcoin? would you sell? I guess not. So whats the point?
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 02:06:46 AM

I have no idea what will happen to Bitcoin price as we go into 2017.

But I would note that Bitcoin has very majestic price cycles, it goes WAY UP and then comes WAY DOWN.  Yet the general tendency has been for it to keep going up, on the average.  In my three or so years playing with BTC, I have noted that the system has not failed yet, nor apparently even come close, despite all the drama.

Buy and HODL seems to be a reasonable strategy.  There does seem to be a good chance that BTC will move beyond its ATH, then crater again.

Whee!   Shocked   Smiley
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 07:01:00 AM

The only thing that i can see is the price will be down after hit 1000 dollars, due to the people will sell their bitcoin, you know what this makes me scared bitcoin will not pass the highest price in bitcoin's history. In other hand we can see many people will interested on it all we know that bitcoin has been covered on media in good way lately, there will be more startup and projects engaged with bitcoin. About the value of the bitcoin i hope that i'll be wrong no one can predict future accurately, We all can have an opinion and speculate about it.
jondeen707

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:32:55 AM

The price will rise to at least $1,500 by the end of 2017. Drops and hikes are likely and will correlate with the general sentiment in the global capital markets. If overall uncertainly prevails, the price would keep rising as the liquidity of bitcoin is inherently low. The better part of demand will be generated by that.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:38:19 PM

I think that in 2017 we will see a rise of the bitcoin in the market, first the price of the bitcoin might go up to 1500$ by the end of the first quarter, and that will bring many new users to the bitcoin and also a lot of investments with it, so it is no surprise if most of the big names like Amazon or eBay starts using it as a payment method, and we might see banks starting to adopt it.
Tanic

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:45:34 PM

The price will rise to at least $1,500 by the end of 2017. Drops and hikes are likely and will correlate with the general sentiment in the global capital markets. If overall uncertainly prevails, the price would keep rising as the liquidity of bitcoin is inherently low. The better part of demand will be generated by that.
With such temps of grow the price can rise to 2000$ already by this summer. But there is a high risk of new hacking attack now because of the high price. Remind the summer of 2016. Something like that will happen again sooner or later.
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:49:43 AM

Bitcoin in 2017 will be great, Indeed. Aside from that the user would be possibly doubled it's value would exceed 1000$ based on the expert and as I can see in myself. If it will hit 1000$ many people will obviously sell their bitcoin and that time bitcoin price will decrease but will goes up eventually.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:41:04 AM

Bitcoin in 2017 will be great, Indeed. Aside from that the user would be possibly doubled it's value would exceed 1000$ based on the expert and as I can see in myself. If it will hit 1000$ many people will obviously sell their bitcoin and that time bitcoin price will decrease but will goes up eventually.
Yes, when the price rose to $ 1,000 bitcoin in Thuan 2017, I think it would be a lot of things changed. perhaps, so many businesses are open out there, and that business accepts bitcoin as a means of exchange. it will make people do the same. Well, bitcoin will be popular in 2017.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 01:48:39 PM

Its not possibly doubled. Its already double the value now. This made bitcoin to be rocking stocking online in the world. We got more adoption, mining decreased to half the rate. Price doubled to 950$ now and so many interesting stories with the bitcoin in this year.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 02:54:21 PM

With such temps of grow the price can rise to 2000$ already by this summer. But there is a high risk of new hacking attack now because of the high price. Remind the summer of 2016. Something like that will happen again sooner or later.

the $2000 is too big, and it is best if price goes up more logically and reliably rather than jumping up 2x and then fall down fast.

if you look at the charts you can see a pretty nice linear rise shaping up based on the rises throughout all these years but if we make another breakout now, the same story as 2013 will happen.

Buying the dip...
logic-bet

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 04:36:34 PM

Barry Silbert Optimistic of Global Bitcoin Exchange Volumes
Barry Silbert, the co-founder and CEO of Digital Currency Group (DCG), stated that trading volumes of global bitcoin exchanges are growing at a rapid rate. Exchanges in regions such as the Middle East and Mexico have demonstrated record breaking volumes amid bitcoin’s recent price rally.
As arguably the most active investor in the bitcoin industry, Silbert collaborates with leading bitcoin exchanges including Japan’s Bitflyer, Mexico’s Bitso and South Korea’s Korbit. Silbert and the rest of the DCG members direct and lead companies globally, to expand their services and operations.

DCG invests in a wide range of bitcoin and blockchain startups, ranging from bitcoin exchanges to blockchain solutions providers. In early 2016, DCG closed multiple deals with multi-million dollar blockchain startups, to provide necessary infrastructure to the financial market and banking industry that are seeking to implement and commercialize the blockchain.

Yet, despite the hype around blockchain that existed throughout 2016, bitcoin exchanges have seen the largest commercial success.
Rapidly Rising Trading Volumes of Bitcoin Exchanges

Several bitcoin exchanges under the portfolio of DCG including Bitso and BitOasis have reported record-breaking volumes. Bitso, for instance, saw more trading activity in one month during December than in 2014 and 2015 combined, amid the end of the year price rally.

In an interview, Bitso president and cofounder Daniel Vogel stated that the rising demand is directly attributable to the lack of financial infrastructure for the general population in Mexico. The limited amount of banking services and financial systems led to the search for alternative solutions, such as bitcoin.

Middle East’s BitOasis also reached record breaking volumes, as the demand for bitcoin rose rapidly over the past few months amid global economic instability and financial troubles.

“December has been our best month yet since launch. We broke new daily volume records,” said Ola Doudin, co-founder and CEO of BitOasis.

Silbert Assures Investor: It Is Just the Beginning

Silbert reassured investors and traders that it is only the beginning. As an investor of 19 bitcoin exchanges, Silbert has access to the trading volumes and private data of exchanges globally. Observing the rapidly increasing volumes of exchanges, Silbert said:

“Best part of having invested in 19 bitcoin exchanges around the world is we get to see their monthly volumes. Folks, it is happening.”

Also, countries like India, Venezuela and China have tightened currency controls and imposed various financial regulations, which have led to the devaluation of their national currencies. India, for instance, is currently dealing with a severe cash shortage issue, which has proven to be a disastrous situation for average workers, businesses and households.

If this global economic slump and financial instability continue, the demand for bitcoin will continue to rise. Inevitably, many bank consumers and traditional financial services users will migrate to bitcoin to avoid excessive control from banks and governments.
logic-bet

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 04:49:24 PM

Yes Bank Develops Blockchain to Digitize Vendor Finance in India

Yes Bank, a prominent private sector bank in India has announced the implementation of a multi-node blockchain to digitize and automate vendor financing solutions for a regional client.

Vendor financing is essentially the lending of money by a company to one of its customers, so the latter can purchase products from the company, driving sales for the former.

To develop the solution, Yes Bank sourced technology from the Linux Foundation-led open-source blockchain project, Hyperledger. The blockchain solution made use of smart contracts developed by Fintech startup Catenia Technologies to deliver a vendor financing solution for major Indian electrical equipment manufacturer Bajaj Electricals.

Bajaj’s business interactions that include discounts and disbursal of funds to its vendors will be digitized over the blockchain, allowing for faster, more efficient record keeping and increased transparency. Yes Bank’s anchor client (Bajaj Electricals), will see automatic debits from its account at the bank, as a part of the automated smart-contract enabled blockchain transaction.

“The entire process cycle for bull discounting reduces from four days (owing to manual intervention and transit) to almost real-time,” a press release from Yes Bank read.

The blockchain implementation was heavily facilitated by technology partner IBM. Hosting the blockchain over its “Hybrid Cloud” platform, Yes Bank also leveraged IBM’s “Watson Conversation” a cloud-based cognitive service to further enhance the user experience of participants (bank, the vendor and borrowers or purchasers) in the blockchain.

Bajaj managing director Shekhar Bajaj sees blockchain as the solution to digitize supply chain financing.

The blockchain implementation in Indian business finance comes during a time when other similarly notable efforts start to take shape in the country. IBM has also partnered major Indian conglomerate Mahindra to bring supply chain financial solutions in the country for small and medium-sized enterprises.

Tech giant Microsoft launched its Azure Blockchain as a Service toolkit to Indian customers in December 2016, soon after the announcement of a partnership with consulting giant KPMG to push blockchain adoption among clients in India.
Signaturan

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 04:55:16 PM

I think $1500-$2000 is a pretty conservative prediction.

If the block size is increased to 2MB or higher, the price could be even $5000.

coskunz

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:14:14 PM

An amazing start to 2017 saw Bitcoin passing $1000, it's highest point for the first time in three years!
I've all heard the naysayers, newspapers, commentators and so called experts declare Bitcoin dead, time and time again
but those of us who understand the technology, and the value it brings to the world market and this steady increase is a signal of the growing confidence in cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies in the future.

That is golden year of bitcoin in 2017. Cheer up now.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:06:59 PM

An amazing start to 2017 saw Bitcoin passing $1000, it's highest point for the first time in three years!
I've all heard the naysayers, newspapers, commentators and so called experts declare Bitcoin dead, time and time again
but those of us who understand the technology, and the value it brings to the world market and this steady increase is a signal of the growing confidence in cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies in the future.

That is golden year of bitcoin in 2017. Cheer up now.

I agree with you

I am agree that bitcoin is going to be the golden year to bitcoin. I am more interested in bitcoin as money, but not as technology. And I think that bitcoin is going to show itself in this year. It will appear new places that will accept bitcoins as payment, the government will create and accept some laws to control bitcoin.
logic-bet

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:15:24 PM

The Bitpay Visa: a Bitcoin-Debit Card Review

Bitcoin debit cards have become more popular over the past two years with various choices on the table for consumers to choose from. Cards enable a user to load the account with bitcoin reserves and spend the funds where major credit cards are accepted.

Bitcoin.com decided to review two popular bitcoin debit cards that are currently available to cryptocurrency supporters. The Bitpay Visa card and the Xapo debit card are from two well-known bitcoin companies and both offer different features. We hope to explain in detail how these loadable cards work so our readers can get an idea of what it’s like to utilize these types of cards.

Just recently I ordered the Bitpay bitcoin Visa card, available to U.S. residents in all fifty states. The card cost me $9.99, and you have to pay for the product in bitcoin. There wasn’t much to fill out for verification purposes. Registration required my social security number, email, and current mailing address. Other than those requests nothing more was required from me for identity. After registration, I paid for the card with a Bitpay invoice and was told I would receive the card in 7-10 business days.

Five days later I had received my card, including a PIN and references to card fees. The PIN is used like a traditional debit purchase and also for ATM access. After getting my card and reviewing the fees, I went to the Bitpay Visa card activation page. The page asks for the credit card number, three-digit CVV, and your email. As soon as the information is processed, you now have access to an account page.

The account page is where you load bitcoins onto the card. There is a button that says “add funds, of” and you type in how much money you want to load in USD. I decided how much I wanted to add to the card and entered the amount, which then processes a new Bitpay invoice. Like any Bitpay invoice you have 15 minutes to pay and I scanned the address with my phone’s wallet, thereby paying the amount. Immediately the invoice is marked as received, but funds are not accessible until the transaction receives one confirmation. It must have been a busy day because I had to wait for my transaction to confirm. When it did, my card was loaded with funds.
logic-bet

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:09:41 PM

$11 Trillion Bet: DTCC to Clear Derivatives With Blockchain Tech

The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DCTT) has selected a series of firms to help integrate distributed ledger technology into its first large-scale, real-world application.

In the single, complex deal involving a distributed ledger consortium, a stock exchange, a tech startup, a legacy computer firm and an international collection of bulge bracket banks, the post-trade financial services company has begun the process of moving a significant part of its $1.5qn-worth of transaction workflow to a distributed ledger network.

With a contract announced today, IBM will help manage the process of moving $11tn worth of credit derivatives to a custom distributed ledger built by VC-backed startup, Axoni, under the advisement of banking consortium R3CEV.

The CEO of the DTCC's derivatives service subsidiary, Chris Childs, explained to CoinDesk how a network of nodes run by the counterparties of a transaction will be linked together to not only streamline post-trade processes, but save money as well.

Over the course of the next year, the partners will work collaboratively to "re-platform" the DTCC's existing Trade Information Warehouse (TIW) for post-trade processing to a distributed ledger custom-built for cleared and bilateral credit derivatives.

For an idea of the scale of this operation, the TIW covers all major global derivatives dealers and 2,500 buy-side firms in 70 countries, according to DTCC data.

The DTCC hasn't shared the exact amount of money it believes could be saved by moving the transactions to a blockchain or distributed ledger, but a 2015 report by Santander estimated the global savings to banks more generally speaking could be as high as $20bn a year.

If this first large-scale implementation of a distributed ledger proves successful, there’s plenty of room to expand. The entire global credit derivatives market in 2016 was $544tn, according to the Bank for International Settlements, much of which is processed by the DTCC.

logic-bet

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:21:57 PM

Bitcoin is Still Volatile, But That Doesn't Mean It's Not Viable

Noelle Acheson is a 10-year veteran of company analysis, corporate finance and fund management, and is a member of CoinDesk's product team.

The following article originally appeared in CoinDesk Weekly, a custom-curated newsletter delivered every Sunday, exclusively to our subscribers.

After teasing us for most late 2016, bitcoin *almost* reached a new all-time high in the first week of 2017. That is, before startling everyone with a sharp crash, rally and correction.

The headlines were gripping, and transmitted that edge-of-your-seat feeling that something big was going on.

But was there?

I don't want to imply that price movements aren't important. A steady increase sends a message, as does a sharp plunge. But the messages sent mask the real news – bitcoin is becoming a valid alternative to fiat currencies, not because of its price, but because of its relative lack of volatility.

Outlook unchanged

Yes, I do mean "lack of".

A 20% slump in one day is severe, certainly, and has no doubt caused short-term traders considerable stress. But, in the big picture, it's not material.

We need to remember that, after the initial slump, bitcoin’s price ended up roughly where it was at the beginning of the week. No one can deny that bitcoin has performed well.

Whether the performance is due to fundamentals such as geopolitical uncertainty or monetary turbulence (neither of which are going away any time soon), or to market dynamics (which fluctuate, as always), the outlook of bitcoin is still the same as it was a week ago.

Sure, China accounts for most of bitcoin’s trading volume, and so has a strong influence on price movements, but the fundamentals are still there.

Sentiment is still bullish. Experts polled by CoinDesk at the end of last year predicted end-of-2017 prices of between $1,400 and $3,000.

While the eventual performance is not that relevant for bitcoin fundamentals, it does signal enough robust support to withstand short-term fluctuations.

Volatility, in context

Much more important than the price is bitcoin’s volatility.

Over the past few months it has fallen to levels generally considered "acceptable" for fiat currencies. This week's performance will no doubt push bitcoin's volatility index up a notch, but it's still less than half of what it was six months ago.

Over the past three months, bitcoin's volatility (30-day vs the US$) has on occasion been lower than the South African rand, the Brazilian real and even gold. It has been close to that of the yen, the British pound and the euro.

And here’s the kicker: it has achieved this without central bank intervention.

This is what we should be focusing on: bitcoin’s volatility, in spite of this week's movements, is approaching that of supposedly stable fiat currencies. And it’s doing so on its own.

No fiat currency can say that.

Stability ahead

And so, whatever the price movements, bitcoin is successfully showing the world that its value as an independent alternative is strong.

As any economist will tell you, one of the basic requirements of "good money" is that its value be relatively stable.

Low volatility does not produce dramatic headlines, but it is a much more important metric for investors, entrepreneurs and developers. And as new entrants join the market, volumes will continue to increase, sources will diversify, and bitcoin’s volatility will continue its downward trend.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: