Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:41:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BItcoin Armory is complete garbage, bitcoins lost  (Read 1189 times)
qwertyer (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 06:54:11 PM

Lost some bitcoin by sending to my paper wallet from coinbase after several attempts to try to install this shit app on linux, vm, and windows. Finally got it to work, imported paper wallet, and my money is gone. They cut support for 32 bit (good luck finding a copy), only link is hosted on Amazon, which they blocked. Email services is down, and their support forum link is down. Fuck this company, fuck Bitcoin Armory. Fuck incompetence and fuck broken programs.

Don't expect any replies.
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 07:44:34 PM

and my money is gone.

Have you checked the addresses on a blockchain explorer? Most likely the coins are there and you never got Armory to sync.

They cut support for 32 bit (good luck finding a copy), only link is hosted on Amazon, which they blocked.

ATI is not maintaining Armory anymore. I do it now, on my own pocket and dime. You can find my releases here: https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/releases

As for 32 bit versions, ATI still host their last version of 32bit offline signers on this page: http://www.bitcoinarmory.com/download/

There is no 32 bit support anymore for online Armory because of technical reasons. Basically, the underlying database engine cannot access files larger than 2GB on x86 systems. The new, compact DB in my versions are well below 2GB, so I could in theory revive online x86 support, but you have to keep in mind that any native x86 processor out there is utterly underpowered for the current size of the blockchain.

On that regard, if you only have some old hardware to sync Armory on, I strongly suggest you simply extract your private keys and try your hand at a lightweight wallet instead, as you don't have the hardware to run a full node stack.

Email services is down, and their support forum link is down.

No paid employees, no free support (somehow that sounds off). Ask nicely and plenty of people will be glad to help you over here.

Fuck this company, fuck Bitcoin Armory. Fuck incompetence and fuck broken programs.

There is no company anymore. You seem to confuse incompetence with dropped support. At any rate, Bitcoin in general has always been free open source beta software, and the same goes for Armory, whether under ATI or my lead. You should manage your expectations accordingly.

btc123thatthere

Activity: 131
Merit: 29

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:34:51 AM

Hi there
I'm in a similar situation - 32 bit machine on which Armory keeps hanging. (Tried repeatedly for weeks now.)
What do you reckon are some good lightweight wallets to try? (That I can type the private key into.)
Cheers
bfg2001

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:00:30 PM

God I hate Bitcoin Armory.

I have lost a whole bitcoin because of this piece of garbage. $4000 dollars. Or 2.5 months of my savings.

Why in God's name do I want an app that downloads the whole friggin blockchain onto my computer? Yeah, like I really
want the entire world history of bitcoin transactions gobbling up my harddrive. Like I give a shit who bought what when.
After all, I only bought this computer to be a fu*k*n blockchain node. And a blockchain that will only grow and grow forever!
It's not like there's anything else I'd like to do with my computer. And even when the app is running I basically can't do
anything else on my computer. Forget about multitasking. Forget about surfing the Net, or running anything else at the same
time. Even the mouse cursor slows down.

Unbelievable. Who were the friggin geniuses who developed this piece of shit?

First after downloading this sack of shit, it keeps telling me "Armory cannot load the Database". Finally I realized it meant
the blockchain itself, but this shit-ass app never bothered to tell me that. So I downloaded Bitcoin Core, which as you know
downloads the whole stinkin blockchain, then Armory finally starts working, although it takes half a day to read the friggin
blockchain that took me a whole day to download. And it still shows a balance of 0.0000 btc even though I have had 1 bitcoin
sent to me today.

Seriously, who dreamed up this shit? In a few more years the blockchain will be so massive that nobody will be able to
download it. They won't have the disk space AND it will take more time than they have years left to live! And that is not
an exaggeration.

So I went to their shit-ass website, to the contact page. "If you have problems you can contact us at contact@bitcoinarmory.com".
So I send an email. 10 seconds later it bounces back - "email address not found". Why am I not surprised.

I am so angry at these wankers. The only reason I downloaded this garbage was because the reviews I read said it was the best
and most secure bitcoin wallet. Who the Hell wrote those reviews?

Even the whole concept of blockchain is flawed. Yes I understand the concept. It's a distributed peer-to-peer network that doesn't
rely on any central authority. OK, I get that, but who on earth can download this ever growing shit onto their computers, and why
should all these millions of blocks (for now - billions soon) be replicated again and again and again? Seems to me like a monster
that will one day swallow up the whole friggin internet.

DIE Armory - you sack of shit!
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Priceless =D

Chances are your coins are fine, but with an attitude like yours, chances are no one will ever care to help you recover them either. God speed to you, friend.

morpheus123

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:17:08 AM

Hey , I understand you are stuck with most of the companies problem , and working on this all by yourself , can you name some of the lightweight clients and any instructions on how to sweep the private keys from armory client to any lightweight clients ? , I have put in my two months savings into this almost 2 bitcoins. please help!!!
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:18:49 AM

can you name some of the lightweight clients

I don't use light wallets myself. People in here tend to recommend Electrum, so ask them or go with that straight up. Ideally, you could also research light wallets a bit, since you probably have coins stuck in Armory because you did not research the wallet at all before using it.

any instructions on how to sweep the private keys from armory client

You can get to your private keys from the "Backup Center". You get access to that from the wallet properties dialog, clicking the "Backup this wallet" button on the left side of the window.

As for importing them into another wallet, do your research, or ask the community of the receiving wallet.

Bottom line, you need to invest some time researching the software you're going to use in this space. That will save everybody time and for you specifically, a whole lot of grief.

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:35:23 AM

..in one point bfg is right, though - Bitcoin, or decentralized blockchains in general, are horribly inefficient, an unbelievable waste of storagespace, computingpower and bandwith, and close to the worst possible kind of database.
Armory, combined with bitcoin-core, is even worse, doubling some of the costs.
..and I won't ever switch to any other wallet software if I can avoid it.

OP/bfg: in case you tried to ask for help in your post, try to throw less feces around.
Oh, and I'll buy your worthless, empty, shitty armory wallet for 0.1 Bitcoin :-P

Ente
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: