Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:37:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mods Deleting Posts  (Read 1444 times)
normofthenorth (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 08:20:34 PM

I thought I was nuts, or having computer issues or both. But apparently mods are deleting posts and "we" I say we because I'm absolutely sure I'm not the only one that its being done to. I don't do sig campaign. I sell crap. Most of it useless crap. But its mine to do what I want to with. Heres the deal. I had a thread to sell HBO/SHOWTIME/MAXGO/STARZ for $1. Never bumped my thread more than once per day, sometimes, once per week. Today, I deleted the last "UP", posted a new one. Now gone. There is no "Deleted" message I normally get from the mods. And this isn't the first time its happened as well. Its different if something was done wrong, or infringed upon. But to delete outright bumps because they don't like them is unnecessary and a deliberate act of unknown reasons. All I can say is, I'm calling you out on it whatever mod did it. Whether I'm selling something that you are to for cheaper and you want to elimate the competition, I'm not sure. But it looks that way. I mean geez, its a freakin $1, or its 1 post. You gonna save the forum with your lame tactics? I never did anything against any rules, you have NO right to delete any "Bumps" I made, because they were never over 1 ever 24hrs. So therefore, you broke YOUR agreement with this forum by doing so. If your gonna be a mod, do your job, and NOT what you think your job entails. If you want to be a overachiever, feed the hungry tomorrow. You will get more out of that than deleting posts that have broke no rule.

Just a rant by a fellow ranter.

EDIT: Just checked. They deleted the entire thread. I'm vaguely sure, that's not what Theymos hired you for and if it was, boy are we fucked if we don't sell what they want us to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 11:34:38 PM

Your entire thread was put into the trashcan. You will not get a message about that when that happens.

I am not the mod who removed your thread, but it was almost certainly removed because it broke the rule about no illegal goods. The accounts you are selling have a significant high probability of being hacked accounts (basically any accounts for any subscription services that are being sold are considered hacked accounts) and thus breaking the rules. The hacked accounts are considered illegal in nearly all jurisdictions and thus illegal to sell here.

I see that you have made another thread selling the same thing. Again, you are breaking the rules. Continue to do so and you will be banned.

The mods are here to enforce the forum rules. Whoever deleted your thread is not doing so because of competition (do you see any mod selling such accounts?) but rather because you broke the rules.

If you think you are being targeted because you only see your thread deleted, you are wrong. Your thread was likely only removed because someone reported it. If you see other threads breaking the rules, then report it and the mods will deal with it.

normofthenorth (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 11:45:46 PM

Well fortunately, I don't traffic in illegal goods. Basically, its my Optimum account, and I have the god given right to sell, loan out, whatever I feel like doing with its subscriptions. Its not for anybody to decide what could be illegal and what is not. First and foremost, 1/2 of the advertisements in digital goods are illegal. How do I know? Same way that you do. But without those ppl advertising bullshit on here, they would be no 1.0+btc advertising bids every month. Nobody is gonna pay almost 1k USD, to advertise where nobody is. Makes sense no? Retaliation without a cause is pointless, it only ends up with shit like this. Don't want to see threads like mine? Don't come to bitcointalk.org, becuase 50% or higher is illegal goods. Just depends on what part of the world your in.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 12:06:36 AM

Well fortunately, I don't traffic in illegal goods. Basically, its my Optimum account, and I have the god given right to sell, loan out, whatever I feel like doing with its subscriptions. Its not for anybody to decide what could be illegal and what is not.
What usually happens is people hack accounts and sell them on for a low price (similar to yours). Not to accuse, however I can understand why mods may think this is what you are doing. State the source of the accounts you are selling and the mods may reconsider.

First and foremost, 1/2 of the advertisements in digital goods are illegal. How do I know? Same way that you do.
Agreed. I do think that it should be the same treatment for all (as it was a number of months ago). Not sure why the mods stopped deleting threads like that.

But without those ppl advertising bullshit on here, they would be no 1.0+btc advertising bids every month. Nobody is gonna pay almost 1k USD, to advertise where nobody is. Makes sense no? Retaliation without a cause is pointless, it only ends up with shit like this. Don't want to see threads like mine? Don't come to bitcointalk.org, becuase 50% or higher is illegal goods.
Bitcointalk is made up of more than just the Digital Goods section. Advertisers don't just pay to advertise there, and they would likely still advertise should that section not exist. Bitcointalk isn't an enterprise built on top of illegal goods, the latter is just an unfortunate consequence that should be dealt with.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 12:08:02 AM

Well fortunately, I don't traffic in illegal goods. Basically, its my Optimum account, and I have the god given right to sell, loan out, whatever I feel like doing with its subscriptions.
Well no, probably not actually. I'm pretty sure that violates the ToS, but we don't care about that here.

We don't know that. We cannot read your mind. We don't know that this is your personal account that you are loaning out, all we know is that you are selling one or more accounts for those services, and the assumption is that those accounts are hacked accounts. If you stated that what you were selling was your own personal account then your thread may not have been removed.

Its not for anybody to decide what could be illegal and what is not.
Yes it is, it is up to the mods and admins to decide what is allowed on this forum. The mods can interpret the rules as they feel, and your thread falls under most mods' interpretation of the no illegality rule.

First and foremost, 1/2 of the advertisements in digital goods are illegal. How do I know? Same way that you do.
Then report them and they will be trashcanned too.

But without those ppl advertising bullshit on here, they would be no 1.0+btc advertising bids every month. Nobody is gonna pay almost 1k USD, to advertise where nobody is. Makes sense no?
This is simply untrue. The mods DO NOT allow those sorts of threads. That they are not removed is primarily because the mods are dealing with other reports and no one has reported those threads. The digital goods section is not the only section of this forum. This forum has a lot of traffic in all boards, not just the marketplace.

normofthenorth (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 12:36:09 AM

This is simply untrue. The mods DO NOT allow those sorts of threads. That they are not removed is primarily because the mods are dealing with other reports and no one has reported those threads. The digital goods section is not the only section of this forum. This forum has a lot of traffic in all boards, not just the marketplace.

I figured a rebuttal like this. Now your just argueing semantics. Vietnam, Thailand, and a high probability of more, just the ones on top of the head, all of which bitcoin is illegal. But yet there are board setup for those countries to discuss their illegal activities because dealing with bitcoin in those countries is illegal. Like I said, your arguement is semantics. Whats good for the goose is not good for the gander? Its ok to aid in the discussion and possible distribution of illegal goods or services for the owner, but do what he say, not what he do right? I know the game, know how its played. Most aged people do. That comes with time. Your arguement is null and void. I feel like a member of BLM, and I'm not even black. Hypocracy, its how the world is. And yes I know, my spelling isn't that great.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 12:49:56 AM

Vietnam, Thailand, and a high probability of more, just the ones on top of the head, all of which bitcoin is illegal.
Bitcoin is illegal in neither of those countries, just unregulated.
Hacking into and selling accounts is illegal no matter where you go. It is very easy to assume that a thread such as your own falls into this category due to it looking extremely similar. This is why your thread was deleted. I do not understand why you are having such a hard time understanding this.

I know the game, know how its played. Most aged people do. That comes with time. Your arguement is null and void. I feel like a member of BLM, and I'm not even black. Hypocracy, its how the world is. And yes I know, my spelling isn't that great.
What on earth are you going on about? This isn't relevant to anything you are arguing about.
normofthenorth (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 01:02:49 AM

Its very simple. The golden rule. He who has the gold makes the rules. And minifrij, its basically the same as drug use. Its not illegal to do drugs. Just get caught with them. Thats why when you take a drug test for employment and fail, your not imprisioned. It was said that my thread was deleted due to it being suspicious of illegal activities, while TONS of other threads can imply the same effect. Anybody selling anything, could be stolen or hacked for a better choice of words for the place speaking. To me, it feels like singularity and why wouldn't it. I see MSDN accounts, NETFLIX, HULU, SPOTIFY, PAYPAL, ect, but they all are still there. Tell me why I shouldn't feel singled out?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 01:12:58 AM

Its very simple. The golden rule. He who has the gold makes the rules. And minifrij, its basically the same as drug use. Its not illegal to do drugs. Just get caught with them. Thats why when you take a drug test for employment and fail, your not imprisioned. It was said that my thread was deleted due to it being suspicious of illegal activities, while TONS of other threads can imply the same effect. Anybody selling anything, could be stolen or hacked for a better choice of words for the place speaking. To me, it feels like singularity and why wouldn't it. I see MSDN accounts, NETFLIX, HULU, SPOTIFY, PAYPAL, ect, but they all are still there. Tell me why I shouldn't feel singled out?

It's probably one of the moderators who are trying to stop the newer members from doing things that break the rules in order to try to get a better community presumably?
If you have proof that the goods weren't stolen then you would probably be able to resell them here, however, there is a clear rule about illegal activites that may be broken here (altough, I'll admit, many of the threads here break the same rule). Even some gambling threads with thousands of replies are technically illegal in some jurisdictions.

It seems the moderators may have become slightly more stricter to try to counteract the spam on this forum that becomes annoying (either that or they're trying to stop illegal activities before they happen and using a different set of rules to do it - compared to more lenient rules used earlier).
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 01:56:58 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2016, 02:13:07 AM by SaltySpitoon

Well fortunately, I don't traffic in illegal goods. Basically, its my Optimum account, and I have the god given right to sell, loan out, whatever I feel like doing with its subscriptions.
Well no, probably not actually. I'm pretty sure that violates the ToS, but we don't care about that here.

We don't know that. We cannot read your mind. We don't know that this is your personal account that you are loaning out, all we know is that you are selling one or more accounts for those services, and the assumption is that those accounts are hacked accounts. If you stated that what you were selling was your own personal account then your thread may not have been removed.

Yes it is, it is up to the mods and admins to decide what is allowed on this forum. The mods can interpret the rules as they feel, and your thread falls under most mods' interpretation of the no illegality rule.

But without those ppl advertising bullshit on here, they would be no 1.0+btc advertising bids every month. Nobody is gonna pay almost 1k USD, to advertise where nobody is. Makes sense no?

Illegal is relative as you stated. With only a few exceptions, people selling/buying something illegal in the US, located in Canada are allowed to do so. Hacked/Stolen accounts are essentially illegal everywhere. That said, I'm looking through the trashcan section looking for the thread in question, and I see a ton of similar threads, you are by no means the only one.

*edit* On a side note, I don't see your thread in the trashcan or in your post history? How long ago was it deleted?
normofthenorth (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 02:15:14 AM

Illegal is relative as you stated. With only a few exceptions, people selling/buying something illegal in the US, located in Canada are allowed to do so. Hacked/Stolen accounts are essentially illegal everywhere. That said, I'm looking through the trashcan section looking for the thread in question, and I see a ton of similar threads, you are by no means the only one.

*edit* On a side note, I don't see your thread in the trashcan or in your post history? How long ago was it deleted?

It was today Salty. Check between 10am-1pm est. Somewhere around that time or a hour or 2 prior to this thread being made.
normofthenorth (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 02:16:25 AM

It had a title of HBOGO/SHOWTIME/MAXGO/SHOWTIME $1
normofthenorth (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 02:18:14 AM

And I have no issue with rules. I've always followed them to the best of my knowledge of them.  I know the 24hour bump rule, that's why I deleted the last "Bump" from yesterday, and "Up'ed it today.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 03:25:13 AM

It was today Salty. Check between 10am-1pm est. Somewhere around that time or a hour or 2 prior to this thread being made.

It had a title of HBOGO/SHOWTIME/MAXGO/SHOWTIME $1

Hmm thats strange, I went back as far as about two weeks and I'm not seeing it in the trashcan section. Even if it had been moved to the trashcan, you can still see if your thread has ended up in the trashcan section from a user's post history (not sure if thats a moderator only thing or not)

This is your duplicate thread that Achow mentioned in their first response as viewed from your post history, but the original isn't anywhere to be found. Even moderators can't "Delete" threads that have responses in the thread, they can if there has been no other posts in the thread though. Can't speak for whether or not admins have that ability or not. Either an admin deleted your thread, or something strange happened.

*Edit* yeah, regular members can't see posts that ended up in the trash can in a user's post history, but that doesn't change the fact that I can't find your original thread in your post history or the trashcan. Odd or an Admin?
normofthenorth (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 04:17:16 PM

I'm completely unsure. But I know that it wasn't the first time that it happened. I thought that I was going crazy and "ThoughT" that I posted it, but really didn't. Maybe I have dimensia? I sure as hell hope not. Thank you Salty,
normofthenorth (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 07:44:24 PM

Salty has figured it out. It is a mod deleting my thread. Now with that being said, why are these threads allowed, same general type, but mine is deleted, with the assumption, I am trafficking in hacked accounts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1726693.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1667754.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1724621.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1611664.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1140307.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1656222.0

Just a few that have more than 1 page, that I see on the front page at the time of this post.

Whatever admin or mod is doing this, why am I being singled out? You can't say I'm not, because clearly you hit me for the past 3 days, and ignored these. To me, it looks like its reverting back to the "Golden Rule" again.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=744220.0    <---- This topic here has more than 43k views and almost 300 posts, yet its allowed. This makes 0 sense to me aside from your eliminating competion, or you half ass do your job. Its one or the other. You cannot sit there and say you don't see these posts, when they clearly have been on here for more than a week, getting daily replys. But mine has yet to get more than 3 replies, and lucky to be active for more than 2 hours. Explain this to me. Something is definately wrong here.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 10:55:28 PM

Use the "Report to moderator" link in the bottom right hand corner of a post to report posts. To report a thread, use that link in the first post of the thread.

No mod here sells accounts. This is not something to gain a competitive advantage. You are not being singled out by the mods. If you think you are being singled out, it is probably because some user is reporting your posts but not others. That is not our problem. If you want similar threads to be trashed, then report those threads. Posting about them here is not going to help. Use the "Report to moderator" link.

normofthenorth (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 01:38:01 AM

Use the "Report to moderator" link in the bottom right hand corner of a post to report posts. To report a thread, use that link in the first post of the thread.

No mod here sells accounts. This is not something to gain a competitive advantage. You are not being singled out by the mods. If you think you are being singled out, it is probably because some user is reporting your posts but not others. That is not our problem. If you want similar threads to be trashed, then report those threads. Posting about them here is not going to help. Use the "Report to moderator" link.

No theres more than meets the eye. I've been around long enough to know when something isn't right. I've been on here for a long time.. And if you think that there's nothing more than that, you indeed are wrong.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 02:54:17 AM

No theres more than meets the eye. I've been around long enough to know when something isn't right. I've been on here for a long time.. And if you think that there's nothing more than that, you indeed are wrong.

Have you made an enemy of Malevolent, or any Global Moderators/Admins? In other words, what leads you to believe that there is more than meets the eye? You registered ~1 month ago, not sure if that qualifies as long enough to know when something isn't right. Anyway, I'd probably agree with Achow, just report any threads that you think are violating the rules.

As far as being singled out, there are a lot of account sales and egift card threads in the trashcan. You certainly aren't the only one. If you see others that should be deleted, report them.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 03:10:50 AM

Anyone selling access to online accounts like HBO, Netflix, etc
is probably going to be assumed that its a hacked account or a stolen credit card.

I would actually love to hear an explanation to how someone can sell access to one of these accounts for so cheap and have it be legit.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: