Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:16:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Place for your mining rigs  (Read 3010 times)
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 08:40:32 PM

Will you be interested in place where:
Electricity price will be 5 Cents per Kwh,
Air flow and conditioning,
Security and alarm systems.
Place may be divided into personal and shared rooms, total avg. ~350sqm.
What will be affordable price for you per sqm?
Any thoughts and suggestions would be great
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 11:18:47 AM

Seems like the conclusion of our yesterday discussion Cheesy ! I'd be interested. I doubt I will ever start back my miners where I live, so sending them to you might be a good idea. I don't know how much shipping would cost and how much you would charge, but that might be definitely interesting Wink !
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 11:22:47 AM

well a rig don't occupy that much of a space, especially if you stack them up

isn't better for you to charge a % on the hosting instead? like 5-10% on the total revenue of the hosted rigs?

what about trust? how can we trust you?
Redrose

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 11:25:26 AM

isn't better for you to charge a % on the hosting instead? like 5-10% on the total revenue of the hosted rigs?

The percentage might be better for me. I'd be willing to give him let's say 10-20% of what the rig produces and up to 33% if he can pay for the shipping. Ii would cost something like 77$ to ship 12kg, so might be worth for him or not. There's something to do here I believe.
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 11:53:42 AM

Trust is always an issue I know, but In fact I do this for living. I maintain BTC and other cryptocurrency farms in and near Tbilisi, Georgia.
I thought more people would be interested in low electricity price and ready environment that's why I'm planing to get a place with all necessary stuff and offer a service like this.
Also everything will be official.
Charging % is also an idea, but needs calculations.
Also you are right Rig doesn't require much space, but what if you want to fill up 100sqm? How much are you willing to pay the rent for 100sqm with air flow and conditioning and no power limit?
I know I need a lot of calculations to do
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 12:38:11 PM

The percentage might be better for me. I'd be willing to give him let's say 10-20% of what the rig produces and up to 33% if he can pay for the shipping. Ii would cost something like 77$ to ship 12kg, so might be worth for him or not. There's something to do here I believe.

why shipping? i come up with a better alternative, you just give him the money and he build and host your rig there, you then pay for the electricity cost and give him an additional 10% of your earning for the hosting

that's why i was talking about trust before

Trust is always an issue I know, but In fact I do this for living. I maintain BTC and other cryptocurrency farms in and near Tbilisi, Georgia.
I thought more people would be interested in low electricity price and ready environment that's why I'm planing to get a place with all necessary stuff and offer a service like this.
Also you are right Rig doesn't require much space, but what if you want to fill up 100sqm? How much are you willing to pay the rent for 100sqm with air flow and conditioning and no power limit?

if we can overcome the trust thing i'm very interested in this, but i'll build it slowly, let's say i'll try with one rig to see how the thing go and then add the others

rig would be controlled remotely with teamviewer for example, and like i said i pay for the electricity and an additional % that must be calculated right, so we both have a nice deal
ROB5482

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 02:14:13 PM

I would be interested in this as well.
Redrose

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 03:25:08 PM

why shipping? i come up with a better alternative, you just give him the money and he build and host your rig there, you then pay for the electricity cost and give him an additional 10% of your earning for the hosting

I already have rigs that I can't run here because of the high price of electricity. I've already spent too much money on those rigs that have been turned off for now. I don't want to invest a penny further into something that will break even in so much time.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 04:36:39 PM

I already have rigs that I can't run here because of the high price of electricity. I've already spent too much money on those rigs that have been turned off for now. I don't want to invest a penny further into something that will break even in so much time.

currently even with 40-50 cent electricity you cna make profit, you have really an electricity higher than 40-50 cent per kwh? this is crazy
PanneKopp

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

aka ...

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 08:14:45 PM

which continent ?

... please make an educated guess !
ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 09:06:03 PM

Georgia's prices on rig's parts cannot compete with Amazon and Newegg

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 09:54:17 PM

amazon do not sell to georgia?
ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 10:11:11 PM

amazon do not sell to georgia?

No idea. But obviously it will not be free shipping and % custom taxes
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 10:58:11 PM

you can build a rig for 24 VGAs for about ~100$, this will be the cheapest solution.

that's why i was talking about trust before

if we can overcome the trust thing i'm very interested in this, but i'll build it slowly, let's say i'll try with one rig to see how the thing go and then add the others

rig would be controlled remotely with teamviewer for example, and like i said i pay for the electricity and an additional % that must be calculated right, so we both have a nice deal
We can overcome the trust thing, as I mentioned I do this for living for local farms and I thought I can do it for everyone, which as I see is a great idea.
For local farms I'm only responsible for maintenance and of course online status, all other things are on the owners, the place where they have farms, conditioning stuff, security and etc. I also give them some recommendations that's it.
Charging a % is also great idea, but some calculations must be made, also for big farms, like if someone wants to rent 100sqm at my place I can give any amount of electricity and help with everything, like building the rigs etc. charge the fee for 100sqm like 2k$ and electricity and also maintenance fee of course if one will need it, in this case I will be responsible for paying electricity for air conditioning and cooling from the rent I will get, but also some calculations must be made here too.

Amazon, ebay. aliexpress and so on ships to Georgia. But it is always better to make private shipment on company name than to buy and ship directly from amazon or any other store, in this case we can delay customs tax for 3 years, after this period you either pay customs (but you pay less, because after 3 years your VGAs will cost much less) or ship back your product.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 09:25:41 AM
Last edit: December 25, 2016, 09:35:44 AM by Amph

i don't like to ship a full rig, it may be damaged or something, the best solution is to just give you the money and you build the rig that i want

let's say i want a 6x1070 rig with h81 pro btc ssd 60gb 8 gb ram and g1840 + 6 risers, how much woul cost me there?

a rig like this would do $300 a month gross minus electricity(1000w per hour), will be $270, minus 10% for you, would be $243

buying a 470 rig would do around half of that(200-220 sol per gpu), so i don't see the reason to go with amd here, i would only waste money in components that do not mine
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 11:43:53 AM

i don't like to ship a full rig, it may be damaged or something, the best solution is to just give you the money and you build the rig that i want

let's say i want a 6x1070 rig with h81 pro btc ssd 60gb 8 gb ram and g1840 + 6 risers, how much woul cost me there?

a rig like this would do $300 a month gross minus electricity(1000w per hour), will be $270, minus 10% for you, would be $243

buying a 470 rig would do around half of that(200-220 sol per gpu), so i don't see the reason to go with amd here, i would only waste money in components that do not mine
Shipping the construction would be not smart for sure, depending on our decision and calculations it is possible to make construction already available, in this case you won't have to pay any cent.
My recommendation will be to ship VGAs and motherboard, comparing to newegg prices 1070 will cost +18-20% more if you buy it here in shop (if you buy it from reseller from local forum you can buy it at nearly same price as newegg), also you can't find h81 btc pro motherboards in store, maybe A97 would be easier to find. CPU, Ram and SSDs are cheaper so you can buy them locally. So let's count:
1070 - local price 600$, newegg 440$
h81 - newegg 65$ ?
60GB ssd kingston - local price ~29$
g1840 - 44.93$
8GB RAM - 51$
And risers must be shipped to.

Redrose

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 06:53:16 PM

currently even with 40-50 cent electricity you cna make profit, you have really an electricity higher than 40-50 cent per kwh? this is crazy

My rigs are profitable, but not enough for me. They'll bring me something like 60-80$ a month for 7 cards, that's definitely not worth it, considering the time it does require me to check it like 20 times a day !
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 06:55:22 PM

My rigs are profitable, but not enough for me. They'll bring me something like 60-80$ a month for 7 cards, that's definitely not worth it, considering the time it does require me to check it like 20 times a day !
why so often?
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 06:58:23 PM

Why do you need to check them 20 times a day? Most rigs once setup can run unattended 24/7 with minimum interaction. I check on mine maybe twice a day via web-page status monitoring but even then it is rare I need to interact with one.
Redrose

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:24:13 AM

why so often?

Because I'm kind obssessed with them Cheesy ! I can't stand more than hour to check if there isn't a crypto-currency more profitable to mine (useless I know but that's some sort of natural behaviour) and if they mine correctly !
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: