Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:28:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [AUCTION] Christmas Special! Aluminum 1st Edition Trezor  (Read 669 times)
hephaist0s (OP)

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 09:41:39 PM

This auction is for one rare 1st edition aluminum-body Trezor -- "The Bitcoin Safe"! I am the original owner.

It is in like-new condition, though it has been opened. It will arrive reset, blank & with original packaging and accessories.

The Trezor was the first Bitcoin hardware wallet, and it is arguably still the best, with widespread support and an active development team. It is usable with the MyTrezor.com Chrome extension, as well as wallets such as Electrum, Multibit HD, and Mycelium (Mycelium is especially powerful, since as a smartphone app it lets you scan QR codes). It can also be used as a secure, password-less login device at supported sites.

http://bitcointrezor.com/#about-trezor

http://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-apps/index.html

Starting bid: 1 BTC
Bid increments: .01 BTC
End time: Monday 12/26/2016 at 6:00 PM EST (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/new-york)

Sniping: Last-minute bids will cause the auction end time to be extended so that the auction ends 30 minutes after the last bid.

Shipping: US shipping is included. Buyer pays international shipping. Escrow is welcome, but fees must be paid by the buyer.

Why is it so expensive? It isn't. This is a rare item, and the original price when new was 3 BTC, so by that measure this is a radical markdown. But if the reserve price is too steep for you, just don't bid & move along -- I won't be offended.  Smiley This is a beautiful and special item and it's worth at least that much to me, so even if there are no takers, I'll be perfectly content.

Reputable bidders only.

Watch out for scammers & make payments only to this address, which is in my signature: 1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 10:10:37 PM

1 BTC is way to high tbh. If you reconsider starting  bid I would participate

hephaist0s (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 10:15:58 PM

Please see OP.

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 10:21:55 PM

Please see OP.

BTC was no where near its price of 900 when this was released
hephaist0s (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 10:29:42 PM

Please see OP.

3 BTC in 2014 is still 3 BTC today. But what I meant by "Please see OP" was the part where I said that if you feel the price is too high, just don't bid. This item is worth at least 1 BTC to me, which is why I set the reserve price. That's what a reserve price is for. While I respect and welcome everyone's opinions, this is an auction thread, not a discussion-of-relative-value thread. If you think I'm crazy, just don't bid, that's fine.

Sorry, I tried to cover this in the original post.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 10:33:50 PM

1 BTC is way to high tbh. If you reconsider starting  bid I would participate

Please see OP.

The sale price of these at the time was $999 according to this post - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1414168.msg14360945#msg14360945 , and that guy wants 5 BTC for his unopened.

3 BTC in 2014 is still 3 BTC today. But what I meant by "Please see OP" was the part where I said that if you feel the price is too high, just don't bid. This item is worth at least 1 BTC to me, which is why I set the reserve price. That's what a reserve price is for. While I respect and welcome everyone's opinions, this is an auction thread, not a discussion-of-relative-value thread. If you think I'm crazy, just don't bid, that's fine.

Sorry, I tried to cover this in the original post.

I totally agree with you on this, that is quite fair, good luck. Grin

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
hybridsole

Activity: 944
Merit: 783

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 06:45:00 AM

I wish people would say nothing at all if they feel something is overpriced.  It derails the entire thread and discourages people from buying/bidding...or maybe that's the point.  People seem to think every auction should start at a price within their budget. 

hephaist0s, I seem to recall there were only 10 of these aluminum Trezors produced, is that correct? 
hephaist0s (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 04:06:44 PM

I don't know how many were made in total. The limited re-release when the Cryptosteels came out was a special event -- originally, the metallic Trezors were only available to people who invested in the crowdfunding of Trezor, roughly a year before the Trezor came out. There were definitely more than 20 made, though these are still pretty rare items. If I remember right, the Trezor team said they'd never make the metal ones again beyond the First Edition (but I can't link a source on that, just memory.)

If I can plug this a bit more, the build quality on the aluminum Trezor is awesome. I have a standard plastic one also, and while they are both high quality, the aluminum one is a little thinner and feels like you could drive a truck over it. It's a really nice piece.

I wish people would say nothing at all if they feel something is overpriced.  It derails the entire thread and discourages people from buying/bidding...or maybe that's the point.  People seem to think every auction should start at a price within their budget. 

hephaist0s, I seem to recall there were only 10 of these aluminum Trezors produced, is that correct? 

Apparently there were 20 made??

https://medium.com/@satoshilabs/buytrezor-com-kicks-off-cryptosteel-in-a-limited-bundle-with-first-edition-trezor-metallics-e17e8b2059b1#.44vvi55np

hephaist0s (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 02:02:41 AM

This auction has concluded. There were no bids, and thus no winner.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: