Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:42:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chatbans on BTC-E  (Read 1953 times)
VishwaJay (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:31:02 PM

It seems that there is a rather arbitrary system of administration on the chat for BTC-E, to the point that educating people in real time isn't allowed.

My last comment (which is was the only comment in several minutes, and thus I'm assuming the reason I was banned) was:

BTC is dropping? MOAR PANIC PLEASE! I want to have a good price when I buy in!

Which was in response to the fear-mongering person about 8 lines before me (chat lag, etc.) who was claiming that BTC was going to drop in value again. The overall climb in price of 80% since that person said what they did is just proving the point.

I didn't use vulgarity, I wasn't actually being mean, and it wasn't actually a troll (so much as a counter-troll). And yet the original person pushing the panic button didn't get the ban: I did.

There was no warning. There was no reason given. There was no actual rule posted or broken. It was just the arbitrary whim of the admin on a power trip with a ban hammer.

I complained. Ignored (not that I'm that surprised).

So, forget my funding going to BTC-E... if that's what they allow, then I can't really trust them. Scratch one exchange off my list.

Not calling for anyone else to boycot or anything, just satisfying my ego, here, and trying to see if someone at BTC-E might actually care enough to add a REASON for the ban, other than "you pissed off an admin, sucks to be you" (which is valid, but ultimately will hurt their business if it keeps up).

Posting rules for the chat would not go amiss.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:50:55 PM

Honestly you probably got banned for using too many caps.

The real reason you shouldnt ever use BTC-e again is because when your account gets compromised they take more than 24 hours to assist you.

Best $1000 I ever lost.
TheDarKnight

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:04:27 AM

USE OF CAPS  Cheesy

I am still banned for 1761 minutes and I was banned yesterday. I was spamming just like everyone else, but what's the big deal eh??
I was told it was the caps, so never use the caps!

Please consider trading on bter.com via my referral link shown here, it's a great site for profit with a wide selection of currencies and low fees. https://bter.com/signup/1566

Ziftrcoin tips please!
ZZK4rj1yPRKjmZ26y9tvWq8oeEDUwiV31R
Merralea

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:07:58 AM

It had nothing to do with the content of your post. They auto-ban for caps.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:12:59 AM

banning for 3 words that was in caps? lol

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
phr0stbyt3

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:42:02 AM

banning for 3 words that was in caps? lol

Don't you people pay attention? They jacked 5 BTC from me!
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:48:14 AM

BTC-e is quite scammy.
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:44:53 AM

BTC-e is the shiz-nit. Easily my favorite exchange because of the troll box and the array of pairs.

If you cash out everyday there are no worries. Just gotta figure out the safest and fastest method.
VishwaJay (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:49:01 AM

Ah, I see! They WANT the trolls in there, thus the reason I was kicked!
VishwaJay (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:52:57 AM

USE OF CAPS  Cheesy

I am still banned for 1761 minutes and I was banned yesterday. I was spamming just like everyone else, but what's the big deal eh??
I was told it was the caps, so never use the caps!

Obviously, they don't know the difference between the principle of netiquette and "the rules". Also, never having informed me, this kind of mismanagement tells me that they're not going to last long.
phr0stbyt3

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:52:48 PM

I hear ya.
Gross mismanagement. Apparently highly insecure too.
They're obviously more concerned with moderating chat than account security.
Twerka

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:11:56 PM

It seems that there is a rather arbitrary system of administration on the chat for BTC-E, to the point that educating people in real time isn't allowed.

Don't waste your time, the people on the "troll box" has cash and want to buy coins, so you always find phrases like "It's falling, sell sell sell". They are not fools, they make fools.

And the rules of the chat are on: https://btc-e.com/page/1 (clicking on "terms").

The worst enemy of Bitcoin is Mt.Gox exchange.
VishwaJay (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:39:24 PM

Great! That just demonstrates that it's completely arbitrary. Thanks! Smiley

EDIT: No warning issued:

3. Before applying a punishment, the moderator must warn the user that he/she has violated the rules (this does not refer to the situations with obvious abuse of a user/users and flood). In case of a repeated violation of the chat rules the user will not be warned.

But then of course, they're ALWAYS right, so ignore that rule. Which is just utter nonsense and proof of arbitrariness.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:15:08 AM

Don't waste your time, the people on the "troll box" has cash and want to buy coins, so you always find phrases like "It's falling, sell sell sell". They are not fools, they make fools.

And the rules of the chat are on: https://btc-e.com/page/1 (clicking on "terms").

They promote the Troll-box because it just adds to their bottom line.  It actually attracts "people" - trolls I guess.  Some people like that nonsense.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:24:53 AM

Or maybe this guy is a troll... Has that crossed anyone's mind

So they banned a Troll in the Troll-box?  If they kept that up then they would just have a box.

Of course with a box you could always add some Fans!  Tongue
VishwaJay (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:02:50 PM

So... they want trolls in their troll-box because it somehow makes them money because people are more apt to trade... therefore, the advice to stop panicking is basically counter to their interests, so their arbitrary ban is more like trying to ensure that people continue to panic so that they trade more... I did notice that their company holdings went from about USD$8500 to almost USD$12000 in one day with the panic. With $3500 in fees to the company, that implies a few things.

Thanks, DrG, that is most enlightening.
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:04:04 PM

Do what I did.  Disable the Trollbox.  It's literally 99% pure drivel.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
VishwaJay (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:54:22 PM

Disabling is kinda the opposite of what I wanted... which is to connect to other people who are buying/selling them, etc.

EDIT: Connect in real-time, that is.
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:09:00 PM

A sad commentary on our times where "connecting with people" means typing and reading in the Trollbox.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:53:17 PM

Disabling is kinda the opposite of what I wanted... which is to connect to other people who are buying/selling them, etc.

EDIT: Connect in real-time, that is.
no point, the chat scrolls by at lightning speeds, and everyone is spreading FUD.

use ad block element hider and add this to the list:
Code:
 btc-e.com###nChatCon

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: