Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:59:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOICO]Suicide Coin | FULL POW | Scrypt [COMMUNITY]  (Read 12740 times)
eternal_newbie

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 10:52:02 AM

I know that a lof you guys like the idea, so do i, and this is why i decided to speed up the release process, so :

Contest N°1

The redaction of a white paper

Object: Proof Of Suicidal
Content: How a blockchain could possibly suicide ? Can the client auto-uninstall after X period of innactivity or N blocks to sync ? What message can be displayed ? Will the wallet.dat be spared from the suicide ? What are the benefits for such protocole or blockchain ? Can it generate coins ? if yes, to who ?
Note: Be creative, anything can be created at this point, my duty will be to keep the project maintained and to help in the development of the white paper.
Reward: The best White paper will be rewarded by 10% of the premine (worth 10.000 SCD)
Delay: Starts on 25/12/2016 ends on 08/01/2017

To participate, just send me a PM with the white paper, and confirm the PM in the Thread with a message like : "White paper contest, submited work"
Anyone can participate, take it easy guys, i want us to have fun developing cool things  Cool

Unfortunately 10.000 SCD is wayyyy to few lol for me to write a paper, with my estimated mcap of this I could buy 100.000s with just a few Euros. I will just write it here and hope for donations. Cheesy My addy is B9KS47zjGf1vxt5k5XigLYbmciFFavU8KA.

Proof of Suicidal

It might be interesting to have coins commit "suicide" when the wallet is NOT online! Like an inverse PoS. Suicide rate would be a fixed percentage of the wallet's amount, like 0.1% each time. I'm not a blockchain programmer so I don't know how difficult this would be.

What is required is:
1) Each wallet keeps track of which addresses hold how many coins, excluding empty addresses.
2) A decentralized method to agree on one non-empty address (like the PoS mechanism).
(Alternatively, agree on any valid address and if its value is zero, nobody loses coins)

If the address agreed on can proof it is online right now by signature (like PoS), it can insert a veto and won't lose any coins. If it is not online, it will be agreed that 0.1% of that addresses coins will commit suicide and be subtracted from the wallet's balance.

This creates a balance between a number desirable objectives:
1) Spending coins in order to not lose them.
2) Keeping the wallet online in order to support the network.
3) Working against inflation to keep the price high even if people are mining
4) If mining gets harder, the value will increase even more because the amount of coins reduces.

The metaphor would be, if one wallet is able to veto, it is still "alive", but probably suicidal. If it does not reply, it committed suicide so that's what we write into the blockchain.  Smiley

That's it basically, feedback is welcome.

I like the idea of deflation to counter the mining-effect.
It might reach some equilibrium, where the total money-supply is somewhat stable.

Pi -network   Mine crypto from your mobile phone
More then 900 000 active users.   Join here: Minepi.com     Referral: ulwima
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 11:21:46 AM

nice proposition, i like the idea of coin suicidal, your arguments are great, and may help to solve some problems regarding deflation.
But i don't hope the coin will go down to 1sat, if the community is more active then the price may stabilise higher, there are no dev here to dump it Smiley
this is why i am developping a new wallet, more interesting then the usual one.

Of course, if you think that 10.000 is a fair reward, you are free to send it to me regardless.  Cool Feedback so far seems to be positive.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
kreatoralex

Activity: 1257
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 12:59:31 PM

The wallet is not synchronized. Give node. I want Mining

Headshotsepp

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 02:56:37 PM

Here are the steps :

-Open a folder
-In the address bar type: %APPDATA%
-There search for Suicide and open the forlder
-Create a new text file and paste the .conf example in the thread

Code:
rpcuser=yourusername
rpcpassword=yourpassword
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0
listen=1
addnode=104.238.190.65
rpcport=8118
port=8119
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

-Rename it to Suicide.conf, don't forget to change password and username
-launch the wallet, wait some and it will sync.
kreatoralex

Activity: 1257
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 03:13:23 PM

Here are the steps :

-Open a folder
-In the address bar type: %APPDATA%
-There search for Suicide and open the forlder
-Create a new text file and paste the .conf example in the thread

Code:
rpcuser=yourusername
rpcpassword=yourpassword
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0
listen=1
addnode=104.238.190.65
rpcport=8118
port=8119
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

-Rename it to Suicide.conf, don't forget to change password and username
-launch the wallet, wait some and it will sync.
Thanks

martob (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 04:35:45 PM

I know that a lof you guys like the idea, so do i, and this is why i decided to speed up the release process, so :
-snip-

I like the idea of deflation to counter the mining-effect.
It might reach some equilibrium, where the total money-supply is somewhat stable.
[/quote]

Yes, deflation is the main concern of altcoins

nice proposition, i like the idea of coin suicidal, your arguments are great, and may help to solve some problems regarding deflation.
But i don't hope the coin will go down to 1sat, if the community is more active then the price may stabilise higher, there are no dev here to dump it Smiley
this is why i am developping a new wallet, more interesting then the usual one.

Of course, if you think that 10.000 is a fair reward, you are free to send it to me regardless.  Cool Feedback so far seems to be positive.

I told you it is a good idea Cheesy Cheesy

interesting to see the reaction of the market. when you plan to add to the exchangers?

Yes, i am curious too

I am also thinking about adding a feature who will make the qt or daemon self-uninstall after x weeks of innactivity. It may be a part of suicide protocole Cheesy
martob (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 06:09:01 PM

For the translations, just write them and send me the link with your Suicide address and i will send you the bounty Smiley
martob (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 12:22:31 PM

scam

Yes ! but please don't post only "scam", say it in a longuer way or you will never be accepted in signature campaign, it may help you in the futur Wink
Be more constructive, ask yourself : Why is it a scam ? Why lets me thinking it is a scam ? How can they proov it is not a scam ? how is the dev ?

I am gonna ask yobit to add the coin.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2016, 01:39:20 PM

scam

Yes ! but please don't post only "scam", say it in a longuer way or you will never be accepted in signature campaign, it may help you in the futur Wink
Be more constructive, ask yourself : Why is it a scam ? Why lets me thinking it is a scam ? How can they proov it is not a scam ? how is the dev ?

Dev really know how to play along,looks like this coin has a good potential in the market,honestly I don't like the name but with a dev like this it looks like they are heading to something great  Cheesy

I'm looking forward to see this on Yobit and to see how traders will react to this ..
Can I offer to list this to my crypto currency directory

martob (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 02:59:50 PM

scam

Dev really know how to play along,looks like this coin has a good potential in the market,honestly I don't like the name but with a dev like this it looks like they are heading to something great  Cheesy

I'm looking forward to see this on Yobit and to see how traders will react to this ..
Can I offer to list this to my crypto currency directory

What a nice message  Cry Cry Cry
I love you  Kiss Kiss
You can list it for sure  Grin
It is so good to have such feedback, maybe you can participate to the contest, i am sure you have some suicide ideas  Wink Wink Grin
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2016, 05:28:38 PM

I have listed your coin to our crypto currency directory and will watch the development of this project,surprise that it's doing great have sent you the link it's up to you to give me some bonus,I'm looking forward for you to get this on Yobit,where we can rumble and rock and roll.

martob (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 06:54:52 PM

I have listed your coin to our crypto currency directory and will watch the development of this project,surprise that it's doing great have sent you the link it's up to you to give me some bonus,I'm looking forward for you to get this on Yobit,where we can rumble and rock and roll.

Sorry, i was with my son, he is born yesterday, thats why i am a little off now Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy his name is Faddy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy my chrismas gift Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
marikzp

Activity: 86

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 07:21:08 AM

Congratulations DEV!
martob (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:54:32 AM

Congratulations DEV!
Thank you a lot Cheesy Cheesy

I just have troubles to sleep  Sad Sad
i will return to the development soon Cheesy

Anyone wants suicide ?
Jester.

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:59:18 AM

perhaps a name change before full launch..  Undecided
martob (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:09:35 AM

perhaps a name change before full launch..  Undecided

Suicide is a great name, it reflects the ideas behinde the project, and the overall meaning of it.
Suicide is the concept, so if i change it, i will have to change project, so the name perfectly fits into it
i am communicating with the exchanges, however i will have to tweet Yobit.
veserus

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:26:37 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2016, 09:37:24 AM by veserus

The Veserus team congratulates you for your new born. It is nice to see a dev who shares his life with the community. We appreciate the way you run your release, alone, and regarding all of these, we decided to offer you a free slot on our next to comme exchange, we aleready checked your coin on Github and we found no problem, plus it compiles without any issue, so we won't have any trouble to list it.
Headshotsepp

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 05:53:44 PM

should we not build a strong Community before we get listed on an exchange because of some mining attacks?
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 06:22:59 PM

If i invested in this coin id want to cut my own throat. lmao.  Cheesy
i'll pass for now but i'll check in to make sure no one offs themselves.
 Cheesy
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:58:41 AM

Still buying at 6.66 SAT if anyone is interested.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: