Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:23:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We've created a new Bitcoin Crowd Funding website - BitGrants.com  (Read 1413 times)
bitgrants (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 03:15:55 PM

Hi All,

We've recently been working our asses off trying to release our new Bitcoin crowd funding platform.

Our website: https://bitgrants.com

We would really appriciate any feedback!

Thanks

BitGrants

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xavier77

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

Xavier

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 03:32:00 PM

Okay, so I am gonna make it fast and short.
1. Create an FAQ. An Https website deserves one. Where is Support? Provide a user-friendly chat.
2. As for verifications, verifying income is obsolete. I believe in providing the admin with a collateral that's agreeable to the loaner. Provide a collateral and get your loans.
3. Nobody cares about address verification, it can be faked. Verify phone.
4. Create an IP check and provide IP to the one providing the loan.
5. Create promotional videos, signature campaigns, promotions for loan funder and/or person asking for loans.
6. The home page doesn't look quite appealing. Look at the difference : https://btcjam.com/ ; https://nebeus.com/ ; https://www.bitbond.com/ etc.

Contact me if you need further help regarding promotions or designs.

BitDice[]               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
bitgrants (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 04:34:21 PM

Thanks for you input!  You raise some interesting points and they will seriously be taken in to consideration.
BestWebCreator

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

:)

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 04:37:04 PM

So if I decide to take a loan from the webiste, is there any way to give a collateral so people can get that when someone defaults on the loan? If there is no collateral option, people will not lend since the internet is too dangerous.
bitgrants (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 04:40:50 PM

Collateral isn't option ATM.  However, regarding your second point of the internet being dangerous:  Plenty of people make money on crowd funding websites as it stands.  You have to balance your risk/reward.
BestWebCreator

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

:)

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 04:52:02 PM

Okay, so I am gonna make it fast and short.
1. Create an FAQ. An Https website deserves one. Where is Support? Provide a user-friendly chat.
2. As for verifications, verifying income is obsolete. I believe in providing the admin with a collateral that's agreeable to the loaner. Provide a collateral and get your loans.
3. Nobody cares about address verification, it can be faked. Verify phone.
4. Create an IP check and provide IP to the one providing the loan.
5. Create promotional videos, signature campaigns, promotions for loan funder and/or person asking for loans.
6. The home page doesn't look quite appealing. Look at the difference : https://btcjam.com/ ; https://nebeus.com/ ; https://www.bitbond.com/ etc.

Contact me if you need further help regarding promotions or designs.
Websites never should reveal any IP address to anyone. Phone verification can also be faked easily, u can buy phone numbers online. I suggest to upload photo/ID for high amount loans.

bitgrants (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 10:54:25 AM

We use IP on the site to check the country of origin.  When users register, our server will record the inbound IP and do a cross check with a IP location database.  Thus, each user's country of origin is displayed on their profile.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 05:00:31 PM

Nice to see more sites targeting the BTC market.
I still think your site has a long way to go. Including the suggestions made above by xavier77 I think the UI needs a lot of work done to it. It still looks in its early stages. People associate trust with quality so having a poor UI will be a deal breaker for a lot of people.
bitgrants (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 05:13:46 PM

Nice to see more sites targeting the BTC market.
I still think your site has a long way to go. Including the suggestions made above by xavier77 I think the UI needs a lot of work done to it. It still looks in its early stages. People associate trust with quality so having a poor UI will be a deal breaker for a lot of people.

Thank you for your kind words!  We are a relatively new site at this moment in time and are constantly looking for ways to improve our offering.  We believe in Bitcoin that's why we're a Bitcoin only Crowd Funding website.  We could have chosen from a multitude of cryptocurrencies, but we went with Bitcoin because we believe it's the main cryptocurrency which will succeed over time.
viziano

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 05:20:32 PM

Such a non-professional site..
I think you should take the time and make a better,more creative looking website.
Not sure if lenders will put money at the moment on this site.

Good luck with this in the future,wish u the best  Wink

...........  FREE DISTRIBUTION TO BTC HOLDERS                                 NEW CONSENSUS ALGORITHM
● Byteball ●.   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
..........  REGULATORY COMPLIANT ASSETS                                       UNTRACEABLE PAYMENTS
bitgrants (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 05:31:10 PM

I think you should take the time and make a better,more creative looking website.

Good luck with this in the future,wish u the best  Wink

We believe the site's functionality is the most important priority.  Adding snazz is also important, but what use is good looking website if UI doesn't work!?  We've spent the majority of our time making sure all our systems function securely, so users can invest with us and have peace of mind.   The UI is an evolving thing, as we progress I'm sure we'll see a few iterations in the overall design.

Thank you for your criticisms - They have been duly noted.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 05:54:03 PM

I don't want to be mean or rude or anything but I will give you my honest point of view here. I highly suggest cancelling your project, the world doesn't need any more lending or crowdfunding platforms as there are plenty of them at the moment and always people are getting scammed.
If you insist and you really want to continue then, I recommend making the platform P2P and decentralized (without the need of verifying ID , passport or address) , I mean take a look at Bitcointalk lending section , the loans are going just fine and we don't hear scams often.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitgrants (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 06:07:10 PM

I don't want to be mean or rude or anything but I will give you my honest point of view here. I highly suggest cancelling your project, the world doesn't need any more lending or crowdfunding platforms as there are plenty of them at the moment and always people are getting scammed.
If you insist and you really want to continue then, I recommend making the platform P2P and decentralized (without the need of verifying ID , passport or address) , I mean take a look at Bitcointalk lending section , the loans are going just fine and we don't hear scams often.

I'm sorry to inform you but we're in it for the long term.  I personally don't care if the site isn't an overnight success, but we'll get there eventually.  As long as we build a good community of trustworthy individuals (like BitcoinTalk's community - as you mentioned) then we will be fine.  Lots of new people are entering in to the Bitcoin space, it would be foolish to think it's all said and done in the crowd funding scene, or to say that their are any clear winners.   It's a big open market, with plenty of space for us all.
SparkedDev

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 03:34:15 AM

Quick question did you guys use a script for this site?
Some of the code seems a bit dated, also the design seems a bit poor for something like this.
Ill look into more but dev tools in chrome and ff are calling errors all over the place.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bitgrants (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 08:50:37 AM

Quick question did you guys use a script for this site?
Some of the code seems a bit dated, also the design seems a bit poor for something like this.
Ill look into more but dev tools in chrome and ff are calling errors all over the place.

Could you please report the errors you're receving?
bitgrants (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 03:56:53 PM

I haven't been able to find any errors you referred to by looking at Chrome and FF console output.  Please let me know if your error(s) persist.
TRF

Activity: 322
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 12:06:47 PM

Big Scam Platform!

See here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1754386.new#new

Zohaib_Ali

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 01:21:19 PM

Hello, is your website down? Because it is not loading here.
Bungeebones

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 07:38:21 PM

Good luck with this in the future,wish u the best  Wink

We believe the site's functionality is the most important priority.  Adding snazz is also important, but what use is good looking website if UI doesn't work!?  We've spent the majority of our time making sure all our systems function securely, so users can invest with us and have peace of mind.   The UI is an evolving thing, as we progress I'm sure we'll see a few iterations in the overall design.

Thank you for your criticisms - They have been duly noted.

I agree that "the site's functionality is the most important priority". It's hard to top Google in the area of functionality but look at their home page - a single picture and a form input! Sometimes, simple is best.

I have a very different kind of crowdsourcing need that requires some "thinking outside the box". Maybe it might give you ideas ...Maybe you can help? I need and use web traffic as capital. I don't need capital in the form of cash, definitely don't want or need fiat capital but I might be able to use a little Bitcoin capital. But what I really need is web traffic from websites and I treat web traffic as money (and capital) and offer both short-term and long-term ROI on it..

As you, yourselves, are busy promoting and building, building and promoting on and on - people come to your website to check it out. And ... you don't currently monetize that. While most may think that "trickle" of web traffic isn't worth anything, I look at it as a source of capital IF AND WHEN it can be aggregated with a bunch of other web traffic (from other sites) into a larger, more marketable block. I do that, through this API, and now your site can sell that larger block to the visitors you do get. It is much easier to sell a large block of traffic than a little one.

Here's where the traffic turns into capital ... there is a chance (yes, investing is risky) you may never make a sale (and therefore never earn anything for your web traffic) BUT there is also a chance you may sell to a really good customer that buys lots of web advertising from the "block" for a long time. We built our commission system in such a way it pays you 50% of what they pay, perpetually, for as long as they continue to pay. The amount can even increase if, for example, the block of traffic gets larger and the buyer increases their purchases (i.e. it is always 50%).

Then, if that isn't a sweet enough deal (for what is very likely not a lot of traffic), then we'll add another commission layer that says if we can recruit that advertiser to also install the FREE API then you will get generous overrides on their sales too (after all, they found out about US because of YOU). And the chances are pretty good that we can recruit them and that they aren't selling their web traffic either

ruselbd

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 08:53:54 PM

Pleasant to see more locales focusing on the BTC showcase.

Despite everything I think your site has far to go. Counting the recommendations made above I think the you needs a considerable measure of work done to it. Despite everything it looks in its initial stages. Individuals relate trust with quality so having a poor UI will be a major issue for many people.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: