Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:46:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can trading be considered as gambling??  (Read 21228 times)
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 03:35:46 PM

Yes it is can, trading be considered as gambling if the traders doesn't use analysis technical or fundamental,
it is mean they open order buy or sell depend on their lucky,
they open order buy or sell not depend on condition of market and analysis, they play gambling on trading.
That is make opinions trading is gambling.
You're right but that move is just useless if you only consider your luck , it is battle of luck to other traders . Trading is a serious play as gambling if you want to earn profits .They have chances if you pick the right Altcoin without knowing that it is a good coin .Gambling will be not to it your luck will depends on your own hands especially computer programmed games.

Trading can never be the same like gamble, due to in gambling you are throwing your money and relying their luck most of the time in the games without using any analysis, that's gambling. While in trading this is a kind of investment and assets where you are analysing the things to come up of how or what are going to do to make it grow in a fastest but with a little prediction. Because you don't wanna lose your investment. So patience is very much needed for you to gain your profit in trading.
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 03:53:55 PM

We associate gambling as something that you're playing cards, dice, roulette, and you'll have to bet your money to do so. But by definition, yes, gambling means taking a risk. When you're trading, you're basically gambling your money.

Only difference is the fact that when you're doing the typical gambling game, you're risking your whole money and when you lose, all of them will be lost. In trading, you can prevent having more losses by selling your coins when the price is starting to decrease. You can't lose 100% of your money in trading unless it goes from a really high price to 1 satoshi per coin.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 04:19:58 PM

Long term positions aren't luck, or that is what I like to think. I agree with the investor Warren Buffet, with the notion that you cannot predict when something is going to happen, but you can predict what is going to happen, or at least with bigger chances than when.

I know bitcoin will be a huge thing, I dont know when, but it will, therefore, hold long term.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 02:39:53 AM

i think trading can not be consider as gambling, because gambling depend on your experience and skill. while in gambling we totally depend on luck. but trading can be more worst if we are not playing it in a write way. if we do not have any skill and experience in trading.
What kind of experience do you need to gamble.If you have the money and the guts to do so you can very well be a gambler and you do not need any skills or experience for that and you need luck when you are gambling as well as when you are trading as timing is important while entering and exiting a trade and it all depends upon your luck.
I think it is better that if you are going to gamble you first have the experience of playing the games with play money or with a very low amount of bitcoin, since some of the games can be confusing at first and you may lose money by mistake while you bet.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 03:32:52 AM

i think trading can not be consider as gambling, because gambling depend on your experience and skill. while in gambling we totally depend on luck. but trading can be more worst if we are not playing it in a write way. if we do not have any skill and experience in trading.
What kind of experience do you need to gamble.If you have the money and the guts to do so you can very well be a gambler and you do not need any skills or experience for that and you need luck when you are gambling as well as when you are trading as timing is important while entering and exiting a trade and it all depends upon your luck.
I think it is better that if you are going to gamble you first have the experience of playing the games with play money or with a very low amount of bitcoin, since some of the games can be confusing at first and you may lose money by mistake while you bet.
Games are fun but when we do it to win then we should be focusing more on a game that we know very well. Games that should be considered are those games with no house edge as we know we will lose in the long run if we keep playing with it. I suggest you play sports betting if you love sports, actually you can start with small amount in any sports book, after you learn that is the time to put a more serious bankroll.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 03:56:11 AM

the only people who ever tried to play both of which can differentiate trading, and gambling. when you gamble, it will be very much fun that you get, but in trading will only be tension, because if it does not fit with your predictions, then you will lose. Well, of course gambling, and trading is completely different, although both require skill, but trading requires accurate information to make a profit.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 04:05:47 AM

the only people who ever tried to play both of which can differentiate trading, and gambling. when you gamble, it will be very much fun that you get, but in trading will only be tension, because if it does not fit with your predictions, then you will lose. Well, of course gambling, and trading is completely different, although both require skill, but trading requires accurate information to make a profit.

In my opinion, in gambling you don't need that much of skill. Games are mostly dependent on lucky, that is why it is called risky since you have no idea on what will happen to your bets. While in trading, you can speculate, look at the records/bids and by that you could came up with a conclusion that is almost accurate. I consider trading as nearly a gambling when we are a beginner, since most of the time when we are new at trading, all we did is to guess.

Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 08:04:53 AM

Trading could not be considered as gambling because you are investing an amount and you expected a return on your investments in the future. Although some says that It’s somewhat like gambling because of the risk involved on unpredictable trend that may happen on the money or altcoins that you have invested on the trading site like CCEX.You cannot consider trading that it’s the same with gambling and it’s totally not due to its high profit gaining possibility, along  with an enough skills that you have acquired during the time of your learning days. In gambling you cannot learn how to have emotional control on decisions because all you wanted is fun out of profit but in trading you learned to have patience and self control, most specially the profit that you will get from the investments that you decided to trade.

poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 08:14:52 AM

i did , and based on my opinion both trading and gambling are pretty similar. i feel sometimes there is no difference between trading and gambling when frustated have a bad analysis causing a lot of loss in trading. and sometimes feel that better to gambling rather than wasting time in trading , don't know which one true, imho it's different idk.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 01:52:13 PM

i did , and based on my opinion both trading and gambling are pretty similar. i feel sometimes there is no difference between trading and gambling when frustated have a bad analysis causing a lot of loss in trading. and sometimes feel that better to gambling rather than wasting time in trading , don't know which one true, imho it's different idk.
Trading requires patience to make a profit. And yes if anyone gets face back to back loss in any business people will get frustrated, and they will think of another source to overcome to that loss. But take time and think you will get to know which is better. The gambling is not good to compare Trading. Once you become a pro in trading, you will make money in this method. But in gambling, if you pro also there is not sure that you will make money or not.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 03:20:34 PM

Trading is a kind of gambling to those who don't know anything how trading works and those who don't have any kind of skills in general. I have done trading on iqoption as they need minimum investment of 10$ and didn't know anything about it and somehow I reached 300$ I think it is like gambling but later when I tried again i lost so think you can play it as gambling but I would recommend you to gamble instead of trading.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1372
Merit: 623

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 03:36:34 PM

Trading is a kind of gambling to those who don't know anything how trading works and those who don't have any kind of skills in general. I have done trading on iqoption as they need minimum investment of 10$ and didn't know anything about it and somehow I reached 300$ I think it is like gambling but later when I tried again i lost so think you can play it as gambling but I would recommend you to gamble instead of trading.
Trading will never be gambling because you are just buy and sell.. and we are relaying  in the price movement..
A gambling is just like if you are bet and lose you will never get them back or recover.. unlike in trading if the price of altcoin is going to low or decreases you can be still sell and recover few of your loses..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 04:34:50 PM

So how about when someone who have no idea about investment but then do invest however.
You will say that investment as gambling too? The meaning of gambling itself is actually simple.
Anything that done randomly, baseless and hoping for benefit but you don't know how to make it happen then it is called gambling.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 04:49:05 PM

Trading requires patience to make a profit. And yes if anyone gets face back to back loss in any business people will get frustrated, and they will think of another source to overcome to that loss. But take time and think you will get to know which is better. The gambling is not good to compare Trading. Once you become a pro in trading, you will make money in this method. But in gambling, if you pro also there is not sure that you will make money or not.
- Right, the trading will bring great results in the long term. In trading, with the strategy and particular analysis you can bring huge profits. Trading is very interesting and it is very suitable for people want to give up gambling, because the nature of trading is gambling, money is not automatically born, if you earn money, other people will lose money

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
rekinthis

Activity: 658

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 05:30:24 PM

Yes it is can, trading be considered as gambling if the traders doesn't use analysis technical or fundamental,
it is mean they open order buy or sell depend on their lucky,
they open order buy or sell not depend on condition of market and analysis, they play gambling on trading.
That is make opinions trading is gambling.
You're right but that move is just useless if you only consider your luck , it is battle of luck to other traders . Trading is a serious play as gambling if you want to earn profits .They have chances if you pick the right Altcoin without knowing that it is a good coin .Gambling will be not to it your luck will depends on your own hands especially computer programmed games.

Trading can never be the same like gamble, due to in gambling you are throwing your money and relying their luck most of the time in the games without using any analysis, that's gambling. While in trading this is a kind of investment and assets where you are analysing the things to come up of how or what are going to do to make it grow in a fastest but with a little prediction. Because you don't wanna lose your investment. So patience is very much needed for you to gain your profit in trading.

"relying their luck most of the time in the games without using any analysis" Well, don't we do same in trading? we analyse currencies, try to predict how their price will change in far or near future, and in the end we still rely on luck buying/selling currency at specific time. Trading and gambling are different things, but they do have a lot in common

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
splitups

Activity: 117
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 05:59:34 PM

Depending on how you do it IMO, if it's random and you have absolutely no idea on what you are doing then it's gambling, seen that plenty of times in forex trading, if you are following indicators and the like it's still little bit like gambling but not totally random at least -even stock trading is gambling since you aren't sure of the outcome-.
Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 06:09:40 PM

Trading can probably be considered a gamble. Because you never know the outcome, it all depends on your estimation if how much you know the movements of the market. That is why people say that trading experts can earn good profit in trading, it is because they know the flow of the markets, otherwise they would also lose money us because we just put our money on a coin hoping for it to rise but we don't know what will be the outcome.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 06:48:20 PM

Trading can probably be considered a gamble. Because you never know the outcome, it all depends on your estimation if how much you know the movements of the market. That is why people say that trading experts can earn good profit in trading, it is because they know the flow of the markets, otherwise they would also lose money us because we just put our money on a coin hoping for it to rise but we don't know what will be the outcome.
When you trade just depending upon your raw assumptions like price will go up or down then you are simply risking for your luck factor which is holding the prime role in gambling.

If an estimation is derived with some calculations then the role of assumption and consequently involvement of luck factors are getting eliminated and hence we can have a safer trading which cannot be compered with gambling.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:00:40 PM

That's right, trading is considered as a gamble because there are still risks when trading, you never know might happen
There still might be some price change that you forget to look out that's why you were being dissapointed. If I will be trading and I don't know what will be the pros and cons, that will be absurd, not knowing it first.
Before trading first time, I must read some articles or tips here posted in these forum for a head start. Many experts are here to answer your queries about trading but not all, try to find the other answers on your own.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 08:34:54 PM

That's right, trading is considered as a gamble because there are still risks when trading, you never know might happen
There still might be some price change that you forget to look out that's why you were being dissapointed. If I will be trading and I don't know what will be the pros and cons, that will be absurd, not knowing it first.
Before trading first time, I must read some articles or tips here posted in these forum for a head start. Many experts are here to answer your queries about trading but not all, try to find the other answers on your own.

Well of course "trader" like you who does not know how to really trade and even does not know what trading means will always think that trading is like gambling.  It will be a pain in the ass explaining that these two have different kind or risk since I think you do not know what  controlled risk means.  Anyway just keep on trading blindly and learn trading the hardway Smiley  Keep on gambling even if you are trading.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: