Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 02:04:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can trading be considered as gambling??  (Read 21225 times)
Turox

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:00:58 AM

It seems so, I'm not sure that there is a definite way to get profit from trading, everything is uncertain and is similar to gambling that relies on luck.
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 03:20:21 AM

It seems so, I'm not sure that there is a definite way to get profit from trading, everything is uncertain and is similar to gambling that relies on luck.

All I can say is profit in trading is a little closer to gambling, but in trading you can learn it and when you learn how to do it, the risk is not as big as what you can get in gambling. Besides, the loss in trading is not as big as what you can get in gambling, in trading, wrong timing means no profit and a little loss, while in gambling, everything is uncertain, you bet, you wait, you will lose it all in an instant.  Smiley

Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:59:24 AM

All I can say is profit in trading is a little closer to gambling, but in trading you can learn it and when you learn how to do it, the risk is not as big as what you can get in gambling. Besides, the loss in trading is not as big as what you can get in gambling, in trading, wrong timing means no profit and a little loss, while in gambling, everything is uncertain, you bet, you wait, you will lose it all in an instant.  Smiley

quickest way to lose money is gambling but if you do have some patience and wanted to learn a lot better to move to trading and make your assessment and study be applied, in most cases trading can lessen big loses and make it to bounce back with proper knowledge unlike in gambling
if you lose , you lose it all and trying to bounce back will let you fall to keep losing and losing your money.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:11:59 AM

quickest way to lose money is gambling but if you do have some patience and wanted to learn a lot better to move to trading and make your assessment and study be applied, in most cases trading can lessen big loses and make it to bounce back with proper knowledge unlike in gambling
if you lose , you lose it all and trying to bounce back will let you fall to keep losing and losing your money.
Yes gambling is the quickest way to lose money and also make money. You have luck you will make a big profit in one day. But in gambling luck will not come daily. So trading is best it will take the time to give returns, but if you wait patiently you will get good returns at the end. Trading is the best way to make money through Bitcoin.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:39:16 AM

Yes gambling is the quickest way to lose money and also make money. You have luck you will make a big profit in one day. But in gambling luck will not come daily. So trading is best it will take the time to give returns, but if you wait patiently you will get good returns at the end. Trading is the best way to make money through Bitcoin.

Trading and gambling is the same. One thing in common is that both trading and gambling will profit the site owner the most and the second is that people could actually become rich from it with some luck. Trading rely on luck as well the same with gambling therefore dont think that this stuff is just for everyone
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 07:45:29 AM

the only people who ever tried to play both of which can differentiate trading, and gambling. when you gamble, it will be very much fun that you get, but in trading will only be tension, because if it does not fit with your predictions, then you will lose. Well, of course gambling, and trading is completely different, although both require skill, but trading requires accurate information to make a profit.
i did , and based on my opinion both trading and gambling are pretty similar. i feel sometimes there is no difference between trading and gambling when frustated have a bad analysis causing a lot of loss in trading. and sometimes feel that better to gambling rather than wasting time in trading , don't know which one true, imho it's different idk.
Trading requires patience to make a profit. And yes if anyone gets face back to back loss in any business people will get frustrated, and they will think of another source to overcome to that loss. But take time and think you will get to know which is better. The gambling is not good to compare Trading. Once you become a pro in trading, you will make money in this method. But in gambling, if you pro also there is not sure that you will make money or not.
tell who have successfully become a pro trader and get a steady income, life well and making profit since first day until the end their career? i guess there only few people only. and the rest are suffering lost in trading. if so then there's no difference with gambling? where there's only a little number of gambler who successfully get profit and  mostly lost / broke.

well, trading and making a living from trading is not such a common job. but the reason for that is the fact that trading is risky and will bring a lot of stress to the investors aka day-traders. and this stressful situation is not so desirable for everyone.

but it is perfectly possible to make a living from trading and there are many who are doing this. they are called day-traders and they trade Forex, stocks,.... and lots of things every day and make a very good amount of money.
so you think a day trader wouldn't suffering lost? i don't think so , in the long run you need a consistency which hard to achieved. it's feels like there's no difference between trading and gambling so yeah you could always feel and consider trading as gambling . experience and skill are just one of many factor could make you get profit in trading but it's doesn't provide you a guarantee winning which means it's still uncertain.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 08:25:53 AM

- Yes, Gambling does not provide stable income and safety for players, everyone loses for a long time. Lucky not create income for you, only the skills, experience and analysis can help you create income and trading is a choose suitable. In trading, you use your knowledge to make a profit in the long run and lucky is a part to help you succeed. In gambling, we completely rely on luck, knowledge does not help us too much and in the long term we will have more losses and even bankruptcy or debt

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
yueno

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Yueno

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:17:02 AM

- Yes, Gambling does not provide stable income and safety for players, everyone loses for a long time. Lucky not create income for you, only the skills, experience and analysis can help you create income and trading is a choose suitable. In trading, you use your knowledge to make a profit in the long run and lucky is a part to help you succeed. In gambling, we completely rely on luck, knowledge does not help us too much and in the long term we will have more losses and even bankruptcy or debt

For me its a no because tradinh is for prediction only it is part of your knowledge you buy or sell just follow the basic principle and rules of trading which is buy low and sell high.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:07:51 AM

For me its a no because tradinh is for prediction only it is part of your knowledge you buy or sell just follow the basic principle and rules of trading which is buy low and sell high.
it's quite different, though similar, but it takes knowledge, and different information to make a profit on both. gambling may be more in need of good luck, but, trading requires more than just luck, and information, as well as a good skill.
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 10:21:28 AM

Trading and gambling is the same. One thing in common is that both trading and gambling will profit the site owner the most and the second is that people could actually become rich from it with some luck. Trading rely on luck as well the same with gambling therefore dont think that this stuff is just for everyone
You have a point.
But for me trading and gambling is not the same after all.
In trading you can use some strategy to get more profit and not will depend on our luck.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:32:23 AM

You have a point.
In trading you can use some strategy to get more profit and not will depend on our luck.

Trading sometimes is dependent on luck as you'll never know when will other parties would start to dump their coins or when is the pump going to pump..  But that's true, in time you could learn how to trade with strategy, and you will came to the point where you are already confident, specially in altcoin trading...  Smiley
Malsetid

Activity: 924

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:16:29 AM

You have a point.

Trading sometimes is dependent on luck as you'll never know when will other parties would start to dump their coins or when is the pump going to pump..  But that's true, in time you could learn how to trade with strategy, and you will came to the point where you are already confident, specially in altcoin trading...  Smiley

Yeah there's the difference there. When you become experienced in both trading and gambling, i think that's the time that you'll detrrmine why they are not quite the same. When you are experienced in trading alrrady, you can be more aggressive as you'll have a lot of information about alt coibs and how they move and this will actually be beneficial as most of the time you'd be able to predict the right timing of buying and selling alt coins. When you're experienced in gambling though, you'll know how to rrstrain and control yourself so that you won't be losing a lot. The results of trading is a lot more predictable than gambling so when you gamble, you have to know hiw to propwrly manage your bankroll. If you get too aggressive, chances are you'll lose money

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 12:50:22 PM

In trading, if you want to make some money then first you should understand how these trading works then only you should try with small amounts until you know the complete process of trading. Without any knowledge, if you trade then it is almost similar to gambling because it also becomes a guessing game like gambling.
PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:20:47 PM

I want to know what you guys think about this, I have stopped gambling but still trade so does this mean I am still gambling?? I don't trade on basis of luck I trade using my skills would it still be considered gambling??

Please tell me what do you think.
trading may be considered gambling ? I think it's incorrect but also not wrong. Basically business is not gambling, it is the activities of individuals or organizations that profit purposes through a variety of activities such as: management, marketing, finance, accounting, manufacturing. But successful business problems is not an easy thing. If you do not have experience, at that time that the trading is gambling for you, you will have to make decisions as the betting in this gambling. However it is only a small part when you first start trading. If you study a lot of experience, know how to analyze, you can be successful and trading is not gambling for you.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:25:22 PM

What do you mean mate of "not sure that there is a definite way to get profit from trading", I guess you have to try it to trade on so you can see on how much you can have, which is the profit we called, experience can tell you on that, but still luck is much needed on that thing, and the risk on trading.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:45:18 PM

Trading is part luck part knowledge, while most gambling games are luck based. trading is the way to make some money, all you gotta do is get yourself good at charts and buy/sell at right time!  Wink
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:58:32 PM

Trading is part luck part knowledge, while most gambling games are luck based. trading is the way to make some money, all you gotta do is get yourself good at charts and buy/sell at right time!  Wink

Guess you've said it all but I will like to add that trading cannot be gambling unless you don't know what you're about. That's why there's the need for some basic knowledge in financial management and trading before you embark on risking money on real trading.
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:42:45 PM

That is the concept of trading. Looking at the charts and following the news and entering and exiting at the right time is the best practice to make some money through trading and gambling is based entirely on luck and you really cannot determine the outcome while gambling.
boyptc

Activity: 3024
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:49:34 AM

What do you mean mate of "not sure that there is a definite way to get profit from trading", I guess you have to try it to trade on so you can see on how much you can have, which is the profit we called, experience can tell you on that, but still luck is much needed on that thing, and the risk on trading.

He is saying that the profit in trading is unstable and it's hard to get if you are into it. Maybe that is what he is telling about trading. And risk is the only thing that we can consider and compare with trading. Besides there is no other way to compare trading as gambling, it's only like you are wagering your money for profit.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 06:55:03 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2017, 01:20:54 AM by The_Dark_Knight

If you trade altcoins than yes it is like kind o gambng,most of them are scams,hypes you nver know whan thay disapear,genrally trading is not gambling.trading is simply buy sell to get a profit.In gambling you have small chance to make profit
Trading altcoins that offer nothing new is risky since those coins don’t have a long term future at all, but investing in coins that offer new solution or a new way to do something offer a great opportunity to profit from them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: