Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:33:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can trading be considered as gambling??  (Read 21228 times)
Termin4tor

Activity: 404
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:13:15 PM

No. Of course, there is a risk in the trade, but this is a completely different direction in which, with the help of knowledge and analysis, one can constantly earn money.

Yeah you are right but the opposite will happen if a person decides to blindly invest on stocks/coins without any form of analysis. In that case we can say its a form of gambling.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:34:20 PM

No. Of course, there is a risk in the trade, but this is a completely different direction in which, with the help of knowledge and analysis, one can constantly earn money.

Yeah you are right but the opposite will happen if a person decides to blindly invest on stocks/coins without any form of analysis. In that case we can say its a form of gambling.
That's right ,some of the gamblers who have abad experience in trading goes in gambling because they think trading is a hard time to learn skills and it is given to lose in the first when you are a newbie as a learning stage then if you just buy the coin what other said you might only lose because you didn't ever know when to sell your coins.Where areas trading is a different into gambling in terms of luck , profit and using skills.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
bncbnc

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:23:31 PM

I want to know what you guys think about this, I have stopped gambling but still trade so does this mean I am still gambling?? I don't trade on basis of luck I trade using my skills would it still be considered gambling??

Please tell me what do you think.
No as for me trading is not a gamble they have a bid differences like gamble you can only depend on your luck if you have no luck on gambling i a sure you that what ever you do you can't win. But on trading that base how you manage your skills and timing.

Also i see mostly people do trading but not playing gambling.
Because we know that gambling and trading both have differences and the main difference is that gambling is full of games and in trading we are not playing games, we just sell and buy and in trading it is a save than gambling.

According to my knowledge Trading and Gambling both are same it means both are a profitable area. Differences are trading need investment to start a business and wait for a long time to develop the business and needs a lot of knowledge, the lot of efforts and take too much risk in taking the decision for developing the business. once the business is the stand profit will coming every year but Gambling has not required any employees, skill, effort and no retirement in the business only require luck for earning the money.

I think you considered different trading. Here op has asked about altcoin trading most probably. In altcoin trading we can do day trading as well. So, we need not to wait for long. What I feel is both are quite comparable. But in trading person makes a guess after calculating many factors. So, it requires luck and skills whereas gambling is all about luck leaving some kind of gambling where skill do play small part.
to me in different situation we can consider trading as gambling, for example if we want to trade but we do not have any experience in trading, we even do not have any trading skill. and if we also do not have any knowledge and analysis about trading and if we are totally depending on our luck for profit then trading can be consider as gambling, because in gambling we do not need for any experience and skill and we totally depending there on our luck.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:51:42 PM

That's right ,some of the gamblers who have abad experience in trading goes in gambling because they think trading is a hard time to learn skills and it is given to lose in the first when you are a newbie as a learning stage then if you just buy the coin what other said you might only lose because you didn't ever know when to sell your coins.Where areas trading is a different into gambling in terms of luck , profit and using skills.

Well generally speaking, you're gambling with your money when you trade as anything you that has an uncertain result is already a gamble. Thoug it differs from gambling game itself because you're making a calculated gamble based in hard facts and stats which makes it less riskier than when you play dice or any luck reliant gambling games

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:59:15 PM

I want to know what you guys think about this, I have stopped gambling but still trade so does this mean I am still gambling?? I don't trade on basis of luck I trade using my skills would it still be considered gambling??

Maybe to some other people trading is just the same thing in gambling. But for me, trading has big difference to gambling, in gambling you will loss first big amount of money before you win in the games.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:14:03 PM

Maybe to some other people trading is just the same thing in gambling. But for me, trading has big difference to gambling, in gambling you will loss first big amount of money before you win in the games.

I don't know, how op get the thought about trading with this comparison. Gambling is most riskiest investment option bitcoin but trading is preferable option for most of the people in the forum and outiside. Need to follow the price changes and work on it get the profit with the tactics. In gambling you need to depend on the luck factor only.
moooonu

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:30:45 PM

First of all you POV about gambling is not clear at all. Its not necessary to loss first big amount of money before winning.

However, trading is alot different than gambling as trading need skills and deep knowledge about crypto coins but in gambling its probability which controls your bets. A deep knowledge and market research about a cryptocoin can lead you to make profit with time. I also know a lot of people who makes a living with trading and some lost it all in gambling.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:32:08 PM

I don't know, how op get the thought about trading with this comparison. Gambling is most riskiest investment option bitcoin but trading is preferable option for most of the people in the forum and outiside. Need to follow the price changes and work on it get the profit with the tactics. In gambling you need to depend on the luck factor only.

Gamblers will do trading to get back there loss. But the real traders never choose to gamble to waste their bitcoins. They only concentrate on their business. And trading is a profitable business, gambling it is a game here win, and loss depends on our luck. 1st preference is Luck next skills. but in trading 1st preference is skills and next luck.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002

= jasad =

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:09:40 PM

No, can not. Trading and gambling are both at risk, but they are completely different. The purpose of trading and gambling is equally to make money. Trading makes money through real business, while gambling makes money through a game. So trading can not be considered as gambling.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:21:40 PM

Trading and gambling are similar in many ways. You have good and bad gamblers, and you also have good and bad traders. Both require skill, patience, strict discipline and the right amount of luck.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:06:09 AM

Depends on how you are trading. If you are new to it and don't have much experience, and are trading on your gut, then it will be considered gambling. But trading in general isn't gambling. It requires a lot of analysis.
I agree, gambling will not be considered as trading because it will always different for me, gambling is risky you can lose money in a short time, while trading, we can trade our money and we can earn in a long run. We need to be patient enough so that we can achieve what we want in trading.

not just for you, i think for mostly traders that usually playing gambling too. they will think that trading is not considered as gambling because there are many aspect that is really different. if we take a look in the risk, both have the same risk, we can always loss our money but in trading, if we realize, we don't loss our money but our money is transformed into another form and ready to help us to make money in future.
Yes, they are risky, gambling and trading have their own risk, but I think it is more risky in gambling, especially in a short time we can lose a lot of money in one click, unlike trading, if we learned and fully understand trading for sure we can have a lot of earnings in a long run.
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:18:13 AM

Can trading be considered as gambling? No. But both of them are risky to take. For me, it's better to invest your money in any gambling sites than trading because in trading, you don't have any idea or exact date where your money will return to you. You will be clueless as possible but in gambling you just have to analyze and then bet
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 06:59:01 AM

People because of think gambling and trading same, because of risk.
Only risk is same in both fields, that the reason many people think that trading is like gambling.
But i am also with you, because i also don't think that gambling like trading. The way of playing and doing trading is difference and we use different strategy and tricks in both to earn money.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:31:32 AM

Can trading be considered as gambling? No. But both of them are risky to take. For me, it's better to invest your money in any gambling sites than trading because in trading, you don't have any idea or exact date where your money will return to you. You will be clueless as possible but in gambling you just have to analyze and then bet
risking can be a perfect term for this as we knew that both consider high risk of our investment but there's some advantage if we knew where our interest is, if we like to learn gambling there's a lots of information outside the web that we can use in order to assess properly and likewise with trading and this forum is the perfect venue to learn a lot.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:32:31 AM

Pretty much that everything that is uncertain is the same as gamble. You might not like it but unless you receive a regular paycheck every month then everything that you do apart from that is pretty much gamble. You might have business, investment or whatever but in the end the results are uncertain and you cant expect things to be good all the time
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:09:39 AM

Of course trading is very different from gambling. Yup, gamble betting on the move to choose one option with high speculation elements.
Trading only sees the rises and fall of prices made land for business. This is a way of buying and selling is always done with various calculations and analysis. Whereas a gambler or gambler usually has a dependency to always try his luck and speculation. Not only that, usually they also doing it repeatedly in order to get satisfaction and high euphoria no matter whether the profit or loss later. Many gamblers say gambling is not a profession but a hobby.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:47:46 AM

Oh yes trading can be considered as gambling under certain circumstances. Which by the way must not be wrong, however it may reduce your chances to make profits on a constant basis. When you can not repeat a trade, or you don't know why you made profit in a certain trade, it is gambling imo. Quality traders know when, where and how to open and close a position in the market.
Lots of the new people who are trading, open and close often their positions completely random. This is gambling imo.
AjithBtc

Activity: 1666
Merit: 276

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:45:24 AM

Trading and gambling are similar in many ways. You have good and bad gamblers, and you also have good and bad traders. Both require skill, patience, strict discipline and the right amount of luck.
Not that similar in many ways, but in the form of risking money both or more or less equal. Things takes place in a profitable manner based on the luck one has got and other than this some gets beginners luck that need to be used in the right way than losing through unwanted and unplanned moves.

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1138

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:54:27 AM

If you are doing blind and unplanned tradings then this would really be like gambling because you do risk your money without any assurance or proper plan which we know that trading does really require knowledge in able to be profitable. Gambling is just really for pure entertainment and i can say that this has more risk than on doing trading.

EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:17:20 AM

No, can not. Trading and gambling are both at risk, but they are completely different. The purpose of trading and gambling is equally to make money. Trading makes money through real business, while gambling makes money through a game. So trading can not be considered as gambling.
the real point are not about both equally has risk and has a target to make money.

but more to about how trading guessing the price based on several factors which recognized as the most influence factor and gambling guessing the outcome of certain game based on feeling or even nothing just make a random choice. you may can see a clear difference so far right?

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: