Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:29:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Now that Monero's GUI is out, what will people complain about next?  (Read 2814 times)
Danimore

Activity: 294
Merit: 123

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2016, 04:21:00 PM

Well, it was a long time in coming, but the Monero GUI is finally out. What's the next thing trolls are going to complain about? The 'cripplemine' is pretty much debunked, and now Bitfinex trades it, so 'but muh one exchange' is also a dead end. I guess the only thing left is "the community says mean things about scamcoins, they're a bunch of jerks".

Discuss.
I had also some issues with this Gui. Hope I'm wrong

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
sui_generis

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 04:22:44 PM

Probably the name. But kind of want to put odds on it--though then it becomes another "gambling" coin.
I've always thought that Monero has the best name of any cryptocurrency. Better than Bitcoin. Bitcoin sounds like some nerd thing. Monero just makes me think money.

Monero have catching name.

What is most funny is DASH changed its name 2 times and they end up with teh one that make them have troubles with Apple and when you google DASH you cant find much infos on first page of hits about any cryptocurency. Smiley
I see laundry detergent  Cheesy
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2016, 05:37:45 PM

Probably the name. But kind of want to put odds on it--though then it becomes another "gambling" coin.
I've always thought that Monero has the best name of any cryptocurrency. Better than Bitcoin. Bitcoin sounds like some nerd thing. Monero just makes me think money.

Monero have catching name.

What is most funny is DASH changed its name 2 times and they end up with teh one that make them have troubles with Apple and when you google DASH you cant find much infos on first page of hits about any cryptocurency. Smiley
I see laundry detergent  Cheesy

You guys are out-of-order, Dash is the best name of any digital mash of features thrown together to entangle the uninitiated into a maze of technobabblery.

iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 05:48:57 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2016, 02:49:14 AM by iamnotback

I always thought it sounded like Monopoly play money, not real money.

And given all the trolling the Monerotards did on the forums, it became synonymous in my mind to Moaneuro = Moaning + failed eurozone.

Or Moanuro, sounded like cow manure with mooing (moaning) cows.

The pompous, holier than thou attitude of the community was basically a major turnoff and always will be.

Also basically just thieves, trying to rip off technology from others and "open source" it. They haven't had one unique idea/technology of their own of any significance. Even Shen-noether's (and that dude is a pompous asshurl) RingCT is an obvious extention of Maxwell's CT (and even I had figured out how to combine CCT with CN rings before or about the same time that Shen et all did, so whoopie-doo because I am not even a cryptographer not even have sufficient math background in algebraic geometry, elliptic curves, etc).

fluffypony seems like a nice guy though. Any way, whatever. Let's see what happens...
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 07:48:07 PM

Now that Monero's GUI is out, what will people complain about next?

How long it took to create the GUI (2 years?) will be an ongoing concern as it applies to future improvements to Monero.

I've got nothing against Monero but the lack of a GUI has always been a huge red flag.  GUI for all platforms should have been first and foremost.  One can make all the excuses they want but its a glaring fact and reflects badly on the skill level of Monero devs. Two years is disgraceful.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 02:45:49 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2016, 03:46:06 AM by Spoetnik

Now that Monero's GUI is out, what will people complain about next?

How long it took to create the GUI (2 years?) will be an ongoing concern as it applies to future improvements to Monero.

I've got nothing against Monero but the lack of a GUI has always been a huge red flag.  GUI for all platforms should have been first and foremost.  One can make all the excuses they want but its a glaring fact and reflects badly on the skill level of Monero devs. Two years is disgraceful.

Their launch was botched but they had no intention in stalling the final public release.
They could have spent a long amount of time and effort pushing ANON tech for Bitcoin.
They could have been working on Code that would integrate with it.. we seen & heard of none ever.
Their coin name was already used (Bytecoin) so they pulled a Microsoft and just changed names
..and plowed on business as usual.

(Microsoft used "Metro")

Metro is the obsolete name of a typography- and geometry-focused design language created by Microsoft primarily for user interfaces. A key design principle is better focus on the content of applications, relying more on typography and less on graphics ("content before chrome").

All they had to do was Google it and see it was used by Metro AG a German company.
But their pompous bullshit and smug cocky attitude prevented them from doing so.. ring a bell ?

The name they chose later "monero" as an after thought was a poor choice for a professional and mature world wide digital currency.
The word Monero reminds me of the kids board game Monopoly  Cheesy

Anyway what i am driving at is the various points that lead to a conclusion.
Points such as not having a cross platform GUI ready for launch (which used to be standard practice)
That in itself is historically an unfair advantage to the dev & friends and a big no-no in Crypto.
Apparently they felt they can side step the rules and just do what ever they want.

I also do not buy the insta-mine blog comment posted earlier.
That is too convenient.. a random guy comes forward to say hey i had them all and sold them long ago ?
What ever.. bullshit  Roll Eyes

Let me remind you all Risto / rpietila not long after launch had admitted to buying over 882 BTC worth of Monero and i bet he bought a shitload more in the 2 years since too.
So there you have an early large holder right there people.
Seems they forgot about him when they were making excuses for that on the previous page here.
Weird considering it's his coin.. he controls it.
Who's paying FlupyPony and friends ?
He is.. i seen him admit it here before.
You all forget ?

Besides why would a millionaire STILL 2 years later be flogging the living shit out of Monero by taking donated money and spending it on powerful adoption assets such as his numerous forum games here ?
..if he had already dumped and was out of the coin.
CLEARLY he is still balls deep in Monero and a bag holder for life.
Back then i estimated he was into Monero in the early days for about a quarter million dollars worth of Monero.
Had he stayed with Bitcoin he would have doubled his money.
And i guarantee he had been buying more all this time too.
Who do you think is behind the Market Manipulation ?

He's trapped.

And what does a Millionaire Crypto guy do when he wants out ?
He dumps.. and god help you shills when your master bails on you.
Watch that price tank like a rock !
And will the shills admit this is a risk ? OF course not they "smooth" it over with Monero-Bullshit®
It is a risk and he is mentally unstable and in my opinion fucking nuts  Shocked

So i will cycle back to my point again.. the points and the conclusion.
These guys had no intention of stopping.
They were going to make damn sure they had a new coin they can be "early adopters" on.
And then they can have it added as a new market on Poloniex.. so they can flog the shit out of it !
..whether it was ready for a final public launch / trading on exchanges or not.

They didn't care.. nothing was going to stop them.

They got here late and thought.. shit, i want a coin too !

I have been here watching them push this shit since it launched.
The bells went off when they thought....... A N O N
They saw dollars signs and thought ohhhh yeah we're doin' this !
Let's get this coin made and on poloniex NOW !
GUI ready ? Who gives a fuck we have coin'z to trade on Polo stat !
TestNet ? shoosh pipe down over there.. we don't have time for that nonsense.

And.. if anyone complains we will harras and intimidate them with our brigade of Legendary accounts.
Kind of funny which accounts here i have seen defending Monero.
Kluge who sent me death threats ? ..no he was not banned.
Theymos ? ......yup  Roll Eyes

Monero guys are scene bullies.

Who have made a career out of crying FUD for bucks $$$

FUD first & ask questions later™
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 04:37:45 AM

Moronic bullshit

The retard appears. I researched the "instamine" before I invested. It was some Carnegie Mellon professor and he sold everything he mined. He describes it on his blog. I'm guessing he wishes he didn't sell.

I'm putting the penguin on ignore. Read some of his comments and you'll understand.

Was just a matter of time. Just like its a matter of time before that fucking moron "toknormal" shows up
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 04:50:48 AM

Moronic bullshit

The retard appears. I researched the "instamine" before I invested. It was some Carnegie Mellon professor and he sold everything he mined. He describes it on his blog. I'm guessing he wishes he didn't sell.

I'm putting the penguin on ignore. Read some of his comments and you'll understand.

Was just a matter of time. Just like its a matter of time before that fucking moron "toknormal" shows up

It's a matter of time until Risto dumps crashing the price.

billybobmaryjoe

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 10:18:22 PM

Monero and Dash are both good coins. I use both to make sure Im covered. No need to trash either one in my opinion. Anyway the market will decide which is better.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 01:23:32 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2016, 04:12:53 AM by generalizethis

Monero and Dash are both good coins. I use both to make sure Im covered. No need to trash either one in my opinion. Anyway the market will decide which is better.

Dash is a scam. They instamined close to 2 million coins, said it was an accident, then proceeded to lower emissions to make an already egregious distribution worse. That's what they did. No market needs to decide that--facts will suffice.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 03:52:07 AM

They could have spent a long amount of time and effort pushing ANON tech for Bitcoin.
They could have been working on Code that would integrate with it.. we seen & heard of none ever.

Now the truth comes out. Spoetnik is bitter because she is a Bitcoin maximalist and possibly bag holder!!  Cheesy

I have said recently i keep giving away my Bitcoin to open source dev's.. such as on XDA forums.
For one thing it helps them get involved in Crypto and puts the coin to better use because i see nothing worth trading on exchanges for profits.

"Bitcoin maximalist" ?

Silly BS.
I simply look at how things are and there is a reason BTC is almost a thousand fucking dollars
..and everything else chump change.

I go into the BTC sections here once or twice a year and really couldn't care less.
So there is no proof to back up your allegations against me.
I am in fact just as motivated to FUD BTC in any aspect as i would any other coin.

Your response here simply comes across as an off-topic diversion.
You made 0 effort to address anything i said.
All you did was level accusations at me personally ignoring my comment.

If you have something to say on the topic or in response me etc then by all means.

Oh and i find it pretty funny me and Shelby both thought of Monopoly when thinking of the name.
I had no idea.. don't recall seeing him say that before.
So it's a coincidence we both said the same thing ?

See how i responded to the topic title ?
See how that works ?
Too bad they dropped the NOOBY Jail forum section here years ago..
LanYu would still be stuck in there unable to post here spewing bullshit to "Legends"

TamiLee

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 04:39:52 AM

isn't XMR still on a pre 0.10 codebase ?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 12:32:42 PM

isn't XMR still on a pre 0.10 codebase ?

If this codebase have anything to do with Bitcoin, you should at least read a bit of this thread and realise that Monero is not a Bitcoin clone.  
bitwolf

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 02:59:28 PM

As I already replied to btc bagholders like Spoetnik - those fuding bastards simply shit their pants when they hear the word Monero.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 03:38:00 PM

I would go in big time with monero right now if someone gave me a reply on how monero pretends to scale without centralizing the nodes, since apparently they went the dynamic blocksize route, so if the network gets anywhere near bitcoin usage it means the nodes would be big as fuck and regular people couldn't be able to just open their computer and sit back and relax as they are a node and do other things at the same time too. You would need a dedicated computer and massive dedicated HDDs to run a node and eventually only datacenters will bother = dead coin.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 04:01:52 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2016, 05:25:01 PM by Febo

I would go in big time with monero right now if someone gave me a reply on how monero pretends to scale without centralizing the nodes, since apparently they went the dynamic blocksize route, so if the network gets anywhere near bitcoin usage it means the nodes would be big as fuck and regular people couldn't be able to just open their computer and sit back and relax as they are a node and do other things at the same time too. You would need a dedicated computer and massive dedicated HDDs to run a node and eventually only datacenters will bother = dead coin.

I did asked you before, if you would be nice and put terms that you use so far as "big as fuck" and "massive" into numbers. Since this can be differently understood by different people. That is why there were invented measures, so we can compare things among each other.  Like they invented meter, so we can measure which ship is longest.

As I see future, we will live in a land of many big blockchains and most dominant one will not be as dominant Bitcoin is today.

I am not that technically skilled, but I am right now running a node and it goes super smooth. While syncing took like 200m RAM now when running takes up to 50m RAM. So less than each of many chrome tabs I have opened.   I dont understand why you dont just download the GUI and sync it and give it a try.  Oh my computer is 4 year old and was nothing special when bought.

As I remember long ago, plan was that most hashing power will come from is called smart mining, so wallet users mining while using the wallet. This is far from your prediction.

Also best place to ask questions is http://monero.stackexchange.com/  First of course check if such question was already answered.
Myraidcoins

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 04:43:49 PM

I would really like it if the Gulden team decided to go for anonymous solution, they by far the most skilled team in the alt coin world but they have said they going for mainstream adoption with Gulden. Why I would like to see it is because they did all this work (1.6.0) within 4 months with what I think is by far the best GUI in crypto.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/
SuperOrca

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 04:56:29 PM

I would really like it if the Gulden team decided to go for anonymous solution, they by far the most skilled team in the alt coin world but they have said they going for mainstream adoption with Gulden. Why I would like to see it is because they did all this work (1.6.0) within 4 months with what I think is by far the best GUI in crypto.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/

XMR still has the benefit of solid investor backing and Poloniex to support it. Skill can only get you so far but having the richest altcoin investor supporting your coin is also important as he can push the price up enough to get other developers and traders interested, remove Mr Rich and XMR from Poloniex and the coin would barely see $5million marketcap. The reality is money talks. Lets be honest Dash is a much better coin!
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 05:55:47 PM

I did asked you before, if you would be nice and put terms that you use so far as "big as fuck" and "massive" into numbers. Since this can be differently understood by different people. That is why there were invented measures, so we can compare things among each other.  Like they invented meter, so we can measure which ship is longest.

As I see future, we will live in a land of many big blockchains and most dominant one will not be as dominant Bitcoin is today.

I am not that technically skilled, but I am right now running a node and it goes super smooth. While syncing took like 200m RAM now when running takes up to 50m RAM. So less than each of many chrome tabs I have opened.   I dont understand why you dont just download the GUI and sync it and give it a try.  Oh my computer is 4 year old and was nothing special when bought.

As I remember long ago, plan was that most hashing power will come from is called smart mining, so wallet users mining while using the wallet. This is far from your prediction.

Also best place to ask questions is http://monero.stackexchange.com/  First of course check if such question was already answered.

It's not that hard to understand, just look at the average computer out there and try to guess if it's going to be viable or not for the average person to be able to run a node.

And at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. What we know for certain is, the bigger the blockchain, the more likely you are going to lose nodes/centralize nodes towards those with more resources = very bad thing.

Thus is it deduced that the conservative blocksize approach is the best one, and if Monero was as big as Bitcoin is in adoption right now, nobody would be able to run nodes except the few people with big wallets to invest on it.
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 06:18:55 PM

It's not that hard to understand, just look at the average computer out there and try to guess if it's going to be viable or not for the average person to be able to run a node.

And at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. What we know for certain is, the bigger the blockchain, the more likely you are going to lose nodes/centralize nodes towards those with more resources = very bad thing.

Thus is it deduced that the conservative blocksize approach is the best one, and if Monero was as big as Bitcoin is in adoption right now, nobody would be able to run nodes except the few people with big wallets to invest on it.

? what you on about? you can run a node on a raspberry pie:
https://forum.getmonero.org/20/general-discussion/267/a-step-by-step-guide-to-running-a-full-node-on-raspberry-pi-2

that costs 45€ in my country...

an sd-card of 128 gib costs 35 pounds or 41 euro's...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B013UDL5HU/ref=lp_1345826031_1_3/254-8813705-2427965?s=electronics-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1482862547&sr=1-3

so for a total price of 86 euro's you can set up your node, and the blockchain could grow in size by a factor of 12...
surely, 86 euro's isn't only for big wallets, no?

best regards

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: