Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:08:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC mining: 7870 ghz edition, only getting about 280mhs Help?  (Read 11509 times)
Punkonjunk (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Hey, eat this snail quick

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:49:41 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 07:54:18 AM by Punkonjunk

OK, two cards. 7870, and an older 6670.
A little more details on my rig:  the 7870 is my device for my primary display, of 6. the 6670 has 3 displays plugged into it, and onboard APU has 2 plugged in. Too many displays, for sure, work from home, blah blah blah.

Tried a lot of settings from stuff I've googled up. What I have now is, (using CGminer with guiminer scrypt)
No extra flags, thread concurrency 16384, worksize 256, intensity 14.
My RAM is set at 1450mhz. That's the max for this card, as reported by afterburner and CCC. GPU clock is set to 1100.
If I crank the intensity way up, it gets a bit of a way into the 300 mh/s, but at that point, I can't really even move the mouse.

What i'm looking for is the right freakin' settings for this bad boy, and if my unique setup might have any dumb caveats, here. Only one display is plugged into the 7870.

I also cannot for the life of me find settings that will work for the 6670, after a buttload of googling. Like seriously, my full time job is at least half googling, and I cannot find any settings that work.

I'd love to know what people are using for "I can still use the machine" settings, and overnight settings.

I know these are in the hardware comparison list, but the overnight settings crash the balls out of my videocard.

I'm also having trouble figuring out how to force an application to use a specific graphics card. I had assumed it will render with the graphics card the display is plugged into, but I'm suspecting some applications do not do that: I tried to pop a game on not-my-primary display, and it got pretty mad about it, soft-crashing my video driver.

And my final, hardly related question.
I've been mining on notroll.in. I'm having trouble understanding why this would be advantageous, besides that fact that it always pays: I am figuring PPS or proportional would be about the same, over a longer time, and I'm not sure if there is a better pool for me. If I can get both these bad boys crackin, I should do 400mh/s and 100mh/s each.

So, any help would be great.

PER SECOND OP POST: .5 LTC if you can get this bitch to or very close to 400kh/s. Easy, right?

liked my post? LTC to: LYeSMuyDBFufBehK59A9GmMjby6iVw8Kux
Or BTC to: 18YsfMVtqNbrpJuPZaAbifWNYuiUHQZwR8
If there is a wall of text up there, sorry. I can't help it. I'm usually running on about 80oz of coffee a day. If it's complete nonsense, sorry. I haven't had my coffee.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:10:55 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 12:23:42 AM by crazyearner

OK, two cards. 7870, and an older 6670.
A little more details on my rig:  the 7870 is my device for my primary display, of 6. the 6670 has 3 displays plugged into it, and onboard APU has 2 plugged in. Too many displays, for sure, work from home, blah blah blah.

Tried a lot of settings from stuff I've googled up. What I have now is, (using CGminer with guiminer scrypt)
No extra flags, thread concurrency 16384, worksize 256, intensity 14.
My RAM is set at 1450mhz. That's the max for this card, as reported by afterburner and CCC. GPU clock is set to 1100.
If I crank the intensity way up, it gets a bit of a way into the 300 mh/s, but at that point, I can't really even move the mouse.

What i'm looking for is the right freakin' settings for this bad boy, and if my unique setup might have any dumb caveats, here. Only one display is plugged into the 7870.

I also cannot for the life of me find settings that will work for the 6670, after a buttload of googling. Like seriously, my full time job is at least half googling, and I cannot find any settings that work.

I'd love to know what people are using for "I can still use the machine" settings, and overnight settings.

I know these are in the hardware comparison list, but the overnight settings crash the balls out of my videocard.

I'm also having trouble figuring out how to force an application to use a specific graphics card. I had assumed it will render with the graphics card the display is plugged into, but I'm suspecting some applications do not do that: I tried to pop a game on not-my-primary display, and it got pretty mad about it, soft-crashing my video driver.

And my final, hardly related question.
I've been mining on notroll.in. I'm having trouble understanding why this would be advantageous, besides that fact that it always pays: I am figuring PPS or proportional would be about the same, over a longer time, and I'm not sure if there is a better pool for me. If I can get both these bad boys crackin, I should do 400mh/s and 100mh/s each.

So, any help would be great.

For the 7870 Drop the I down to 12 I have this card and am regretting every buying it I can get it into the 400MH/s on BTC and alt coins and on LTC wont budge 300 I can get it to 300 mark but still it flips out on me at times but  working on it spent the last bloody week or so on it and still no where as good as my 5870 lol

--thread-concurrency 7680 --lookup-gap 2 -w 256 -g 1 -I 12 -v 1 --gpu-engine 1140 --gpu-memclock 1215

I will advise start low work your way to up the settings iver by putting them in a cgminer .bat file and doing it like that or using msi burner and doing the clocks on that but am also finding changing mem on afterburn with the 78 card is not working so had to revert to manual adding into cgminer

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Punkonjunk (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:10:02 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 04:09:18 AM by Punkonjunk

I finally nailed 300khs with:
GPU core 1175 mem: 1450 (max for this card, fuckers)
And settings in GUIminer:
Thread conc: 8192, worksize 256 intensity 12.

I'm gonna save this, and give your settings a shot, and report back.

EDIT: With the settings you used crazyearner, I lost about 20kh/s. my heat is under control with the settings I have, so for now I'll stick to that.

But I'd REALLY like to push this over to 400kh/s.
I tinkered with clock settings on that 6670, and if I touch mem or gpu, at all, the thing goes apeshit. I get pink and blue barbells all over my 2 screens plugged into it and it just takes a dump, then the rig restarts. balls. I think I'll just let that fucker rock it's comfortable 60ish kh/s.

So, as for moving forward. LETS GET THIS 7870 TO 400kh/s!

I'll throw in a bounty of .5LTC. It's literally all I've mined so far! Wowsa! for now I think I'll stick to notroll.in until someone can tell me why that's not a great idea. (which I'd really like to hear, because 5% is a buttload over a long enough time)

so if you find me settings/setup to get my 7870 farming at or very close to 400kh/s, I'll send you .5LTC.
(without something dumb like unplug your extra monitors or something. These settings could be my overnight settings, too. I'm not expecting to get 400kh/s while using it.)

EDIT:

Some threads have suggested higher concurrency = more performance, but at the cost of system ram. I have 16gbs of ram in my system, and generally use about 4-6. Anyone have any recommendations for much higher concurrency? I tried 16000 and there was no improvement. a small loss over 8192.

I also tried reaper with the same settings, which started at 410 kh/s, but dropped down into the 260s after about a minute, which sucked.

If there is a wall of text up there, sorry. I can't help it. I'm usually running on about 80oz of coffee a day. If it's complete nonsense, sorry. I haven't had my coffee.
Punkonjunk (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:28:52 AM

gonna go ahead and bump this before I go to bed. I tinkered a lot, but I can't break 314kh/s.

WeTradeCoins

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 11:33:54 AM

It could me a motherboard issue. Does your PCI-express slots run at x16 ? Which mobo you use?

www.WeMineLTC.com   0% FEE |   PPLNS  |   SSL  |   STRATUM  |  FULL DDoS PROTECTION LTC POOL!!
Punkonjunk (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:47:49 AM

Usin' this bad boy:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131797

ofc, with an apu, a8 3850.

I can't imagine it's a motherboard or slot issue, unless it's a known thing. I haven't updated my bios at any point, but that could be worth a shot!
And yes, the 7870 is in a x16, however, I'd also read that the bus speed isn't that important, that x1 will work just dandy fine for ltc mining, which is why you can get such a cheap board, as long as it's got pcie slots in 3 total.

WeTradeCoins

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 12:18:11 PM

Deffo update your BIOS and please tell me what settigns you have on afterburner!

www.WeMineLTC.com   0% FEE |   PPLNS  |   SSL  |   STRATUM  |  FULL DDoS PROTECTION LTC POOL!!
Punkonjunk (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:23:18 AM

Bios updated to newest revision. No change in hashrate.

Aferburner settings:
Power limit +20%.
Core voltage at "min" and undervolting is not an option at all. (And I don't want to overvolt)
Core clock is 1220, and memclock is 1425, fan on auto.

CG miner settings, with GUIminer: -g2 Lg-2 thread conc 8192 worksize 256 intensity 12. W/ stratum. Tinkered a shitload with gpu/ram ratio, but it's being a biiitch. this is the only one I've found or tried that gets me 310-315kh/s. If I kick the intensity up, anything over 12, no gain in hashrate, but usability of the machine becomes zero.

Feel like, if I'm hanging at about 63c, I could be getting more out of this.

Peleus

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:42:09 AM

Bump intensity to 18, no you shouldn't be able to move the mouse much.
Punkonjunk (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:53:20 AM

Have tried intensities 13-20, while the mouse won't move, I don't get a better hashrate, let it run for several minutes each time to see if it stabilizes higher.
Mining notroll.in, if that matters.

bnogal

Activity: 179

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:58:36 PM

Exactly i have
GPU 1150mhz
Mem 1350mhz
Power: 0%
Cooler: 65%
Temp use to be at 62ºC

And using cgminer with cgminer --scrypt -g 2 --shaders 1280 --auto-fan --temp-target 65 -I 12 --thread-concurrency 8192 --lookup-gap 2 -w 256

Close to 360khs

I think the problem is to set too much overclocking.. or force it too much. If i set -I >=13 the khs decrease.

Maybe it depends on the mainboard-micro pcie version...
Marrs

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:45:02 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 06:14:10 PM by Marrs

Have tried intensities 13-20, while the mouse won't move, I don't get a better hashrate, let it run for several minutes each time to see if it stabilizes higher.
Mining notroll.in, if that matters.

If you have an older Pitcairn 7870, try these settings, which I use on my Pitcairn 7850s.

HD 7850 Scrypt settings 390kh/s
cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://pool -u user -p pass --scrypt --gpu-vddc 1.225 --gpu-fan 100 --gpu-engine 1150 --gpu-memclock 1000 --intensity 19 --thread-concurrency 27164

HD 7850 Scrypt settings 370kh/s
cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://pool -u user -p pass --scrypt --gpu-vddc 1.225 --gpu-fan 100 --gpu-engine 1150 --gpu-memclock 1000 --intensity 12 --thread-concurrency 13632   --gpu-threads 2

Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:03:15 PM

I've noticed that scrypt scripts often have "--lookup-gap 2" included.

Per the readme SCRYPT-README it looks like it is not required.

--lookup-gap
This tunes a compromise between ram usage and performance. Performance peaks
at a gap of 2, but increasing the gap can save you some GPU ram, but almost
always at the cost of significant loss of hashrate. Setting lookup gap
overrides the default of 2, but cgminer will use the --shaders value to choose
a thread-concurrency if you haven't chosen one.
SUMMARY: Don't touch this.
meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:00:33 PM

here is how i got 400 with my 7870 (gigabyte 3x fan version)

core: 925
mem: 1375
voltage:0.987 (or 987 in msi afterburner)

cgminer settings:

--scrypt --thread-concurrency 16000 --intensity 19 -g 1 -w 256

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Punkonjunk (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:19:30 PM

all these will be tried when I am not at work, thank you! Great things to try. I thought you couldn't specify shaders and TC flags at the same time though? Either way, I'll give 'er a shot, I just thought if you specified TC, it used max shaders for the value. The flags CG is starting with in GUI, from the console is:
cgminer.exe --scrypt -u username -p password -o stratum+tcp://notroll.in:3333 --gpu-platform 0 -d 1 -w 256 -v 1 -I 12 -g 1 -l 1 -T -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 f60 --thread-concurrency 8192

And yeah, it's pitcairn. Tried with no LG, LG 1, and LG 2, LG 2, with these settings, gets me about 315khs. I will try these recommendations when I'm not at work, if I bsod on the clock, they will get pissed I'm mining while working. Smiley

meebs

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:04:12 AM

Clock speed is very important. I tried many settings to come up with what I did. Increasing above what I posted always littered hash rates. The 7870 is one crazy chip.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:10:30 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 12:29:46 AM by crazyearner

are you stupid go troll somewhere else and learn about this GPU anything above 12 on 7870s will result in crash card HW errors or full system crash depending on revision of GPU

PS to OP I am still messing around with my GPU and will help you get more results. If you want to mine other alt coins I can easly get 415MH/s for SHA256D And I know you want scrypt so ill keep working out here for you Smiley

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
meebs

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:18:23 AM

are you stupid go troll somewhere else and learn about this GPU anything above 12 on 7870s will result in crash card HW errors or full system crash depending on revision of GPU

PS to OP I am still messing around with my GPU and will help you get more results. If you want to mine other alt coins I can easly get 415MH/s for SHA256D And I know you want scrypt so ill keep working out here for you Smiley

learn more about these cards before you post such falsehoods..

see my post above with settings that have gotten me 400 khash for MONTHS now. if you have the proper thread concurrency (16000) with a g 1 and w256 you can run at intensity 20 all day long.

it took me quite awhile to figure it out, but i finally did (right about the time tacotime came out with his guide, he helped me out a bit to)

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Punkonjunk (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:47:43 AM

here is how i got 400 with my 7870 (gigabyte 3x fan version)

core: 925
mem: 1375
voltage:0.987 (or 987 in msi afterburner)

cgminer settings:

--scrypt --thread-concurrency 16000 --intensity 19 -g 1 -w 256

This was the one! Straight away worked, without undervolting, as I'm voltage locked. However, it's unusable, but it'll work great for an overnight setup! Awesome.

You have an LTC address? I tried the one in your sig and it said no.

blowfish_uk

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:27:48 PM

can i ask what SDK and Driver version you are using?
struggling to get my 7870 over 250kh/s
too many variables!

cheers
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: