Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:16:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You do realize there will be no stopping it now...right?  (Read 4844 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 11:42:14 PM

As Bitcoin overcomes every little thing thrown at it, it only strengthened people's resolve.

So the only flaw that they could come at us with was that the price was in a bubble and that it would crash.

Well...pop goes the weasel.

When we return to new highs in a day or so...that will be it. What will you have to throw at Bitcoin then?

Another bubble that will be recovered from shortly thereafter? Yawn.

I wish I was able to buy a bit more to take advantage of this but this thing is going nowhere but up.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:43:30 PM

When we return to new highs in a day or so...that will be it. What will you have to throw at Bitcoin then?
Another massive bubble that fucks X amount of people over? You can only fuck over so many people before you don't get anymore suckers to play your game.

Elon Krusky
Zendata

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:44:52 PM

Another massive bubble that fucks X amount of people over? You can only fuck over so many people before you don't get anymore suckers to play your game.

Until those "suckers" turn into wise people that learn how to play "our game" Roll Eyes

Seriously these post's make me laugh. Is this your first high risk investment? if so it explains everything.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 11:45:44 PM

I suggest you short Bitcoin on margin at bitfinex if you feel that way...you will be very pleased as it crashes.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Crazy

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:51:01 PM

Actually, I plan to just sit on the sidelines and watch pure stupidity in action as sucker after sucker drops their money on the table for the wolves to take it and laugh to the bank.

Then I'll just dip in and out of BTC to pay bills until all the idiots lose their shirts.

I have no intention in contributing to the tarnishing of a good thing.

Elon Krusky
Crazy

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:51:28 PM

Until those "suckers" turn into wise people that learn how to play "our game" Roll Eyes

Seriously these post's make me laugh. Is this your first high risk investment? if so it explains everything.
April 03, 2013

Elon Krusky
Zendata

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:53:45 PM

April 03, 2013

This wouldn't happen to be a reference to the marlins at the nationals would it?
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:54:32 PM

WTF? You have another thread about how this is like armageddon end times for Bitcoin just a couple threads down!
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 11:58:42 PM

WTF? You have another thread about how this is like armageddon end times for Bitcoin just a couple threads down!

Yes, but I am helpfully pointing the bears to a place where they can put their money.

Trading on margin is really the best way to show those silly bulls where they should stick their Bitcoins. (maybe on a trading platform that allows you to loan Bitcoins to bears and get paid for it)

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:01:56 AM

It only fucks over people who were ready to speculate and it went badly for them. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Nowadays when I buy my coins, I move them out of the exchange. They are safer this way, under my control.

There is no selling of BTC in my exchange for short term speculation. If I need fiat for a good reason, I will move the right amount back to an exchange and cash it out. Otherwise my coins are not for sale, they are meant to be either saved or spent.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Crazy

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:03:42 AM

Well, you're the rare exception. It would be obvious though, that buying into these rallies is indeed partaking in attempts at profit taking based on speculation.

Elon Krusky
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:05:57 AM

Bubbles don't fuck people over - stupid choices do.  Risking what you can't afford to lose fucks people over.  No-one forces people to buy shit at the top of a bubble any more than anyone forces them to sell when a bubble pops.  No-one forces you to hold as the price is rising instead of realising your gains.

If you're sitting there thinking "OMG if the price crashes back to USD 20 I'm in trouble" then you probably shouldn't be playing with high risk investments in the first place.

You control your level of risk - not "the market".  At various times being bullish will be more profitable, at various times being bearish will bring the greatest returns.  Making emotional decisions - whether bullish or bearish - is what's likely to bring you undone.  If you fear the bubble popping, then you're likely already made bad choices which have left you over-exposed.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 12:06:09 AM

Otherwise my coins are not for sale, they are meant to be either saved or spent.

Good strategy. This is what bitcoins are invented for. Where are you going to spend them?

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:07:07 AM

This.  A lot of people were just badly burned.  It's not going to completely deflate overnight, but over the coming months, we'll see loads of people move on.  Hopefully the infrastructure will be ready to handle mainstream loads in a few years.  I'm optimistic bitcoin will get another chance in 4 years or so, but if this happens again 4 years from now, that'll be it.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
boscorocks

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:16:07 AM

This.  A lot of people were just badly burned.  It's not going to completely deflate overnight, but over the coming months, we'll see loads of people move on.  Hopefully the infrastructure will be ready to handle mainstream loads in a few years.  I'm optimistic bitcoin will get another chance in 4 years or so, but if this happens again 4 years from now, that'll be it.

I agree with your assessment..it comes down to infrastructure which currently can't even handle a tiny fraction of what would be "mainstream" usage. There may be some big investors or startups that could get serious enough to make it happen sooner than 4 years but yes, another big hit after that would be the beginning of the end.
Pruden

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

Spanish Bitcoin trader

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:23:19 AM

LOL Proudhon, stop catching newbies in your nets! How are those double digits going? Or were they single?
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:26:41 AM

Actually, I plan to just sit on the sidelines and watch pure stupidity in action as sucker after sucker drops their money on the table for the wolves to take it and laugh to the bank.

Then I'll just dip in and out of BTC to pay bills until all the idiots lose their shirts.

thank you, you said what i was going to
deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:27:28 AM

thank you, you said what i was going to

+1

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 12:29:47 AM

I agree, there are a lot of people that threw a ton of dollars on the table to get snatched up.

There is a reason the top Bitcoin wallets keep getting larger while everyone else is fighting for crumbs.

evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:31:35 AM

As Bitcoin overcomes struggles with every little thing thrown at it, it only strengthened people's resolve has shook investor confidence to the point of 50%+ drops in value.

FTFY
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: