Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:19:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins on vps  (Read 1373 times)
combovirus (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 01:35:36 PM

i recently got lifetime vps with 8gb ram and 8 cpu cores. is there any altcoins to mine that will be profitable and would there be any problem mining on vps. Thanks in advance. I am newbie here, sorry if i happened to post in wrong section or something.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 01:45:10 PM

i recently got lifetime vps with 8gb ram and 8 cpu cores. is there any altcoins to mine that will be profitable and would there be any problem mining on vps. Thanks in advance. I am newbie here, sorry if i happened to post in wrong section or something.  Smiley
As far as I know 99% of VPS providers have banned mining, not sure about the one you got
combovirus (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 02:26:44 PM

is it possible to use software like minergate for mining .
benz0

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 03:01:05 PM

yo - I've only had luck with two VPS hosts - one being via Winity.io - the most recent virmach.com

Virmach is prolly the way to go - you'll need to choose 'Add Upgrades/Addons' inside the UserCP and pay $10 for CPU cycling if you want to actually earn your money back. I never did, instead I just kept the standard 8gb/4core plan - if I remember correctly.

Windows Server via Remote Desktop makes it super easy to setup, and it yields results that are disappointing if you're in it for an actual beneficial arrangement, but, if you're a nerd at heart like me then it's worth the $4.99 or whatever the first month works out to be when you can apply a discount code or something.

GLHF -

if you end up going with/trying other VPS hosts for this purpose please let me know via PM or whatever - im interested in this side of things.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 04:33:47 PM

yo - I've only had luck with two VPS hosts - one being via Winity.io - the most recent virmach.com

Virmach is prolly the way to go - you'll need to choose 'Add Upgrades/Addons' inside the UserCP and pay $10 for CPU cycling if you want to actually earn your money back. I never did, instead I just kept the standard 8gb/4core plan - if I remember correctly.

Windows Server via Remote Desktop makes it super easy to setup, and it yields results that are disappointing if you're in it for an actual beneficial arrangement, but, if you're a nerd at heart like me then it's worth the $4.99 or whatever the first month works out to be when you can apply a discount code or something.

GLHF -

if you end up going with/trying other VPS hosts for this purpose please let me know via PM or whatever - im interested in this side of things.

VPS mining has not made sense for a very very long time.   It really was really fun but a short lived mining (for the most part).  There was a TON of digital ocean long ago but they figured out pretty quick and banned users as high usage.  Almost all have a clause to shut down users that are high usage user's that are budget ones.

And even if you found a budget one that would allow mining I have not seen one for year's that made financial sense to use a VPS to mine.   I personally would suggest to anyone to look into building a GPU unit at their own place over trying to mine CPU on a VPS.  Even if you had say a free trial I would be surprised if you make much on CPU more then a number that is in the cents.
sanas

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 04:38:02 PM

I think you need to look at Zcoin(XZC) this is best coin for CPU last time.

.cashaa....█████
█╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

█╬██

█████
██████
██╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬██

██████
█████
██╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬█

█████
Hallum

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 04:45:14 PM

You can  look at some altcoins such as monero, xzc, xdn . these altcoins only use cpu mining.  it's very useful for you.
Basimon

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 04:48:05 PM

is it possible to use software like minergate for mining .

Yes , ofcourse. You should use this soft for cpu mining and there are many mining coins in this software.
shadowhlohavec

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

NoizChain

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2016, 10:38:11 PM

If it's free you will be 99% banned for crypto mining, btw you could share how you got it  Grin

NOIZ

⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ICO LIVE SOON ● ⇒

○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITE WHITEPAPER  TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
sanbashiyi
Legendary

Activity: 895
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 10:58:20 PM

If it's free you will be 99% banned for crypto mining, btw you could share how you got it  Grin

i also have some vps but i think using it mine coin is useless
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 03:53:32 AM

I think most will be promo's some run like EC2 that you can run decent amount of cores without ban.  Anything that mentions like OP lifetime, or is a "bargin" type vps i know it's not popular not but Digital Ocean was the hot one when VPS mining hit it's small window (you can look it up lot's of old threads on running there). 

It was a ton of fun... but it's been over a long time.  If anyone does some ROI math most is cent's.   If you are making dollars I think you would be spending so much more in fee's.  I would love to see some math behind anyone thinking of doing it. 
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 06:53:33 AM

they are but they were useful in the past to mine with cointellect and make tons of money in a short time, not the time anymore for that

even mining cpu coin now is not profitable, unless you have a botnet not a single vps
mark coins

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 06:58:48 AM

If your VPS provider allow mining on their servers then you can try mining CPU altcoins to see how much you can earn and see if its profitable for you.Try mining only if mining is allowed by host and don't try to mine GPU or ASIC coins, but CPU mineable coins only.
BTCdoaA

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 07:03:29 AM

mainly it depends on the host provider if they allow mining or not best solution in your situation is to contact support of the hosting company before start mining to avoid account banning .

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Hixad52

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 07:05:56 AM

There is not much profit to mine coins on vps now.
Many Vps suppliers have probihited mining on vps .
you should use it for hosting or file services.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 07:52:21 AM

I wonder if any of these would be worthwhile for PoC (HD mining) type stuff?

How much drive space do you get to use?

Up side - it's not high CPU usage, so it probably wouldn't be a "ban" issue.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
sanas

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 10:43:07 AM

Even heard that you can main Monero on dedicated server, but do not know it will work on VPS.

.cashaa....█████
█╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

█╬██

█████
██████
██╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬██

██████
█████
██╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬█

█████
shadowhlohavec

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

NoizChain

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2016, 12:56:24 PM

I have one way to earn on free vps small money (about 0.10$ per day per vps) but if you have 10 vps it is worth it... I will test the withdrawal in few days and let you know

NOIZ

⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ICO LIVE SOON ● ⇒

○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITE WHITEPAPER  TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
isamamin

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

semux

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 05:32:48 PM

yes, but in past, now even real GPU work hard to get small profit, any way you can try!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 09:13:34 PM

yes, but in past, now even real GPU work hard to get small profit, any way you can try!

For a while I have been back into GPU.  The thing about it is we own the equipment so time/work/effort there is something there we can control.  I LOVED vps mining days but it was so quick/fast as abused bargin VPS sites.   I mean you could ROI instant on some which was just to good to last.  And it was not running it for cents in profit when it happened.

If someone set's up where ever this "free" vps is most likelly you will spend time/effort and they will ban it.  As unless its a trial who provides a good free VPS that is reliable and allows high usage? It is just to good to be true.  Don't get me wrong it could be a way to learn something and good to become out of it.  But if wanting to try for profit look into GPU.  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: