Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:43:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What tools of Kali Linux are the most useful?  (Read 504 times)
Foref1982 (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 06:03:38 PM

I met this excellent Debian based distribution called Kali Linux. I found some of its features very helpful to test the security of my projects. And I especially love it because I can access it for 100% free. Since I just began with this OS, I'm aware only a few features that I checked randomly.

What are the tools that you use from this distribution?
Do you have any good tutorial for that tool?

I'd prefer to pick and learn the most useful tools, not all if not necessary.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 06:18:24 PM

I met this excellent Debian based distribution called Kali Linux. I found some of its features very helpful to test the security of my projects. And I especially love it because I can access it for 100% free. Since I just began with this OS, I'm aware only a few features that I checked randomly.

About 3 years ago i have used backtrack right now had becomed kali linux and i think all of them are good, about your question depend on what is your needs for using kali linux.
I don't have the tutorial about the tools on kali linux distribution, but you can search on console by typing MAN, you can use it for looking for manual informations about the tools.
Foref1982 (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 09:01:20 PM

About 3 years ago i have used backtrack right now had becomed kali linux and i think all of them are good, about your question depend on what is your needs for using kali linux.
I don't have the tutorial about the tools on kali linux distribution, but you can search on console by typing MAN, you can use it for looking for manual informations about the tools.

Yes, Backtrack was the great "ancient" of Kali Linux. Actually, I've heard about this lineage when Backtrack was popular, but then I didn't care much about them until I met Kali in so many tutorials.

Thank you for the "man" command too! I'm not very familiar with Linux-console syntax hehe!

For the purpose, let's say simply securing Bitcoin wallet. It could be checking an online wallet's security as well as the wallet on your HDD. What tools would you use?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 12:57:00 PM

-snip-
What tools would you use?

None, an attack on someones service without their written consent is usually illegal and can get you in trouble. If you want to learn, get some VMs to break into, like e.g. stapler and run them in your (virtual) lab.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Foref1982 (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 07:35:43 PM

-snip-
What tools would you use?

None, an attack on someones service without their written consent is usually illegal and can get you in trouble. If you want to learn, get some VMs to break into, like e.g. stapler and run them in your (virtual) lab.

I understand I cannot just scan online wallets without their permission. But let's stick to the security of HW wallets then.
How would I know how secure a HW wallet is? What points should I test to see it?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 08:08:41 PM

-snip-
I understand I cannot just scan online wallets without their permission. But let's stick to the security of HW wallets then.
How would I know how secure a HW wallet is? What points should I test to see it?

Not my area, but Id start with sniffing traffic. Wireshark works on USB connections as well. Might be interesting.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
CryptoCypherCoin

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

Developer at TheCryptoChat

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 01:34:31 AM

Oh man where to start?

it depends entirely on what task you wish to perform

what can be fun, but probably illegal and not to be recommended at all, would be the good old SSL strip, in a crowded café then make a random post on a random persons facebook

again, not endorsing this, but for shits and giggles it's a laugh

Do not try this unless you like rough prison sex

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: