Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 04:28:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you afraid of [the big bad wolf] ASCI ?!?  (Read 782 times)
jgm_coin (OP)

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:53:40 AM

As a "newbie" to mining bitcoins - I have to wonder how long this vicodin-like glow will last. 

I found a poll elsewhere on this forum asking about Butterfly Tech and the impending ASCI machines that will make all our GPUs, well, just GPUs.  Many people think they are either a scam or that their shipping projections are grossly inaccurate.  Still, I can't help but start watering at the mouth when I calculate that the 5 GH/s box for 288 (w/ shipping) would profit about $75 USD worth of bitcoins everyday!

My question for all of you is - are you planning to/ already on the list for an ASCI unit?  Or do you feel GPU mining may still be profitable next year?  I'm seriously thinking about adding another GPU since I can get it overnight, but at the current rate (assuming these ASCI devices DON'T ship at the end of the month) it will take about 3 mo. to break even in bitcoins. 

Please post your thoughts, rants, or general mischief below.

-Jesse

Rent out your rig for up to 100% more than you can mine http://tinyurl.com/lc5axo2
c0ikws

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:04:59 AM

you mean asic lol ?
jgm_coin (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:14:31 AM

you mean asic lol ?

LOL! that is amusing!! you know you're a nerd when ASCI vs ASIC is funny

Rent out your rig for up to 100% more than you can mine http://tinyurl.com/lc5axo2
braindead

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:22:49 AM

Well if u loose the race on Bitcoins using GPU´s u can moove to litecoins they don´t give so much earnings but its something, many ppl are already mooving to litecoins instead of bitcoins

I have some Gpu´s working and i´m happy Butter is delaying their shippments (sorry to say this) hopefully they will only deliver in June or so, that way we can mine a bit more and have some profit before things go crazy

U can check on forum that there are users still buying Fpga and Gpu´s

Bitcoin´s is a hobby and also a Game, sometimes u win and sometimes u loose
jgm_coin (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:31:04 AM

Bitcoin´s is a hobby and also a Game, sometimes u win and sometimes u loose

You make an excellent point that I didn't consider- mining as a hobby.  I realize that's true for me - I'm really curious about it and I've learned a ton already. 

Maybe I will get that second GPU...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: