Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 09:30:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: please help a newbie out....  (Read 424 times)
maplema (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:12:02 AM

Ok Sorry for asking what is likely a stupid question but I am lost here.

I am brand new to this and dipping my feet into mining. At first I only used my gaming computer to mine when I wasnt on it, but since I have an nvidea GTX680 I am only getting 120ish Mh/s (which is about right from what I hear) but I want to A) mine while I am playing games too, and B) Mine faster.

I came up with the bright idea (again prolly stupid...) and got an AMD 7770 as a second card. My intent was to have that one minng 24/7 and then mine with my desktop card as well when not gaming.

...ANYway, I am only getting 50ish Mh/s on the second card which if I am right is WAY low, plus it doesnt seem to be accepting any shares. It just sits there and says its hashing away at 50Mh/s but nothing gets accepted after 20 minutes of monitoring it. I have tried GUIMiner and BFGMiner (with I set to d,9 for both cards).. and nothing... any ideas?

I am running windows 7 64bit on i7 CPU and all drivers for both cards are up to date. I dont know what other info I need to give but will take any screenshots you need... im lost and trying to figure out how to NOT waste the 160ish I just spent on this card....

mandroid

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:51:06 AM

Hi there,

While I don't have an answer for you, my suggestion for where to start looking is for "flags" to use for your card. I don't know what the flags mean, but at least on my ATI card GUIMiner would have a very low hash rate (only a few MH/s) until I added flags like "-w 128" among others. Try to find a good guide about which flags to use for your card and see if it might help.

All the best!

EDIT: Just realised your "d,9" you mentioned is probably the flags - perhaps the two cards,  because of being nVidia vs ATI, need different flags to work efficiently?
PRESSPLAY

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:56:32 AM

Just upping my posts in order to post in the forums...
TheHalfWit

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:13:18 AM

If you aren't using ATI flags, you need to, they can have a big impact.
maplema (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:21:53 AM

Thanks for pointing me in at least some general direction lol. I admit I don't event know what flags are  Huh

Any site you can point me to to explain to me in stupid-people terms what they are and which ones are "ATI" flags and what the values should be set to for this card?

sorry to be so needy...  Undecided
maplema (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:00:44 AM

Maybe answering this will help me. Is there a way to turn one GPU off and use only one in bfgminer? I cant even tell if it recognizes both gpus since it is still chugging along at 120 MH/s...
maplema (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:08:26 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 03:27:37 AM by maplema

here is a screen grab of my BFG.... is it even recognizing that I have 2 cards?

If not how can I fix?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/maplema/bfg.png:original

EDIT: .... tired and frustrated... heading to bed for the night, but will check thread in the morning. Thanks again for the assistance and any more will be much appreciated!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: