Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:49:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this bitcoin mixing routine good ?  (Read 528 times)
drov (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 12:15:10 PM

Hello

As part of a school project we are asked to create a mixing service. Most of the services right now use coinjoin implemented with more or less privacy.

So a single mixing service wouldn't be enough so here is the mixing routine we thought of :

bitcoin(in) -> mix -> shapeshift( -> Dash -> monero) -> xmr.to ( btc) -> mix -> joinmarket (not sure though we haven't dug a lot into it) -> bitcoin (out)

Of course everything would be automated via various api offered by the services.

Do you have any remarks about it ? Is it good/bad ?

We are kind of afraid about the fees induced by so many external services but implementing our own mixer would require a user base to mix the coin with in the first place which we don't have.

Thanks
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 02:53:38 PM

So, this project mixing services automatically do a mix like you said above, there are routine which via altcoin to mix, is this can affect bitcoin price, isn't? With the fees also need a lot amount.
drov (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 03:09:33 PM

So, this project mixing services automatically do a mix like you said above, there are routine which via altcoin to mix, is this can affect bitcoin price, isn't? With the fees also need a lot amount.

I....Don't quite understand what you said, I feel like the sentence is somehow reversed.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 11:19:58 AM

I've never heard of a school project quite like this before!  Grin
I think you're looking in the wrong place for that kind of information. You'd be better off looking elsewhere and doing your own research.
If this really was a school project then who cares about the accumulated fees? Your school wouldn't need you to mix coins but only come up with a method... I don't really see the big deal unless^...
larryfromjapan

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 01:09:07 AM

Hello

As part of a school project we are asked to create a mixing service. Most of the services right now use coinjoin implemented with more or less privacy.

So a single mixing service wouldn't be enough so here is the mixing routine we thought of :

bitcoin(in) -> mix -> shapeshift( -> Dash -> monero) -> xmr.to ( btc) -> mix -> joinmarket (not sure though we haven't dug a lot into it) -> bitcoin (out)

Of course everything would be automated via various api offered by the services.

Do you have any remarks about it ? Is it good/bad ?

We are kind of afraid about the fees induced by so many external services but implementing our own mixer would require a user base to mix the coin with in the first place which we don't have.

Thanks

I like the idea especially if you can automate it!
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 02:28:25 AM

I would think one of the biggest concerns is the fees you would run into. There may also be a bit of latency relying on several APIs like you proposed.

Have you looked into other Bitcoin mixers before?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: