Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:36:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin inflationary or deflationary?  (Read 601 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 02:20:55 AM

Where is Paul Krugman when we need him? Is Bitcoin still a deflationary currency?

Or will the price continue to drop like the dollar and the Bitcoin economy will flourish?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:38:30 AM

Oh you know it will drop down to a "realistic" level like $5-6 so then people can spend it on stuff, because, you know, back when bitcoin was $5-6, people spent a lot more of it and merchant adoption was much higher. Did you hear, merchants are just canceling their Bitpay accounts by the thousands, because well nobody's spending their bitcoins anymore. They're deflating so we're actually spending them less and less, the number of transactions is steadily decreasing.
(By the way, the bitpay link links to an article that shows that bitcoin merchant adoption is certainly not increasing at an alarming rate, and $$ bitpay sales is not also increasing at an alarming rate, and the 2nd link brings you to a chart that clearly shows number of daily transactions steadily decreasing over time. Source: Iraqi Minister of Information. The Bitcoin Economy is NOT HEALTHY! )

So, bitcoin will just go down to like $5-6 and continue inflating past that. So when they are close to $0 that is when they will stimulate the economy the most. Because, back in like 2009 when bitcoin was worth like $0.0001, it stimulated the economy much more and people spent it rather than being evil 1% hoarders that take advantage of us 99% spenders by speculation, gosh, the way everyone is using Bitcoin these days disgusts me. Nobody's spending them everyone's just being evil hoarders and speculators looking to make a quick buck, no one cares about bitcoin, whine whine whine, cry cry cry. Hey I need to clean the bugs out of my dreads while smoking pot and talking with my friends about how the financial system totally needs more regulation. Peace out.

Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:10:27 AM

Bitcoin won't be deflationary for a long time.

Elon Krusky
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 04:44:28 AM

Bitcoin won't be deflationary for a long time.

Have you called Paul Krugman yet? Is he going to start using bitcoins now?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Crazy

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:47:46 AM

Do you have a man-crush on Paul Krugman or something? wth are you going on about.

Elon Krusky
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 04:48:51 AM

Do you have a man-crush on Paul Krugman or something? wth are you going on about.

I figured all of the Keynesians on here spoke to him daily.

Crazy

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:51:44 AM

Why would you assume anyone discussing inflation/deflation is a Keynesian?

Elon Krusky
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: