Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:18:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This scientist re-wires frogs to grow extra limbs. Could it work in humans?  (Read 1630 times)
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 01:48:19 AM

This scientist re-wires frogs to grow extra limbs. Could it work in humans?

One morning in spring 2000, Michael Levin flopped in his chair and clicked on his desktop computer. A newly minted assistant professor at Harvard, Levin, then 30, was looking to solve a riddle that had baffled science for centuries: How do our dividing embryonic cells know on which side of our bodies to grow our hearts, our livers, our gall bladders? Countless people throughout history have been born with some, even all, of their organs transposed, and yet functioning. Levin suspected DNA alone was not to blame; there had to be some other trigger. Days earlier, he had ordered an imaging test on a half dozen chick embryos at the verge of organized development. As he pulled up the results, he stared, amazed. Electrical charges, rendered in yellows and reds, lay across the cells in patches, left to right, as clearly as a neon "This Way" arrow. Levin sat back and blinked. He was witnessing, for the first time in history, embryo cells telling each other left from right via electricity.

Read more at http://www.popsci.com/body-electrician-whos-rewiring-bodies.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 10:17:12 AM

Humans and frogs are different creatures; that won't work efficiently. If you want to create monsters, that's a way I guess. Lol

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:34:37 AM

Can I have an extra thingy or just an extra brain please? lolz.

One question, if everything is done by our brains like when I touch something my body sends signals to my brain and I feel it and the same feeling I am experiencing is registering as electricity moving in my brain, so how do I really feel? shouldn't brain sends something to me? oh wait all I feel and do is happening in my brain but am I my brain?
The person now is typing and sees and hears and feels, where is this person exactly? if when I touch my brain lights up and again upon feeling that touch my brain lights up and I feel it the same time.

If my brain is doing all the sending and receiving then where do I fit in here?

🖤😏
CryptoCypherCoin

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

Developer at TheCryptoChat

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 01:43:59 AM

This scientist re-wires frogs to grow extra limbs. Could it work in humans?

One morning in spring 2000, Michael Levin flopped in his chair and clicked on his desktop computer. A newly minted assistant professor at Harvard, Levin, then 30, was looking to solve a riddle that had baffled science for centuries: How do our dividing embryonic cells know on which side of our bodies to grow our hearts, our livers, our gall bladders? Countless people throughout history have been born with some, even all, of their organs transposed, and yet functioning. Levin suspected DNA alone was not to blame; there had to be some other trigger. Days earlier, he had ordered an imaging test on a half dozen chick embryos at the verge of organized development. As he pulled up the results, he stared, amazed. Electrical charges, rendered in yellows and reds, lay across the cells in patches, left to right, as clearly as a neon "This Way" arrow. Levin sat back and blinked. He was witnessing, for the first time in history, embryo cells telling each other left from right via electricity.

Read more at http://www.popsci.com/body-electrician-whos-rewiring-bodies.

Cool

OMG

has science gone too far?

Is this mad as mad as a bog of frogs?

Japan_peopleffs

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:18:00 PM

Perhaps in the distant future, it will work in humans, this process is too little studied. The idea is good, you need to develop in this direction.
Drowzy

Activity: 149

ZZzzzzzzz..

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:04:20 PM

This research needs grants! Just imagine, someone with a missing limb or even a missing organ can regrow it themselves simply by programming cells. So we are just computers made of bio matter instead of silicon. I always suspected that.
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 08:29:57 PM

This research needs grants! Just imagine, someone with a missing limb or even a missing organ can regrow it themselves simply by programming cells. So we are just computers made of bio matter instead of silicon. I always suspected that.

Too bad people who do research like this aren't allowed by the medical to use crowd funding.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
daronch

Activity: 197

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:42:31 PM

Incredibly interesting and amazing at the same time. Definitely needs more funds and research. Many people will benefit from this.
dawnasor

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

🌟-=BitCAD=-🌟 New_Business_Era

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:40:39 PM

That is very interesting but I dont think if that will work on human body.
Frogs and humans are different creature.Even they want to start a research on this their organization will against on it

▄▄▄
                             ▄█████▄
               ▄██         ▄█████████▄
              ██████▄    ███████▀███████
               ▀██████▄███████     ███████
                 ▐██████████         ███████▄
      ▄███▄        ▐██████             ███████▄
     ▐███████         █▀                 ▐██████▄
        ███████▄                           ▐███████
          ███████▄             ▄█▄            ███████
         ▄███████            ▄██████            ▐██████▄
       ▄██████▀            ███████████            ▀██████▄
     ▄██████▀            ██████▀   █████            ▐██████▄
   ███████▀           ▄██████▀       ▐███             ▐███████
 ███████            ▄████████        ▐████               ███████
 █████            ▄██████  ████▄    ▄█████               ███████
 █████          ██████▀      ▀███████████             ▄███████
 █████         ▐█████          ██████▀▀             ▄███████
 █████           ▐████▄        ████               ▄██████▀
 █████             ▐████▄    ▄█████              ▐██████
 █████▄              ▐████████████                ▐███████
 ████████▄              ▀▀█████▀           ▄         ███████
 ███████████▄                            ▄████▄        █████▀
 █████ ▐██████▄                        ▄████████▄        ▀▀
 █████   ▀███████                    █████████████▄
 █████     ▐██████                 ███████   ▐███████
 █████       ▐██████            ▄███████       ▐████
 ████████████████████████████████████▀
 ██████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

0xfff

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 04:08:26 PM

Okay. I search the article and I cannot find a picture of a frog with extra limbs. Please provide an image of a frog with extra limbs or delete thread because it is click bait. Thanks

Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:04:26 PM

That would be interesting, but i think it is not possible. Frogs are so different from us humans, and that is where problem lies in. But lets think for a moment that it is possible. It would be interesting thing to have. Im not sure if it would affect regenerative power of healing, or just simple regrowing limbs or parts of human organs. If it would affect regenerative power of healing than people would be almost immortal. Next questions is, how fast could you grow new organ or limb xD . Its interesting topic yes, but impossible for now maybe.
Seccerius

Activity: 128

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:36:08 PM

A frog and a man are very different organisms. It would be very useful, but it's impossible for a person yet. In primitive and simpler beings, limbs are easier to regenerate. The human body is more complex and rejects all alien. Scientists are working in this direction, but so far there has been no tangible progress.
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:54:29 AM

A frog and a man are very different organisms. It would be very useful, but it's impossible for a person yet. In primitive and simpler beings, limbs are easier to regenerate. The human body is more complex and rejects all alien. Scientists are working in this direction, but so far there has been no tangible progress.

The process might be very complex to truly make work. But the start has been there ever since we have transplanted organs successfully.

Cool

grenade launcher

Activity: 128

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:53:01 AM

The process might be very complex to truly make work. But the start has been there ever since we have transplanted organs successfully.

Cool

This is really a very complicated process and not even all the transplanted organs take root, but this adds some life to some people. So far, only in the movies can sew the limbs of other people or grow new ones. I believe that someday people will be able to grow limbs.
Qartada

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 10:08:16 AM

Frogs were seemingly just chosen to show that limb changes are possible, but it wouldn't work reasonably in humans.  Otherwise it would have happened in the past 17 years.

bitbunnni

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:37:07 AM

That would be interesting, but i think it is not possible. Frogs are so different from us humans, and that is where problem lies in. But lets think for a moment that it is possible. It would be interesting thing to have. Im not sure if it would affect regenerative power of healing, or just simple regrowing limbs or parts of human organs. If it would affect regenerative power of healing than people would be almost immortal. Next questions is, how fast could you grow new organ or limb xD . Its interesting topic yes, but impossible for now maybe.

Yes. Animals have a different body structure and capabilities. For the human body it is necessary to do other technologies of growing limbs. The idea is very necessary and interesting, but medicine has so far advanced very little in this direction.
dacueba

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:16:08 PM

you may rewire the body, but what about the brain?

the brain could not control extra legs
00hash01

Activity: 114

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:27:25 PM

you may rewire the body, but what about the brain?

the brain could not control extra legs

It all depends on how the nerve endings grow there. The operations for sewing nerve endings are now very complex and have few lucky chances. If the limbs grow like nails, then the brain must control them without problems. But if they sew, that is the probability of non-appearance of a foreign body and the brain can not control them.
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:32:07 PM

Could they? Probably, at least after some more research. Should they? NO. I think science goes to far once they start messing with genes and altering your body parts like that. At least that’s my opinion.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Beans

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:13:21 PM

Frogs are very different from Humans. It could work in humans but it may take another give or take 30 years. Growing limbs on lab may take 30 years to be perfected but growing the limps directly from amputated person is much much longer I guess.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: